Fundraiser cancelled

Bart

Hall of Famer
Unreal!

[url]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081125 /carleton_fundraiser_081125/20081125?hub=Canada [/url]

Fundraiser canned on claims disease affects only whites

Carleton University won't be holding a popular fundraiser to benefit cystic fibrosis, it was confirmed Tuesday, after the student council passed a motion falsely claiming the disease affects only white men.

In what journalism councillor Nick Bergamini calls an "incredibly divisive" move, the Council of Carleton University Students Association (CUSA) passed a motion at a meeting late Monday night that effectively cancelled the annual Shinerama fundraising campaign.

Shinerama events occur during the school's orientation week and proceeds go to the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CCFF).

The association raised the motion based on information it received from one of its former executive members that the disease affects only white people and mostly males, Bergamini told CTV.ca.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is truly sickening! I hope people raise cane like never before up there.
smiley7.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bone-marrow registry closing because it is too white.Sickening.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/1331/story/462477.html

The Treasure Valley's last bone-marrow donor registry is closing because it is too white.

St. Luke's Mountain States Tumor Institute says it can't meet a new national goal to add 1,000 racial minorities a year to its list of people willing to donate bone marrow to patients with leukemia, lymphoma and other life-threatening blood diseases.

The new requirement was created to help give minorities a better chance of finding a match that could save their lives.

But it means Caucasians in the Valley who could be swabbed and typed for free with the local list, will now have to pay $52 to register their marrow type and their willingness to share it with someone in need. (snip)

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
You know, outrageously racist things like this can sometimes act in our favor. The more outlandish occurrances of anti-white bigotry that occur, the better chance of white males finally understanding the their enemies. Only when things literally hit rock-bottom in terms of "repirations," will white males strike back.

Cancelling fundraisers for diseases that affect mostly whites is only the beginning. Nevertheless, it's one of the most unfair things I've ever heard. I understand their hatred and jealousy of white men....but what if some little boy or girl has those diseases? That's truely horrid. I guess strong walls are built stone by stone, until anything is tolerable.