Free agents to watch. 2010

IRONGUARD

Guru
This thread is the FA watch for white NFL players looking for new teams

Of the many white free agents available this year Kevin Curtis is one of the ones to watch.

Cut from the Eagles on March 18th he is a explosive WR that if healed from his injuries would be a great option for many WR depleted franchises.

I would love to see him go to the Seahawks, or to Baltimore. With luck he can be a starter for a team that will use him as he should be.

I have seen no teams even expressing interest in him yet. Will he even be signed by a team or will he be another forgotten receiver pushed into retirement by the caste system?

News link of his release. Seems like many of the comments back the idea that he is an underrated player.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/3/18/1379816/next-on-the-cut-list-kevin-curtisEdited by: IRONGUARD

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There has been zero interest in Curtis since his release as best I can tell. He could help so many teams. Just to name one off the top of my head, the Steelers now have no one after the aging Hines Ward. Mike Wallace showed signs as a rookie last year but is still unproven. But the Steelers seem committed to a Jacksonville-like all-black era. Or how about the Browns, Bills, Falcons, Cardinals, Bears, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Bucs, Titans and Redskins. All are weak at the WR position or lack depth. But of course it's only at QB -- which is in fact quite strong -- that the media whines about a supposed lack of talent.Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow, sometimes the caste system is even worse than I suspect. Curtis is a guy that could still be a #1 WR on many teams and a #2 on almost every team in the league if his knee is better. Yeah, he might have to take a pay cut for his new contract due to his knee, but this is utterly ludicrous that there's no interest. I'm going to have to start calling this league the (N)onsensical (F)allacy (L)eague. The DWFs are even stupider than we suspect to believe this BS. It would make more sense to believe in Santa Clause than this!

IRONGUARD

Guru
All in all, it looks like Kevin will never see the field again.

He is only 31 and a proven commodity.

another article that at least gives him some credit.

If healthy, Curtis would be an intriguing option for a team. He was timed as fast as 4.21 in the 40-yard dash--and that speed made him a strong compliment in the slot for Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. But in that first season at Philly, he also showed he could be the featured wideout and still perform.

http://www.101espn.com/post/41628_wr_kevin_curtis_now_free_agent