Forgotten White Athletes?

mastermulti

Master
here's the 100m final from the same 1994 European championships as Geir Moen's 200 win above.
With a nice finish Moen places second just 7/100ths behind Linford Christie (who was at this time reigning World and Olympic champion).

With all the advances now, 30 years later, in tracks, training, shoes, medical treatment etc I do believe his 10.07 (+0.6) and 20.17 (1.7) from 1996 at 27 could just about amount to sub10/sub20. He certainly shows high terminal velocity

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
here's the 100m final from the same 1994 European championships as Geir Moen's 200 win above.
With a nice finish Moen places second just 7/100ths behind Linford Christie (who was at this time reigning World and Olympic champion).

With all the advances now, 30 years later, in tracks, training, shoes, medical treatment etc I do believe his 10.07 (+0.6) and 20.17 (1.7) from 1996 at 27 could just about amount to sub10/sub20. He certainly shows high terminal velocity

I enjoyed watching this video. We all know Linford Christie was another cheater. They cover up for so many sprinters it make me sick. It you also notice that 2 of the 3 medalists were white sprinters. Yet we are told that whites are not athletic and do not make good sprinters!
Yes Geir Moen was a high caliber athlete and I agree he would be a sub 10 and sub 20 guy now a days. The same with Valeriy Borzov
and a few others.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
here's a youtube I hadn't seen before today.... "the best of Daphne Schippers" which finishes with 2018 and 2019 when she was struggling to overcome injury but still did very well. To me the European girls look to be a friendlier bunch by and large than the U.S sprinters. Just a generalisation I know there are exceptions on both sides.

I noted her long jump was far from copybook - no lowering of the hips in the penultimate step to rise into the takeoff step, but still she jumps 6.50 metres. And her sheer speed in the 200 together as her struggling in the 800 was an interesting insight into the differences between those trained for speed and power events and those who are endurance athletes. I love the multis

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
here's a youtube I hadn't seen before today.... "the best of Daphne Schippers" which finishes with 2018 and 2019 when she was struggling to overcome injury but still did very well. To me the European girls look to be a friendlier bunch by and large than the U.S sprinters. Just a generalisation I know there are exceptions on both sides.

I noted her long jump was far from copybook - no lowering of the hips in the penultimate step to rise into the takeoff step, but still she jumps 6.50 metres. And her sheer speed in the 200 together as her struggling in the 800 was an interesting insight into the differences between those trained for speed and power events and those who are endurance athletes. I love the multis

Also she meets the attractiveness criteria so necessary for watching women’s sports of any kind!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Well if she were a bit more muscular I have to admit I wouldn’t think she was so good looking but on a relative basis she is quite attractive.

For me, women’s sports are a complete waste of time so unless the competition is attractive there is at best a 5% chance I’d care enough to watch.

sprintstar

Mentor
you could see it in her eyes the last few euro races that she was hurting badly and knew it was time...a young Swoboda with a lot less tattoos wins the 60m indoor......