Forgotten White Athletes?

greyghost

Mentor
Don’t forget ...Kathy cook ....when everything around was luminous from steroids ...she was and still remains one of the most natural sprinters ever to grace a track ...

mastermulti

Master
Don’t forget ...Kathy cook ....when everything around was luminous from steroids ...she was and still remains one of the most natural sprinters ever to grace a track ...
I used to love watching her wind up, finishing races like a train. To me she was a female precursor to Christophe Lemaitre. Tall, never became a a great starter but had great top end and speed endurance

mastermulti

Master
and another great with a world record run that still stands after 40 years. I believe she did have some, ahem, assistance but I still can't believe how someone can be so far in front almost instantly

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In my honest opinon Stefan Holm is the greatest high jumper I've ever seen! Why do I say that when he doesn't hold the world records indoors or outdoors? He won countless titles both indoors & outdoors. Stefan Holm is in the Guiness Book of World Records for any Male
High Jumper in the History of the World! No man on earth has ever jumped higher above his height than Holm. Almost 2 feet taller than
his height of 5'11. This is an incredible feat of athletic vertical leap than will never be equaled. So therefore I choose this man who is a
small man that competed in the land of giants and beat them!

AC55

In my honest opinon Stefan Holm is the greatest high jumper I've ever seen! Why do I say that when he doesn't hold the world records indoors or outdoors? He won countless titles both indoors & outdoors. Stefan Holm is in the Guiness Book of World Records for any Male
High Jumper in the History of the World! No man on earth has ever jumped higher above his height than Holm. Almost 2 feet taller than
his height of 5'11. This is an incredible feat of athletic vertical leap than will never be equaled. So therefore I choose this man who is a
small man that competed in the land of giants and beat them!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bobby Morrow the greatest Olympic Sprinter you've never heard of.

2642.jpg

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Danny Farmer UCLA all-time leading receiver. wasn’t much of a pro but who knows how much of that was his fault.

Could very well have suffered from a case of melanin deficiency

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Danny Farmer UCLA all-time leading receiver. wasn’t much of a pro but who knows how much of that was his fault.

Danny Farmer’s story is an excellent example of the Caste System. his perseverance then emergence at UCLA should be the stuff of legend, and then what happened to him with the Pittsburgh Steelers was a travesty that should be talked about by any fan of the game. instead, this outstanding athlete has been memory holed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

None of it was his fault. Not sure why Danny Farmer was brought up in a track thread, but I wrote extensively about how badly he was screwed over. I followed him closely at UCLA and then he was drafted by the Steelers, so I had a big-time rooting interest in him, only to watch Bill Cowher and some of the team's black players reject him, with the local media then obediently following along. And then the rest of the league did as well, including Jon Gruden when he coached Tampa.

A search for Danny Farmer brings up five pages of results. The search function on Caste Football works very well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Danny Farmer was amazing and he was shafted and screwed over because of one reason. I don't have to say what that is.

However this thread is about athletics as in track and field. These posts belong on the football forums. I agree with both of you
but this is not the right place to discuss this. This thread is for retired track & field athletes. Thanks guys.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't know if she - Della Jones Pascoe - is a forgotten athlete, since I never heard of her . . . but it seems she was a very, very good sprinter in her day.
Also she was married to a great 400m hurdler, Alan Pascoe.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Harold Abrahams winning the 100 Meters Gold Medal at the 1924 Paris Olympics!

mqdefault.jpg

Harold Abrahams leans into Olympic gold - Men's 100m - Athletics - Paris 1924 Olympic Games​

Olympics

British athlete Harold Abrahams was a game-changer in the 100 metres Olympic Games athletics events. Abrahams began training with Coach Sam Mussabini who had been introduced by Eric Liddell. In a time without starting blocks, where runners would dig their own feet wholes, Mussabini would help Abrahams improve his technique. Mussabini split his training in to rehearsing techniques for specific moments such as reacting quickly to the starting gun and the leaning forward for the finish line. At the Paris 1924 Olympic Games, Abrahams -- who had been a previous long-jump Olympian -- did not compete in the long jump, focusing only on the 200m and 100m (including a leg of the 4x100m). The strategy and specific training had paid off and in an exciting 100m race; Harold Abrahams had won the Olympic gold medal in 10.6 seconds, equal to the Olympic record. Abrahams would still win a second Olympic medal with a silver medal in the 4x100m relay.

freedom1

Mentor
Have you guys heard of this athlete? He has a 10.02/20.66 outdoors with a 26-5 long jump. He has 6.56/20.92 indoors. He is from Belgium. I had never heard of him.

Ronald DESRUELLES​

1691196626388.png

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Yes, I remember him, but I had never seen a photo of him. Also I don't remember or didn't know he was a long jumper.
He definitely looks like an 'athlete', and has the stats to back up that claim.
Thanks for the photo.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes, I remember him, but I had never seen a photo of him. Also I don't remember or didn't know he was a long jumper.
He definitely looks like an 'athlete', and has the stats to back up that claim.
Thanks for the photo.

Yet as good as this guy was, Boling is better even with the wrong coach and the wrong training program. Along with being
over raced. Boling as a junior ran 6.55 indoors and 9.98 and 19.92 outdoors so they move him to the 400. UUUGGGHHH!!!