Florida St.@Alabama:Rediscovering Wyte OL

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
??

First, I'm not praising these blatantly Caste programs. It's just that some programs have forgotten the most "successful" Caste formula. That being a White-dominated O-Line.

1. Florida State's '08 Class had 4 White OL out of 6 OL recruits. This, compared to only 3 White OL out of 7 OL recruits, in the '07 Class.

2. All three guys listed as OL for Alabama's '08 Class are White.

There's another White man (was already committed to another program) that FSU apparently offered late, but he declined.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=73267

Here are some '09 OL that are being recruited by these 2 Schools:

Austin Long

http://vanderbilt.scout.com/a.z?s=189&p=8&c=1&nid=3604715

Anthony Steen

[url]http://hsmississippi.scout.com/a.z?s=397&p=9&c=2&cid=736276& nid=3426787&fhn=1&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fhsmississi ppi.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d397%26p%3d9%26c%3d2%26cid%3d736276 %26nid%3d3426787%26fhn%3d1[/url]

Hunter Poole

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=3269357

Might eventually receive an offer from 1 or both of these schools.

I think we may be seeing a "trend" from some of these schools. From my vantage point, it appears the White OL is making a strong return to College Football.

As for the SEC: I think Florida and Alabama will be on the rise while Georgia and LSU will falter.

I mean, Nick Saban is "pro-White" compared to Mark Richt... Amazing, isn't it??

More musings from the Twilight Zone: It looks like Mississippi State and the Miami 'Canes are making a fairly strong effort to bring in more Whites during this early recruiting period. Of course, White athletes will make their choice out of the available options presented to them.

I do think it's important to have some White beasts on some of these darker programs. Just DOMINATE!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If Anthony Steen plays for either one of the schools that have offered him (Alabama, FSU, and Southern Miss), he'll be the first Lee player to be on a 1A team since their former longtime coach Ricky Weiss played on the O-line for Ole Miss in the mid 70s. Lee is a private school in the MPSA, and very rarely do they get any interest from any local colleges, let alone big universities. I see that Anthony has visited Ole Miss and is also interested in Miami. This will be interesting to follow.

Deadlift, I like your enthusiasm, but I would be careful touse that info to project a trend over the whole SEC. It could be a blip, and it could be more. Either way we'll have to wait a few years to know for sure.

I think last year's success of white dominated O-lines in the NFL might have helped matters though. We'll see how it goes over the next three years and see if it ends up causing more of our men to start or not.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

fjsdlra

Deadlift said:
??

Last year Georgia had the blackest defense I have ever seen.Out of curiousity I looked at their depth chart last season and they didn't have a white player on first or second team defense.In fact,I couldn't find a single white player at all on their roster who was listed at a defensive position.Unless it was a walk-on who never played a snap and whose picture wasn't available on their website.Have they had a white defensive player since David Pollock?

Alabama started one white at defense end for only a few games.They had a few whites listed at defensive positions who only played special teams....

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
fjsdlra said:
Deadlift said:
??

Have they had a white defensive player since David Pollock?

Maybe, but probably not as a starter. Because of the nature of Georgia and Georgia Tech, the White Georgia talent continues to migrate (for College) to Auburn, Mississippi State, Florida, Central Florida, Maryland, etc.

Outside of Florida, the state of Georgia has the most overall Whites in the region, and White athletes are being "forced" to go elsewhere. That might hurt the Bulldogs. We've seen Georgia Tech's recent woes....

Alabama started one white at defense end for only a few games.They had a few whites listed at defensive positions who only played special teams....

So DE Bobby Greenwood was demoted? It figures.

fjsdlra

Another reason might be that Georgia's recruiting coordinator/defensive line coach is black.So he probably has in mind what type of defensive players he is after....

I've also noticed how Kentucky and Vanderbilt have went increasingly black in the past few years.I remember that it wasn't that long ago that it was common for Vanderbilt to have white recievers,but this is happening less and less there.And other than Dickey lyons Jr and their tight end,all of kentucky's starters were black,even the entire OL.Maybe its because this school has a black offensive and defensive coordinator.

Yes,Bobby Greenwood started the first 5 games before missing the 6th game.He played the remaing 6 games or so but was replaced by a black at his starting position. The black who replaced him,Brandon Deaderick,was one of the players who was arrested (for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest) before the 2007 season began.

Edited by: fjsdlra

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
fjsdlra said:
Another reason might be that Georgia's recruiting coordinator/defensive line coach is black.So he probably has in mind what type of defensive players he is after....

Yeah, and it's not just the D-Line. They love black sumos on their O-Line as well.

Kentucky has picked up some White O-Linemen in recent years, so their O-Line "should" become Whiter.

Vanderbilt does offer some White receivers, but I guess they haven't had the luck of landing them. These players usually land with another White-friendly program.

fjsdlra said:
Yes,Bobby Greenwood started the first 5 games before missing the 6th game.He played the remaing 6 games or so but was replaced by a black at his starting position. The black who replaced him,Brandon Deaderick,was one of the players who was arrested (for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest) before the 2007 season began.

Was Bobby Greenwood "blamed" and "scapegoated" for Alabama's subpar season? If so, that's a friggin' joke.

fjsdlra

Was Bobby Greenwood "blamed" and "scapegoated" for Alabama's subpar season? If so, that's a friggin' joke.

I don't know for sure,but Alabama usually does screw over white players....I grew up an Alabama fan but I no longer care.The first year I started watching football,1989,they actually had 2 white starting DBs.One at safety and one at cornerback.Today thats unheard of for most,if not all sec schools.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Great Pictures of Anthony Steen!

558232.jpg

558231.jpg

He is distinctly English in appearance.Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Nick Alajajian has verbaled to the Florida Gators.

Andrew Carter has verbaled to Illinois.

Anthony Steen has verbaled to Alabama.

Good luck to these athletes!