Flex Magazine

Dermax

I love the "sport" of competative bodybuilding. From the old greats to the new generation. In modern times, much like every other sport, it's hard to find coverage of the white bodybuilders. For the most part, however, race doesn't come into the picture. I'm not saying that it's not an issue, but for my money I see bodybuilders given a fair deal regardless of color. Which brings me to the December issue of Flex Magazine; more specifically to an advertisement for the product NO-Shotgun by VPX.

While the picture of the black bodybuilder was fairly standard, I was shocked to read the following statement in the ad. "Visualize a whie male who trains intensely and east right 10 solid yearsand then a typical brother walks into the gym for the first time and is leaner and more muscular having never touched a weight. White men can't jump for a reason- they don't have enough fast twitch muscle!"

The italics are theirs, but the entire message is pretty clear. After being shocked for a moment, I turned to the front of the magainze and noted that... oh, yeah... the 2006 Mr. Olympia was Jay Cutler; I guess they forget to tell him that he's supposed to be inferior to the "typical brother". Oh, and what was that one guys name? Arnold something?

VPX will never get another cent ofmine, and I would urge any other people interested in the sport to do likewise. There are plenty of companies, like BSN and MuscleTech that give equal (as much as can be in the modern world) time to bodybuilders regardless of race. The VPX ad was both unnecessary and racist.

Alpha Male

Mentor
I saw this ad posted a while ago in Men's Fitness. I posted the ad here and many people called in and low and behold it was removed from the following issue. I would urge you to call them and complain as well. Their number is posted on the advertisement. Hell, I'll call again if you post it. That ad is an extreme example of the caste system propaganda and is completely false. Did someone tell all the champion powerlifters, Olympic lifters, and World's Strongest Man competitors that they don't have the fast twicth muscle to compete?Edited by: Alpha Male

Alpha Male said:
Did someone tell all the champion powerlifters, Olympic lifters, and World's Strongest Man competitors that they don't have the fast twicth muscle to compete?

Yeah seriously. I'd like to see one the "experts" tell someone like Magnus Samuelsson or Mariusz Pudzianowski that they are "inferior" physical specimens. There isn't a black man on Earth who is as strong as these two men. Ronnie Coleman especially. He's strong only amongst other bodybuilders, but when its comes time to "play the game" against a world-class strongman, he can't compete with them.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
You gotta love some of those names of the guys in those strongmen competitions. especially the Icelandic ones like Magnus ver Magnusson and Jon Pal Sigmusson

Alpha Male

Mentor
ICELANDIC POWER!!!
smiley32.gif

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
It may be argued that Ronnie Coleman has a stronger LIVER than many current bodybuilders. No one has been able to gear up like he has for the last ten year and not be on dialysis or have some kind of a transplant. Jay Cutler, current Mr. O is truley huge, however, he studies the sport, regulates his diet, takes the right supplements and yes, probably juices. All things being equal, Cutler beat Coleman due to better genetics.
Edited by: WHITE NOISE

jcolec02

Mentor
dont forget Zydrunas Savickas...he doesnt get alot of pub...but I belive he is HANDS DOWN the strongest man alive...go to YOUTUBE and watch his video...he is something like 6'4 350

1114986899.jpg

Edited by: jcolec02

Alpha Male

Mentor
Coleman can afford to eat French fries and barbecue chicken for dinner because of the incredible amounts of gear he takes. A world class competitive, natural bodybuilder informed me that Coleman not only has a diet filled with junk, but also uses "fake plates" during photo shoots to make it seem like he is lifting more weight. Edited by: Alpha Male

Alpha Male said:
Coleman can afford to eat French fries and barbecue chicken for dinner because of the incredible amounts of gear he takes.

Alpha, you're my boy and everything, but I think I have to disagree with that statement. My reasoning for this is, when a person is on the juice, they have to be MORE careful about what they eat, not less. When someone does a cycle, ingesting greasy, fatty, foods is probably the worst thing they can do to themselves, for a number of reasons. One of them being that the grease from food like that, in conjunction with the roids, will cause a person to break out with acne like theres no tomorrow. Now, either Ronnie's actually adhering to a proper diet, or he's using some form of the drug Clomid in ridiculously high doses, to combat the breakouts.

I'm not hatin' on ya Alpha, I'm just throwing in my two cents on the subject.
smiley4.gif

Alpha Male

Mentor
Hey no worries my man. He may not eat that way all the time, but in the Ironman 2005 issue on page 267 there is a picture of him eating french fries and chicken with a caption reading: "Ronnie Coleman , all 321 pounds of him, could barely fit in the booth at dinner.Hey, Ronnie, are those french fries on your plate?"

I agree with what you said about juice raising cholesterol, but this guy can afford to cheat alot more than a natural bodybuilder could and still get results.

Persoanlly, I stopped buying the magainzes bc most of the worksouts aren't designed for natural bodybuilder's. The magazines are just page after page of advertisemtns for supplements that most likely don't do a damn thing.Edited by: Alpha Male

Alpha Male said:
Persoanlly, I stopped buying the magainzes bc most of the worksouts aren't designed for natural bodybuilder's. The magazines are just page after page of advertisemtns for supplements that most likely don't do a damn thing.

Yeah, I know, all the magazines are filled with advertisments now-a-days. And most people are stupid, because most of them will run right out and buy uselss crap because they saw it in the magazine. The only supplements I have any use for are Amino Acids and ZMA (Zinc Magnesium Aspartate). Both are stitistically proven to build permanent gains, unlike the gains made from creatine, which disappear after you stop taking it.

Heres my list of supplements that are the biggest rip-offs to ever hit he market:

1. Cell-Tech. All it is is creatine and loads of
sugar. Its sure to bloat you up like a
blowfish. Over-use of this product WILL cause
you to develop a very close relationship with
your toilet seat. The "runs" you shall have.

2. Gaspari Nutrition's Size-On: It hops you up
almost the same way that ephedrine does, and
the gains are also just temporary. Causes
jitters, and a false sense of "high".

3. Hydroxycut: This stuff is real crap. Within
weeks after you stop taking it, all the fat you
lost will come right back, and then some.

4. BSN's CellMass: Similar to Cell Mass, but
somehow doesn't have any sugar in it. Never-
the-less, it only causes temporary gains that
will vanish as fast as you stop taking it.

5. Nitro-Tech whey protein powder: There's really
nothing "bad" about this product, other than
the fact that it is ridiculously overpriced.
You can get the same results from generic GNC
whey protein, that costs a fraction of what
Nitro-Tech goes for.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Do you know of any good natural test boosters out there? The ones with zinc, mag, and terretus seem to work, but who knows.

I think that creatine helps with energy and burst. I like Trac Creatine with nitro loading. However, none of these supplements will do anything unless you have good diet and training. I've added some whey protein back in the diet as well.

Alpha Male said:
Do you know of any good natural test boosters out there? The ones with zinc, mag, and terretus seem to work, but who knows.

I think that creatine helps with energy and burst. I like Trac Creatine with nitro loading. However, none of these supplements will do anything unless you have good diet and training. I've added some whey protein back in the diet as well.

Stick with the ZMA supplement for testosterone. Its natural, and it works while you sleep. Also, trubulus terrestris products work well too, but they have to be cycled properly. The cycle that worked best for me was using it five days on, and two days off for about six weeks. I followed the five-on/two-off regimen because if you take trubulus everyday, then your body adapts to it, and it isn't as potent anymore. Thats why its best to not use it every day. Hope that helps.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter

Hello Gentlemen, long time lurker first time poster-

It's strange that that advertisement in Muscle & Fitness was what eventually led me to this site.

I read the ad and laughed out loud, as the black guys locally that go to my gym are either really skinny or really fat, far from the "super athletes" described in the magazine. I had never seen a successful black guy in powerlifting or the worlds strongest man. It really pissed me off to be honest. I read a lot of science articles on the internet about mucle fibers, and there was inconclusive evidence of a racial variance in muscle fibers. I sent an email to Muscle and Fitness stating that I was cancelling my membership to thier magazine if they would not remove a blatantly racist advertisement claiming black supremacy that was not scientifically proven. It was gone in the next issue I looked at, so I thought that was that.

But it got me paying attention to the media portrayals of white men as cowards and weaklings, and stupid. Apparently we needed the help of blacks and women to split the atom, break the sound barrier, and explore the most hostile regions of the earth.

It's good to see that most of the members on the board work out regularly, this is the best way to beat the "weak white man" myth. At 6'2" 215 with about 8% bodyfat I would like to dispute that sterotype.

I also wanted to add that Jay Cutler winning Mr Olympia was a slap in the face of that crappy advertisment. And Jay did it by thinking up a new way of dieting, while Ronnie did the same old thing: rely on his genetics. Somehow I think Jay will be on top for a long, long time.

Keep up the site, it's great to be able to express my pride to be a white man and not be called racist.

GWTJ

Mentor
Welcome InfamousOne,

Nice opening post, well said. This site is the only sanctuary from the onslaught of media bias against us. Hope you continue to post here.
smiley14.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Yes, welcome InfamousOne.

I'm interested in your comment about Jay Cutler's new diet. Can you share some details, or point me toward a website where I can get some information?

Thanks!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
My favorite WSM competitors are Bill "Kaz" Kazmaier & Gerritt Badenhorst, although this I'm pulling for Bruce Wilhelm lately. Favorite bodybuilders....Dorian Yates & Big Lou!

Shogun: They comment on some "changes" in Jay's Diet in an attempt to put on more lean mass but there are no specifics. I suppose Jay wants that info kept from Ronnie Coleman.
smiley2.gif

Apparently he teamed up with a new nutritional trainer and they concocted this dieting regime. I will see what else I can dig up for you guys in the way of specifics.

Ground Fighter: Does ZMA work for you? I have heard from a few guys who I see in the gym who claim it does nothing for them.

InfamousOne said:
Ground Fighter: Does ZMA work for you? I have heard from a few guys who I see in the gym who claim it does nothing for them.

Thats because they're probably not taking it the right way. ZMA mut be taken on an emprty stomach, right before bed, because thats when it works. Also, it can't be used for more than a month because it will lose its effectiveness, i.e., the body adapts to it.

nhl411

Guru
wait which magazine was the one with the ad, because I have the one that talks about jays beating ronnie coleman (thank god ronnie coleman lost, i was showing my dad the pictures and all but one of the guys who looked the most roided out were black)