fewer people posting?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it seems like traffic has gone down recently... but it just might be when i've logged on.

hopefully everyone at CF isn't getting bitten by the economic turmoil.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
it seems like traffic has gone down recently... but it just might be when i've logged on.

hopefully everyone at CF isn't getting bitten by the economic turmoil.

I haven't been able to post as much as I used to do lately due to personal issues and changes in my circumstances. I also may be moving soon to Montana of all places but I have to confirm a few more details in the next couple of months about a job opening among other things. So I will be a hit and run poster for the next couple of months. But I have noticed the reduction in the number of posts here lately and the reasons may be economic, who knows?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed it too the past few weeks. But then again it was slow a lot of the time in the spring and early summer, so the pickup we had for a while may have been an aberration.

We have some really good posters who have disappeared or who are here only sporadically. I know I was hoping the NFL forum and NFL team forums would be busier than they are. We used to have a lot more people posting on Sundays about what's going on in the NFL games. The new hockey season's started and no one's posted anything about it.October is a great month for the NFL, college football, high school football, baseball playoffs, the beginning of new seasons in hockey and basketball, and there's always boxing matches coming up. . .

People who support this site should make an effort to post regularly because an active board does promote increased traffic. I can verify from thesite statistics that the number of people coming here on an average day has dropped of late. That's not good because football season has traditionally been whenthe board is most active.

It's good just to "hang out" even when not posting; leave this window open even when going to other sites. When people are judging a site and there's not a single user on the board it doesn't make a good impression.

darthvader

Guru
After November 4 I'm sure there will be plenty of comments. Not that it really matters to me who wins but I'm sure people will have plenty to say.

Menelik

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
I've noticed it too the past few weeks.  But then again it was slow a lot of the time in the spring and early summer, so the pickup we had for a while may have been an aberration. 

We have some really good posters who have disappeared or who are here only sporadically.  I know I was hoping the NFL forum and NFL team forums would be busier than they are.  We used to have a lot more people posting on Sundays about what's going on in the NFL games. The new hockey season's started and no one's posted anything about it.  October is a great month for the NFL, college football, high school football, baseball playoffs, the beginning of new seasons in hockey and basketball, and there's always boxing matches coming up. . .

People who support this site should make an effort to post regularly because an active board does promote increased traffic.  I can verify from the site statistics that the number of people coming here on an average day has dropped of late.  That's not good because football season has traditionally been when the board is most active. 

It's good just to "hang out" even when not posting; leave this window open even when going to other sites.  When people are judging a site and there's not a single user on the board it doesn't make a good impression.

Got ya. You know I'm here for support.
smiley2.gif

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but is it possible that the drop off in site traffic might be attributed to people becoming resigned to the idea that the NFL is mostly black and destined to always stay that way?

Year after year we have white players come in with such hope and potential, only to see them get cut or get misused or sit on the bench while lesser black players get the endorsements and respect.

This site is a real oasis in an ocean of pure liberal media garbage, but in the end an oasis is just that -- and it won't flood the desert.

I think when certain hot button issues come up, it spurs activity, but for the most part people simply get used to the fact that change in professional sports is out of our hands. When I say "our" I mean people who won't allow themselves to be brainwashed by the avalanche of anti-white propaganda that inundates us all, everywhere we look.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If I can be frank..(or Tim, or Steve..lol jk), I feel having the different teams broken down into their own forums has discouraged posting. I know it has mine. I don't check out every teams thread or forum unless the subject line grabs my attention. Putting a new post under a team heading instead of in it's own thread is less likely to draw attention, imo.

I know we don't want to switch it back, but I'd suggest to the members, when creating a new post about a team or player to start a new thread in that team's forum instead of just piling it on under the 2008 Team thread. That way people who want to read about a particular player or situation know you've posted about that player in particular.

For example, if you want to post about the Romo injury, I'd suggest posting a new thread about titled 'Romo injury' or at least in a Romo thread. Putting it under the Dallas Cowboys 2008 won't draw attention, imo.

Just my .02

Sean

Mentor
White Shogun said:
If I can be frank..(or Tim, or Steve..lol jk), I feel having the different teams broken down into their own forums has discouraged posting. I know it has mine. I don't check out every teams thread or forum unless the subject line grabs my attention. Putting a new post under a team heading instead of in it's own thread is less likely to draw attention, imo.

I know we don't want to switch it back, but I'd suggest to the members, when creating a new post about a team or player to start a new thread in that team's forum instead of just piling it on under the 2008 Team thread. That way people who want to read about a particular player or situation know you've posted about that player in particular.

For example, if you want to post about the Romo injury, I'd suggest posting a new thread about titled 'Romo injury' or at least in a Romo thread. Putting it under the Dallas Cowboys 2008 won't draw attention, imo.

Just my .02

To be honest, I agree with White Shogun. I think having all 32 NFL teams with their own section just gets to be too much. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy having each team rated on its number of white players, but beyond that, I would prefer if the NFL forum was for all NFL topics, like WS says above.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I too have noticed a bit of a dropoff in activity, but I don't know what the cause is. I have been really busy with school but have still been trying to contribute. Sometimes I think the NFL teams being seperate is a good thing, because things tend to get lost in one NFL forum, but I can also understand that some people don't want to take the time to look at every post on every team's forum. I think the lack of "team fans" is a reason for this, and to be honest I am the same way. I don't follow any NFL teams, but instead follow players. If I am interested in posts on a specific player, I can go to the team forum and easily find what I'm looking for. With everything lumped into one forum, this is more difficult, but we did it that way for quite a while here at CF before the teams were given their own forums. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
Sometimes I think the NFL teams being seperate is a good thing, because things tend to get lost in one NFL forum, but I can understand that some people don't want to take the time to look at every post on every team's forum.

That's a big advantage as when everything NFL is in one forum, some potentially good threads get lost in the shuffle before they ever have a chance to "catch on."

We do need more fans in general. We pick up new posters, but unfortunately others fade away. I see the same thing in alternative, pro-white politics. Aware white people are way too easily discouraged. And the anonymity of the Internet makes it easy to "support" something without making a genuine commitment to it.

Our ancestors were not quitters. With the way things are going in theU.S. rightnow, we've never had more opportunity to reach new people. Events are forcing theblinders off a lot of people.Once theyrealize how phony and manipulated politics, economics and race relations are, the aura of "color blindness" and relative purity many believe sports has will also take a big hit.

Anyway, I like to think big when it comes to this site. I want to see a day when there's a forum for every team in the NHL, MLB and NBA too, and maybe also for the I-A college football teams. And forums for CF supporters in Canada, Australia, England, andvarious European countries. Edited by: Don Wassall

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I want to see a day when there's a forum for every team in the NHL, MLB and NBA too, and maybe also for the I-A college football teams. And forums for CF supporters in Canada, Australia, England, and various European countries.

If President Obama doesn't shut us down with hate crimes legislation first.

Edit: Damn that sounds weird.. President Obama. WTF? Edited by: White Shogun

White_Savage

Mentor
You people agree with too much of what I have to say.

What is the point of posting if it doesn't cause a flame-war?

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am a new poster here. I joined after reading the insightful, intelligent and humorous posts over the past year.

There was great debate or "flame-wars" as White Savage would say in Happy Hour over the past 3 months. It was great reading opposing points of view,and a must reading regarding this site when it came to politics. However, I observed some regular posters were banned and it kinda bummed me out. These posters were clearly pro white and intelligent, they just had different view on how to reach OUR self interests.

I feel the bannishment of those posters ticked people off. I want to post here in the Happy Hour forum, but apprehensive of my pro white views and politics if posted here. I will stick to sports and only reading here. Just food for thought.

FWIW, there's less traffic on the basketball sites I run.

icsept

Master
Quality over quantity. Be thankful we don't have to sift through all of the asinine posts that you see on Fox Sports and ESPN.com.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
I am a new poster here. I joined after reading the insightful, intelligent and humorous posts over the past year.

There was great debate or "flame-wars" as White Savage would say in Happy Hour over the past 3 months. It was great reading opposing points of view,and a must reading regarding this site when it came to politics. However, I observed some regular posters were banned and it kinda bummed me out. These posters were clearly pro white and intelligent, they just had different view on how to reach OUR self interests.

I feel the bannishment of those posters ticked people off. I want to post here in the Happy Hour forum, but apprehensive of my pro white views and politics if posted here. I will stick to sports and only reading here. Just food for thought.

You should feel free to post any political viewpoint you want here at CF. I hope you do just that. Those two regular posters you were talking about that got recently banned, I miss as well. I am still hoping those two guys(and I hope they are reading this) send a private email to the guy that runs this site, apologize and come back to CF. They were very good posters and added alot to the site prior to all the political warfare and anger that broke out on all sides that were involved in that. I hope I am not stepping on anybodys shoes by anything I just posted.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Westside said:

There was great debate or "flame-wars" as White Savage would say in Happy Hour over the past 3 months. It was great reading opposing points of view,and a must reading regarding this site when it came to politics. However, I observed some regular posters were banned and it kinda bummed me out. These posters were clearly pro white and intelligent, they just had different view on how to reach OUR self interests. They weren't banned for their views they were banned for going fubar against other posters and not acknowledging it. Don generally gives solid posters a long rope before they hang themselves.

They weren't banned for their views they were banned for going fubar against other posters and not acknowledging it.... Don generally gives solid posters a long rope before they hang themselves.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I tend to look at the site every day, or at the very least every other day.

However, I usually hit the "active topics" button and tend only to look at what happened during the last few hours.

Sometimes I feel inclined to post something, but most of my time on the site I just read stuff.

Perhaps other people are doing the same thing -- reading a lot, but not compelled to post unless something really attention-getting catches their eye.

speedster

Mentor
I'm the same as Giovani.I do plenty of reading but not much posting.I felt like I was repeating myself too much anyway so now I mostly just lurk and read all the cool stuff you guys have to say.Keep up the good work.

Observer

Mentor
Ditto on speedster and Giovani's about reading all the interesting stuff.

Also, as Giovani alluded to in an earlier post, I wonder how many of us do not really follow the NFL? I myself kicked the habit back in the strike-shortened season in the '80's.

...but I'll try to contribute a little more, without too obviously showing my lack of knowledge. (Having been in the web hosting business in the past, I had been trying to confine myself to contributing a dollar for every post I made...)

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
No one wants to post about college football teams?

It's great to support White athletes, but we have to deal with the reality that there are going to be BCS bowl games. We have Tebow against Stafford in a battle of teams trying to avoid a 2nd loss.

I think that's a game that White kids can watch.

Don't be afraid to post! Many of the top teams have White QB's and we should be able to manufacture some discussion.