Felix Sturm

Blue Devils

Mentor
Sturm returns this Saturday to face Khoren Gevor 30-3(16).

53ec015d93.jpg

Felix_Sturm_vs_Khoren_Gevor.jpg

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This will be a competitive fight - Khoren Gevor is a good fighter, one of the world's top five or six middleweights. But I think Sturm will win by decision.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
From reading the round-by-round at eastsideboxing it appears Gevor won the first 6 rounds. I turned in at round 8 and it seems Sturm is outworking Gevor now.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Very good fight from what I am watching. Lots of back and forth. Gevor is hyperventalating in the corner between rounds. Never heard anything like it before.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am really starting to get annoyed by Felix. When is he going to fight someone good and with a marquee name. Why won't he fight Pavlik or King Arthur when he had a chance? I am starting to think he knows his limitations and will continue to go the "safe" route and not take any risks for fame and glory.

Blue Devils

Mentor
When I watched the fight live on a stream I thought Gevor might have won. But I watched it again the other day and I had Sturm winning a narrow decision 115-113. I thought Felix chose the wrong tactics and made it a harder fight than it should have been.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Freddie Roach to train Felix Sturm

FightNews learned today that Felix Sturm will join the stable of world class trainer Freddie Roach. Sturm parted ways with longtime coach Michael Timm after his split with Universum Box-Promotion a few weeks ago. The 30-years old German met Roach on Monday in Manchester, England, where the American was working with British hopeful Amir Khan. Sturm and Roach quickly came to terms. "It is a dream come true for me to work with Freddie"Â￾, Sturm told FightNews over the phone. "He was my first and only choice. I truly believe that he will turn me into a better fighter."Â￾ Sturm plans to return to action in May or June of 2010. Currently, a lawsuit is pending between Sturm and Universum. Sturm believes he is a free agent, while Universum declared that they have a valid contract. "We, my lawyer and my whole team, are very confident that the contract has expired. I'm sure that the verdict will be in our favor,"Â￾ Sturm told Germany's BoxSport-Magazine in a recent interview.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 why is Roach trash? Looking at Pacman and last night Khan he seems to have an outstanding track record. I think Sturm is making a good decision and hopefully will fight a meaniful fight against a top US fighter be it an athelet or affelet.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'm hearing rumors that Felix will return in September to face former World Champ Ricardo Mayorga 28-7-1(22). Apparently Don King is trying to stop Mayorga's MMA bout this Saturday.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Felix Sturm schooled Giovanni Lorenzo today, winning a wide UD.

Scores were 117-111 twice and 118-111.

smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
Felix Sturm schooled Giovanni Lorenzo today, winning a wide UD.

Scores were 117-111 twice and 118-111.

smiley32.gif

Lorenzo threw way more punches but they didn't land. Sturm has incredible defense and he only lands credible shots.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Another mediocre NYC prospect/suspect bites the dust. Lorenzo, the Chin Checkers and now Jacobs have all lost whenever they have stepped up. I guess if you can make there you can't make it anywhere....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Felix Sturm returns Feb 19

WBA middleweight super champion Felix Sturm will return to action on February 19th at the Porsche Arena in Stuttgart, Germany. The 31-year-old Sturm is scheduled to make the ninth defense of his WBA middleweight title. The opponent will be announced shortly. In his last fight, Sturm scored a decisive comeback win after a lengthy layoff by defeating Giovanni Lorenzo in front of 18,000 fans at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. An exclusive and in-depth interview with the champion will follow early next week.