Fedor/ Randleman

JD074

Master
I saw this fight re-played on FSN (or one of those channels) the other night. Here comes Kevin Randleman, looking like a bodybuilder, muscles bulging everywhere, versus Fedor Emilianenko, who's muscular but not unusually so, and with a healthy amount of body fat. Randleman gets the oohs and ahs and adulation from the commentators by picking up Fedor and slamming him on the ground, head first. I do admit that it showcased some impressive strength. But about ten or fifteen seconds later Fedor is on top, and thirty seconds later the fight is over. So what was it really worth? One of the better examples of substance beating style, and that the things that impress the media "experts" and fans don't necessarily mean much.

G

Fedor is a machine. Anyone else would have been out from that slam.

Look in the gif how Fedor kicks his right leg out as he is about to be slammed and how as he hits the ground he slams his arm down simultaneously. He is always thinking and never panics.

About 30 seconds after that slam, Fedor had Randleman tapping out with a kimura.
smiley32.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Fedor does not lift weights, but he grapples for literally hours a day for conditioning. Though he doesn't look bulky, he's almost certainly as strong or stronger than Randleman. It's kind of like Matt Hughes...he doesn't look like a bodybuilder either, in fact, you see WWs in UFC who LOOK more ripped, but no 170 pounder in the world can touch Hughes for strength.

Gary

Mentor
It was a very impressive move by Randleman BUT NO CIGAR the RUSSIAN STILL WON !!!That move would have broken most men's back or neck BUT not Fedor. He must be one of the toughest men alive!!

JD074

Master
It was a great slam indeed, but I think that Fedor's shoulders and upper back absorbed most of the impact. It looks worse than it really is. I remember seeing Travis Diener (former Marquette basketball player) got undercut and landed in a similar fashion, and he only suffered from a sprained neck. Fedor knew he was going to get dropped, and I agree with panzer that he was prepared for it, so I'm not really surprised that he didn't get hurt.

Iron

Guru
Fedor certainly is a tough man.He is probably the best and most complete fighter i have ever seen.Most great wrestlers and submission experts are weak when it comes to stand up,and vice versa for punchers when it comes to the ground game but Fedor is complete in both these areas.He throws punches with Tyson esque power and velocity with great tecqnique.His wrestling skill and ability to manouver his opponents to achieve submissions most fighters would not even dream of,added to hisgreat intelligenceand composure which he demonstrated in the Randleman fight.When the stupid and one dimentional brute Randleman back slammed him,most fighters would of pannicked,not Fedor,with his intelligence he was already three moves ahead of him and subsequently submitted the brute in no time.This guy has everything.How do you beat him.Not many fighters,apart from the elite boxing heavyweights like a Klitschko can live with him in a boxing slugfest so they take him down where they are faced with a man with Zen like composure who is versed in all submissions and thinks five moves ahead like a grandchess master.It takes a brave man to step in the ring with him.