Fedor Emelianenko Jan. 24 fight

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
AA should stay in MMA (perhaps try K1), but he'd get whooped by Klitschko brothers right quick like. He has good hands, speed & athletism...but needs to stay out of pro boxing.

Vitor seems like a nice, Christian guy. I was pulling for the Law, but Belfort had too much firepower.

As for Brock vs. Fedor...Lesnar wouldn't stand much of a chance (any time soon). However, we'll need to see how solid Brock's chin is & if he develops sub skills. With his size, power, explosiveness & wrestling background, he has the talent/potential to eventually de-throne Fedor. This is provided Lesnar's standup is improved & rounded out, his chin is tough, and takedown & sub defense are solid. Lesnar's raw talent far surpasses Fedor's...so it's just a matter of how he develops over the next few years. He could be a juggernaut or bust.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Dixie,

I agree with everything you say except one thing. Yes, Lesnar may have a shot against Fedor in 2 years or so if he keeps developing at such a fast rate. If Brock beats Mir you'd have to rank him as the #2 heavyweight in the world.

While Lesnar is a freak of nature and has loads of natural talent, so does Fedor. The Russian may not have the size or physique of Lesnar, but he is as natural a fighter (physically, spiritually and emotionally) as ever existed.

Whenever I hear some brain-dead commentator, black racist or drunk white fan belittle white athletes, I think of how funny it would be if they said those same words to Fedor face-to-face.

The baddest man on the planet is a white man.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Dixie,

I agree with everything you say except one thing. Yes, Lesnar may have a shot against Fedor in 2 years or so if he keeps developing at such a fast rate. If Brock beats Mir you'd have to rank him as the #2 heavyweight in the world.

While Lesnar is a freak of nature and has loads of natural talent, so does Fedor. The Russian may not have the size or physique of Lesnar, but he is as natural a fighter (physically, spiritually and emotionally) as ever existed.

Whenever I hear some brain-dead commentator, black racist or drunk white fan belittle white athletes, I think of how funny it would be if they said those same words to Fedor face-to-face.

The baddest man on the planet is a white man.

LL...Fedor is the best MMA fighter in the world (P4P & of all time). He's also very talented & very skilled. However, I think it's incredible mental focus, unrelenting will & ferocity that makes him so great. I'd say Brock has more "raw" physical talent, but Fedor has that aura/drive that only a few rare athletes possess. I'm a big Fedor fan & like his personality/demeanor much more than Brock's. I was only alluding to raw athletic talent/potential. Total package wise...Fedor has no peers!

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Dixie you wrote: "...Lesnar's raw talent far surpasses Fedor's...".

What do you mean by that? To be fair to Lesnar and to you, Lesnar's is naturally bigger and his steroid enhanced strength may be better than Fedor but that is about it. One really must tell the truth....

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Lesnar ran a 4.6 40 y/d for the Vikings (@ 285). Some of the WWE biggest/buffest wrestles said he was the strongest person they'd ever been in the ring with. Paul Wight (aka "Big Show") said he'd never had anyone able to physically handle him (7'0, 485+) like Lesnar. Dave Batista said Brock would literally tear his arm out the socket in an arm wrestling match (because Lesnar's really that strong). Lesnar also executed several moonsaults from the top turnbuckle (backflips onto his opponents) in the WWE...at 290-300 lbs!!!

Lesnar's not only bigger & stronger than Fedor, but I'd dare say Fedor couldn't run a 4.6 40. Lesnar IS the better athlete & Fedor is the better fighter...best fighter in the world (but it's Fedor's heavy hands, iron chin & will + skills that make him so dominant...whereas Lesnar leans more on his raw physicality). I'm not saying Fedor isn't a good athlete; he's just not on the level of Brock.

Here's a few clips of Lesnar man-handling some giants in the WWE (& even though they "assist" in these moves...you can see the raw power of Lesnar)...

Lesnar F5's Big Show

Lesnar F5's 420 lb (Olympic Weightlifter) Mark Henry

Lesnar WWE Highlights...including a Moonsault off the top turnbuckle

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Dixie:

I will say to you outright that, though you cannot hear my words, I am not quarreling with you but quietly and dispassionately debating.

Yes, you are correct that Fedor is not a 4.6/40 yd. runner. That is not debatable. Could he have been had he participated in a foot speed sport instead of fighting? I believe so. But I -myself- would never use an athlete's 40 yd. time as a standard of athleticism because, as has been said many times on this website, there is so much more to an athlete than straight line speed over 40 yards.

Yes, you are quite correct that Lesnar is stronger, naturally stronger. No debate there.

As for Lesnar's backflip in the air, I would say with all honesty that Fedor could probably do somersaults in the air much like Ray Mysterio. Fedor IS that athletic and he IS that coordinated.

I see Lesnar as a very big, extremely strong man with good coordination, balance, speed and power. But that is really all I can say. I cannot say he is a better "natural" athlete because it is not like he is someone who never played any sports but walked out of an office, removed his shirt and trousers, and benched 350lbs, ran 4.6 in the 40, and then ran down the street and did a somersault in the air. Now that would be a "natural" athlete.

Fedor is something. He really is special. His striking is powerfull, fast, and accurate. He is balanced and quick on his feet both to side step and elude and to kick like a horse. His chin is as solid as a concrete wall. He is a flexible contortionist and a nimble escape artist, while also being able to grip and lock down an opponent into a submission like a python. Almost every time I watch him, especially during the last few years, he comes up with some strike or move that leaves me shaking my head wondering, "Where did he come up with that one?" Fedor is the most cunning warrior of our time and, yes, it takes an amazing athlete to be such a person as fighting is an athletic endeavor.Edited by: Maple Leaf

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I fully agree with your assessment of Fedor...a freak of nature, a cyborg, an unstoppable warrior and would most like sub Brock very quickly. And yes...Fedor is a tremendous, world-class athlete!
smiley1.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The only lossof Fedor's career was during a MMA tournament where the fight was stopped because he was cut. The only reason it was not considered a "no decision" was because of the tournament style rules (someone had to move on to the next round). For all intents and purposes, this man has never been beaten.

Fedor may have a little more trouble with an super-athletichulk like Lesnar, but I would certainly not bet against Fedorversus any man.

Personally, I dont think any current (or former) HW boxing championscould even touch this guy in a street brawl. He is truely the supreme fighting man of this earth.Edited by: Thrashen

Not only was it a cut which would render it a no contest 30 seconds into the bout. It was actually a illegal elbow, elbows were against the rules in this particular tournament. Therefore yes, I agree that for all intents and purposes he is still undefeated.

Thanx bro. Yeah the fires are really bad. I stay in the western suburbs of Sydney. The really bad fires are in Victoria, closer to Melbourne. I am quite a distance from where the fires are taking place. But yeah it is really sad to see people lose everything they have. The volunteer firemen have done a hell of a job down there.