Fedor Emelianeko

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, I see he defended his PRIDE HW title succesfully against Cro-Cop, making his record 22-1, and Fedor inarguably the toughest SOB on this planet, with his worthy opponent a close second.

Edited by: White_Savage

White_Savage

Mentor
Go to sherdog.com and watch this man's highlight reel. There is some beautiful footage of Fedor beating Gary Goodridge into submission, and tapping out Kevin Randleman after surviving one of the nastiest slams I've ever seen. Emelianeko's fighting is world-class level in every area, striking, wrestling,and submissions. He's living proof of the quotation in my sig-line.
smiley20.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm sorry I missed that edition of Pride. I'm goingt to check the replays, looks like there were some good fights on that card.

Fedor wins by decision;
Hidehiko Yoshida defeated Tank Abbott, a result with which I am actually pleased;
AND - Wanderlai Silva lost a decision to Ricardo Arona??

Silva is a manimal. I'd like to watch that one just to see him get beat, how it was done.

I'm headed to Sherdog to check out the highlights you suggested.

White_Savage

Mentor
I dunno, I actually kind of liked Tank-if nothing else, he served to remind the bruthas that it's not just the MT/BJJ/Wrestling/Umpteen years of training White guys that kick their ass...like as not theres at least one Tank in every rough dive who could wipe the floor with them as well.

OTOH, I kind of like seeing Japs win because I admire their warrior ethos and they get pissed on by the caste system even more than Whites.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What I despise about Tank is wasted potential. I agree it was nice to see him kick ass without any real training, but with his attitude and strength, he would have been a true monster had he spent some quality time in the gym. But you're right about one thing, there are plenty of guys like him around, if you're in the right.. er, wrong place.
smiley17.gif

I admire the Japanese warrior ethos as well. You will rarely see them act the idiot after a victory, for the most part they're gentlemen, good sports, win or lose. They fight with honor and respect what they're doing. And another thing about the Japanese, they don't like foreigners and race-mixing, which is an attitude I think white people should have also kept for themselves.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
W_S, what do you think of Wanderlai Silva?

W_Savage, you weren't surprised Fedor beat Cro-Cop, were you? I wasn't
at all, but some people I know actually thought Mirko would win. I have
to agree with Sherdog - Fedor may have to "...resort to handicap two-on-
one matches in order to feel threatened,".

What do either of you guys consider Silva to be - is he white? Black? I've
always assumed he was one of those mixed Brazilians.

The hunt for the Great Black Hope in true NHB goes on, I'm sure.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What do either of you guys consider Silva to be - is he white? Black? I've
always assumed he was one of those mixed Brazilians.

Like you, I assumed Silva is of mixed heritage, but not necessarily first generation. I'd say his family tree probably has a mix of white, black, and Indian in it, going back for generations. At least thats the way it looks to me.
smiley5.gif

Although I'm interested in his heritage, too, what do you think of his fighting ability? Edited by: White Shogun

White_Savage

Mentor
I considered it 50/50. I haven't seen much PRIDE, but I've seen fights with both men, thought Mirko at least stood a chance.

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, I've only seen his fight with Sak. Either he has some ******* admixture, or he's one supremely ugly White man
smiley1.gif
He sure can strike. All that White blood in him doesn't seem to slow him down abit
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Interestingly, Fedor doesn't train with weights at all-he just grapples all day for conditioning. No wonder...

His only loss was to a cut stoppage
smiley5.gif

Quite possibly the greatest athlete on Earth. No one's heard of him, of course. Could be he lacks "color" (in the physical and in the sense of being quiet and intellectual outside the fight instead of a loud-mouthed felon.)

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Watch out for Arlovski too!

I love Arlovski's fanged mouth piece. Edited by: White Shogun

Gary

Mentor
Fedor Emelianenko is a very tough man-6' 233lbs. His style of Sambo is a Russian Martial Art very close to Judo. If he's not the Toughest Man on Earth,he must be very close!

Gary

Mentor
Fedor Emelianenko is perhaps the Toughest Man on Earth. Not the biggest[6' 233]but he can walk down any street he wants, anytime he wants. Mike Tyson wouldn't last 3 minutes with this man!!Here is his photo.

3236.jpg