Eric Decker

sprintstar

Mentor
actually I think Decker could take Edleman's spot as he is a faster, bigger receiver with as good or better hands and equally as good or better route runner....

wow! NE does it again!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Simply amazing yet no other teams care to emulate the best team in football. It goes to show it's not just about winning. There
are other factors which we know here. I'm shocked the average fan can't see this.

MrPoon

Mentor
Really remarkable that Decker received no other offers. A proven vet who had a great playoff game. I am so sick of guys like him getting treated this way. So glad he'll be on a team that will show him off. He and Hogan on the outside will be amazing to watch.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Lurkers, notice that many in the media always project white receivers to the slot no matter whether that's their best position or not. Decker is best as an outside receiver.

Flint

Mentor
It's just ridiculous that there is only one team that will give white players a consistent opportunity. And that team is a dynasty, maybe the best one ever.
That level of racism against whites should be an embarrassment but virtually no one in media will even mention a whisper.

sprintstar

Mentor
If any white news person reports positively on Whites or mentions whites get discriminated against the Jews will fire them. no balls....

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well damn looks like Decker has called it quits. He's been a joy to watch throughout his career but seems the reports regarding him losing a step and struggling with drops were true! Anyways it was a good run!

The Hock

Master
Well he had an eight year career which is more than most and certainly had his moments. Some guys can go a ways into their thirties but it looks like thirty did him in.

With is 43 Wonderlic I'm sure he'll find something productive to do.

Broadcast booth?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Eric Decker is the second best White outside receiver of the past 30 years, which is where he played much of his career, behind only Jordy Nelson. He had three thousand yard seasons, including one with the lowly Jets after the hive mind narrative was that he only did well in Denver because of Peyton Manning. His peak season was 2013 with a superb 87/1,288/11, and he also reached double digits in TD receptions in 2012 (13) and 2015 (12).

Reading his retirement statement, his passion seems to have waned. He made lots of money and has a celebrity wife. Pro athletes who are driven still play as long as they can, but with the money they make now, many can retire young and be set for life and pursue whatever interests they want. I wonder too what effect being unwanted last year as a free agent had on Decker, as no teams showed any interest in him despite how well he played with the Jets, until the Titans finally signed him cheap and then underused him with a lousy quarterback. Then being unwanted again this year, maybe he didn't stay in top shape physically and mentally and was already preparing for retirement and just didn't have it anymore when the Patriots signed him.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Eric Decker is the second best White outside receiver of the past 30 years, which is where he played much of his career, behind only Jordy Nelson. He had three thousand yard seasons, including one with the lowly Jets after the hive mind narrative was that he only did well in Denver because of Peyton Manning. His peak season was 2013 with a superb 87/1,288/11, and he also reached double digits in TD receptions in 2012 (13) and 2015 (12).

Reading his retirement statement, his passion seems to have waned. He made lots of money and has a celebrity wife. Pro athletes who are driven still play as long as they can, but with the money they make now, many can retire young and be set for life and pursue whatever interests they want. I wonder too what effect being unwanted last year as a free agent had on Decker, as no teams showed any interest in him despite how well he played with the Jets, until the Titans finally signed him cheap and then underused him with a lousy quarterback. Then being unwanted again this year, maybe he didn't stay in top shape physically and mentally and was already preparing for retirement and just didn't have it anymore when the Patriots signed him.

I think that's pretty much it right there. I don't think he lost a step physically, but mentally it doesn't appear he was fully dialed in. I read an article talking about his struggles in the Pats offense, dropped balls and running wrong routes, that's uncharacteristic of him. Even the Pats brass were surprised it seems and he was most likely going to get cut.

Plus, he and his wife had a third child earlier this year. He had indeed made millions and set for life, I have never heard him speak, I wonder if a broadcasting career could be next.

Decker and his beautiful white family:

IMG_6768.JPG