Emmitt Smith was been robbed of his job

dwid

Hall of Famer
Emmitt Smith fired from ESPN

"Smith, the NFL's all-time leading rusher, received overwhelmingly negative reviews for his on-air work. "

smith_emmit050203.jpg

Emmitt Smith murders the English language

about time!

foobar75

Master
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Barry was so much better, just not an egomaniac obsessed with his own #s. Can't imagine B.S. peetering out in Arizona.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Now if only some of the many other affirmative action hires who can't speak basic English would likewise be shown the door. They could all line up behind Shannon Sharpe -- if anyone could understand him that is. Alas, despite the Smith firing the trend is still very firmly in theother direction -- hiring wildly disproportionate numbers of blacks for every visible occupation in broadcasting, entertainment and sports.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
What about Michael Irvin? I am sure he could teach us a few things about English.

Probably doesn't retain much after his injury from hard-hitting Eagles safety Tim Hauck. If he hadn't been ducking the hit like a coward, he would have never been injured. I don't agree with the Philadelphia fans cheering, but Irvin could have avoided it...

white is right

Hall of Famer
But then again Merril Hodge retired because of Post Concussion Syndrome and he doesn't sound like Rocky Balboa...
smiley36.gif
What does say about FSU that Emmitt Smith is graduate of that institution?
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

The Hock

Master
Well, I'm going to miss Emmitt. Yes, he mangled, but there's just something genuine and likeable about the guy that stood out in the company of those other corporate caste phonies. You can be sure that his replacement will fit the plastic mold much better.

Emmitt was a one man highlight show.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The whole lot of marble-mouthed, caste-(over)hyped groidians (Sanders, Smith, Sharpe, etc.) have no business holding a broadcaster or analyst position for any network except BET. Their constant butchering of the King's English and caste-esque comments are grading on the ears & eyes!

P.S. - Smith was very overrated indeed!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
You know, I am actually sad to see Emmitt be fired. He was absolute, proof positive of the drastic affirmative action practices taking place within the "NFL commentary world."

At least Emmitt was funny, and said things so patheticly stupidthatI actually didnt just tune him out (unlike the other boring talking heads).

During Emmitt's brief stint on the reprehensible Sunday NFL Countdown, there was a hilarious website devoted to his grammatical mishaps....

http://walterfootball.com/emmitt.php

Don't get me wrong, Emmitt's commentary was as castetheany other clown...however, his buffoonish delivery was second to NONE! Emmitt, you loveable moron, I will miss you!
smiley36.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
WHAT NO SMIFF on ESPN! What is the world coming to? I wonder if the Executives at the network said hey my 9 year old has more command of English than Smith.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Warren Sapp has to be the most ridiculous affirmative action broadcasting hire ever after Shannon Sharpe. He might even be worse. He mumbles and mutters a sentence or two in bad English, then usually starts laughing when he's done even though he almost never says anything funny. And of course all the white buffoons like "Mooch" laugh along with him.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
When will the NFL understand that broadcasters like this are not good for ratings? Oh wait, lots of drunk white fans like them.Edited by: whiteathlete33

whiteathlete33 said:
What about Michael Irvin? I am sure he could teach us a few things about English.
Out of Smith, Sanders, Sharpe, Sapp (what's with all the S's?), Irvin was the most respectable. A writer from one of these shows said Irvin worked harder than anyone else on staff--including the real journalists--and actually hired a diction coach. Didn't stop him from doing lines of coke off strippers in his free time, but a somewhat respectable talking head nevertheless (compared to the others at least)

Edited by: Fightingtowin

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
His photo reminds me of that episode of Married... With Children where Al Bundy and Steve Rhoades thought they were going bald, so they went to a meeting of bald men, and Al mentioned that he really missed playing pool.

Don't feel too sorry for Emmit -- he's rich, or at least he should be rich with all the money he must have been paid.

Still, it must suck to sound so dumb on camera.

And also to not be able to ride certain rides or reach things on high shelves.

P-NutLane

Guru
He, like many other blacks, can not say the word ask. They say ax. He also did the negro version of the R. "Aruah"