Emilie Erasmus 10.01

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Incredible news. Good luck to Emile Erasmus and let's hope he can finally dip under that 10 second mark legally! :)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Emile Erasmus won his race in Poland today in a fine time of 10.14 +0.8 as another poster said in the track results. I
haven't seen today races yet on video. I'm hoping his dad will post it if he has it available. Here is a race Emile ran in
2018 will he ran 10.11 into a negative 1.0 wind! Amazing speed, strength and endurance. So happy he won today!

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
yes, 2 runs by Emile in Poznan today, both in near windless conditions. He won both the heat and final, the final a little slower - he's probably getting in some rounds ready for the big meets coming up.
If his dad can post videos of the runs maybe he can comment briefly on how his body feels now after both runs. Uninjured hopefully

Last edited:

Mielie23

Guru
There was no live stream of the heats so no video. I need to edit the final video and will post it it then. He was extremely happy with both runs. He felt 100% in the heats but the 13 hour flight yesterday and the quick turnaround time between heat and final took it's toll. He said that in the final his legs where like rubber and he had no strength left. Awesome start in Europe as this was the quickest first race ever for him.

Mielie23

Guru
He said it was cold 59F. He has some work to do with his start but will get there. Enjoy the video. Sorry no sound for some reason but commentary was in Polish.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the video. I could tell the weather was not very summer like. Europe is always a little later summer. He looked great though leading from wire to wire. Exciting start to the European Season in Emiles preparation for the World Championships. We are some of his biggest fans. Please let Emile know if he ever wants to stop by and say hi it would be great to have a few posts from him. Tell him congrats on the epic start to the season!

Mielie23

Guru
Thanks for the video. I could tell the weather was not very summer like. Europe is always a little later summer. He looked great though leading from wire to wire. Exciting start to the European Season in Emiles preparation for the World Championships. We are some of his biggest fans. Please let Emile know if he ever wants to stop by and say hi it would be great to have a few posts from him. Tell him congrats on the epic start to the season!
Thank you so much. I will send him the message!!

Mielie23

Guru
Emile's next event is "meeting international d'athlétisme de montreuil" June 2 2022

mastermulti

Master
we'll be looking forward to his run(s) on Wednesday. I guess he's fully rested from his flights now and feeling good.
Thank you for the update

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Emile's next event is "meeting international d'athlétisme de montreuil" June 2 2022

Just curious if Emile has any nicknames since he has been sprinting? If not I was thinking the South African Comet might be a good one. Lol. How about South African Jet Man! :) Erasmus leaves everyone in the dust! Lol.

Anyways good luck to Emile Erasmus up north in Canada. I used to live in NY and that's about as close as I've been to Canada. I remember Christophe Lemaitre had his fastest wind legal
sub 10 there. Lemaitre ran a time of 9.92 wind legal. Seems like just yesterday. It's not a place or tracks known for fast times but you never know. Good luck to your son!

Mielie23

Guru
The athletes call him "The Beast" and sometimes the "White Whale". His base is in the Netherlands and he his preparing for Paris. Spoke to him last night and he is great, the long uncomfortable trip seems to be out of his legs and we are holding thumbs. Just some useless info, he coaches at a primary school about a half a mile from our home and the support from these kids are amazing. Sorry, primary school kids are under 13 years of age. I include a pic from yesterday.
Emile 30 May 2022.jpg

Mielie23

Guru
On his first run in Poznan he equaled the meeting record set my by Michael Rodgers at 10.14.
284422489_163955069427695_1626892240240132571_n.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for all the great info. Alot of our track guys other than me are not online right now but they will love to see this just like I did.

The Beast is fitting but being a Christian I would reather call him The Hulk or The White Whale.

That is so cool that he tied the meeting record last week. Your son is just so much fun to watch. Like I've said before I hope he has some good years left as he has taken good care of himself. Good luck in Montreal. :campeon:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a pic you guys will like.

iu

sprintstar

Mentor
Thanks for all the updates on your son!! I am glad to hear he is mentoring young children in your hometown, having a strong male figure in their lives is so very important.

mastermulti

Master

"Anyways good luck to Emile Erasmus up north in Canada. I used to live in NY and that's about as close as I've been to Canada. I remember Christophe Lemaitre had his fastest wind legal
sub 10 there. Lemaitre ran a time of 9.92 wind legal. Seems like just yesterday. It's not a place or tracks known for fast times but you never know. Good luck to your son!"

W/L, Montreuil is but a suburban area of Paris. Christophe's run was there too, way back when ...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have a question for you and your son. Do either of you know Morne Nagel or Clinton Venter? I was a big Nagel fan about 2 decades ago and he ran for South Africa. He could run the 60 meters in the the high 6.40's range. Amazing explosiveness
for a guy that wasn't that big or powerful at least to look at him yet he was like a rocket out of the blocks. I thought he would be the first white spritner to go sub 10 but he never did and Lemaitre was the one to make history. Just curios if you knew
Morne Nagel or Clinton Venter who also sprinted back then?

Mielie23

Guru
I know Morne Nagel. Still very active in South African sprinting. He is a successful businessman and runs several companies. He is the practice manager at Nagel Orthopedic services, CEO of SCF nutrition, Head coach of SCF coaching, strength and conditioning coach at the Lions Rugby franchise as well Head Sprinting, conditioning and strength coach at the University of Johannesburg. Always see him at the big events in South Africa. Never knew Clinton Venter, I believe he was based in the Western Cape and is now involved in real estate.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well I rooted for Morne Nagel then and now Emile Erasmus. Can you also tell us if any young south african white sprinters might have the future potential of your son? Just curious. Hope your both staying safe in South Africa as we always hear many of
the horrible stories about the farmers and other South African Whites being raped, beat up and killed as well as having their land, farms, houses, etc. taken from them because of the color of their skin.

We really appreciate your posting here sir. It's an honor to speak with you freely on this message board. Good luck to Emile and let's hope for another fast time! :)