Eagles - Saints

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Yes, I'll be watching this game all the way through as well, barring a cable outage.

The last thread went so well, I thought I'd set up another thread for this game. I almost feel like I'm watching the game with you guys.
smiley4.gif

And just in time, too! WOW! What a hit on Reggie Bush! It rattled the windows at my house! They haven't said if he is injured but he was hurt on that play. He tried to get up but his body wanted no part of it.

Saints go three and out to open the game.

Eagles go three and out. Bush is back in the game. Guess he wasn't hurt that bad after all. Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Duece is getting some good runs behind Mike Karney. Nice kick by John Carney! I hope the Saints win because they are the whiter team.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Deja vu with the field goals already, lol, although in this case it's the home team with a field goal instead of the visitors.

I hear you, Reb. I was just telling the folks here watching the game that I like Garcia but the Saints linebackers are white. Tough choice, but Mike Haas and a potential quarterback controversy between McNabb and Garcia have me rooting for the Igles. But I am not as emotionally invested in this game as I was the Colts game, as I don't dislike either of these teams as passionately as I do the Ravens. I'll root for the winner of this game against the Bears-Seahawks tomorrow, regardless. Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow, helluva pass by Garcia into double coverage. Stallworth almost had it.

Another wow.. Garcia is throwing the ball like we expect from Manning. Fast, with laser-like precision. Great catch, too. Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can understand that. I guess I have to root for the usually sucky Aints to win, but I hope Garcia has a great game too.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ouch, nice sack on Garcia but face mask penalty for 15 yards.

Good call on the screen play, with the Saints pursuit right now, but Westbrook runs into his own man!

Garcia should have kept running, it looked like he could have made the first down. Instead, he runs past the line of scrimmage and throws the ball.

Reb, do you know who is calling this game? The Fox crew doesn't seem to be nearly as pro-caste as CBS. I guess without McNabb, McNair, or some other Irish quarterback or Ray Lewis to talk about, they don't have much to say. It's still early though, lol. Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Daryl "Moose" Johnston is one, and the other I'm not too familiar with.

Wow, nice catch by TE Mark Campbell!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Daryl "Moose" Johnston is one, and the other I'm not too familiar with.

Wow, nice catch by TE Mark Campbell!

Thanks, Reb!

And you beat me to it on Campbell, just hope he only had the wind knocked out of him.

Hey, they're talking up Considine, too. Nice compliments.

Nice run by Reggie Bush. Guess who ran him down? Considine.

This game isn't looking good for the Eagles already. Brees just hit Henderson on a long bomb. Second down and goal. Hard to believe the SAINTS are this good!
smiley36.gif

The Saints and Eagles seem to be playing at a higher level than the Colts - Ravens did today. Much faster, bigger plays, better throws, better runs. Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shogun, besides Moose being the color man, Dick Stockton is the play by play guy and Tony Siragusa is the sideline guy.

Considine has 2 tackles so far and is in on a lot of plays.

Scott Shanle has a sack too.

What a throw by Garcia!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Just like that, the Eagles are up by one. Garcia's mobility is really saving the Eagles, otherwise he'd have taken a few more sacks already. If McNabb was back there, I don't think he'd be as likely to take off, despite his reputation and that of black quarterbacks overall for the affleticism and mobility.

How about that stat? That TD pass by Garcia was the longest pass in Eagles' playoff history. McNabb has been the quarterback for the Eagles the several years, and they have been in the NFC Championship game four straight years. But their back up quarterback, a guy who is supposed to have a weak arm to boot, has the longest pass in Eagles' playoff history??
smiley36.gif

Man, the Saints' offense is tearing it up, first and goal again. But only six points so far. Oops, take it back - Reggie Bush just hit the pylon for a touchdown.

Saints are looking good. Got to give credit where it's due.. Reggie Bush is looking really good, too.

Considine is all over the place. He made a nice open field tackle on Deverey Henderson, who was trying to stiff arm him at the time. Considine ducked under his outstretched arm and made a textbook tackle, wrapping up Henderson's legs and taking him down. Edited by: White Shogun

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Too bad Considine miss a tackle but he did a couple of great play! He is by far one of the better safety in the league and he is a second year wow! And he is THE BETTER tackler in openfield

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Animalmuther0 said:
I'm thinking that Garcia should pass and run more. Westbrook is doing nothing.

I agree. Looks like this game is going to fall on Garcia's shoulders, win or lose. So far, he's doing ok.

Very interesting, Johnston is praising Jeff Garcia a lot. He's talking about the intangibles he brings to the offense, his confidence, etc. It almost sounded like they were talking about McNair.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Garcia has more passing yardage before the half than Manning or McNair had in their whole games earlier. It's good to see a white face on the ESPN leader board again!
smiley32.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Westbrook looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Nice jump for the TD.

I'm really surprised, the Eagles are showing a lot of fortitude. They have been getting manhandled on defense but they're hanging tough and have the lead again.

I think it helps me keep the game in perspective when the announcers aren't so biased. Watching the Colts - Ravens game was nerve wracking because Gumby and Dumdorf were constantly talking about how good the Ravens were, whether on offense or defense. It reminds me now of listening to ringside announcers when a white man is fighting.
smiley36.gif

Was that a fake punt or a muffed punt turned into a first down? Still, heady run by the punter. Even the announcers said so!
smiley17.gif

WOW! WHAT A RUN BY WESTBROOK! He broke a 62 yard run for a TD. Big plays are killing the Saints.

Much better game to watch than the Colts-Ravens! Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Billy Miller is making a name for himself with a team high 3 catches for 51 yards so far. The line and Karney really helped Duece get in the endzone just then. This is a great game!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Isn't there some kinda rule against assisting another player? That you can't push them along for extra yards?

What the hell was that scrum on the Saints' touchdown???

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
They were ahead of him I think, but a good question, Shogun.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
One thing is for sure, neither of the defenses in this game are tackling like the Colts and Ravens. Westbrook gained about an extra 8 yards on that play because the Saints' defender didn't want to, or couldn't figure out how to make a play on him.

They were all over Garcia and he still got the ball off, only have to the receiver drop the ball. Figures.
smiley5.gif

Hey Reb, what do you think of the game Stockton and Johnston are calling? I don't mind actually listening to these guys. They make Gumby and Dumbdwarf's biased commentary that much more obvious.

It's nice how they're complimenting Billy Miller without too many disparaging caste remarks. They did say the Saints were 'forced' to bring him in when Conwell went down with injury, but that was the worst thing they had to say. And they said he has as many catches (yards?) as Marques Colston. Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing about this crew. I may actually have 2 NFL crews that I can listen to next year. Al Michaels and John Madden (because he makes me feel smart) and Stockton and Johnston. Things are looking up!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If you want some laughs, you should do a youtube search for Frank Caliendo doing John Madden, and you will laugh your head off. The best one though, which I don't think is on youtube, is Frank's Madden from Comedy Central a few years back.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Think the Eagles are going to put somebody on the tight end down the middle before the game's over? LOLHow many times you gonna burn a team on the same play?

Some sloppy tackling by the Eagles helped Bush get a nine yard gain, but it was called back for holding. Two or three Eagles hit him with their helmets and pads without wrapping him up, before he slipped on his own.

Again - poor tackling by the Eagles as McAllister breaks a long run.

But not on the TD run - McAllister just faked out the defender, left him tripping over his own feet.

Great game! Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer