Dungy / Smith, in the long run....

Weltner

Guru
One of the things that many of the media puppets and robots have been repeating,is how "classy" Dungy and Smith are,how they haven't made much fuss or noise about how they're the first blahblahblahblahblah.

As We racially conscious Whites have known for decades,the first blacks in any sport or important position in that sport,are always "classy".But,as time goes on,and the number of blacks mutltiplies like the cockroaches that they are,they ALWAYS begin act,well....anything but "classy",and drag it all down into their racial septic tank.

In the NFL,after a few years,slong came Jim Brown,Johnny Sample,Elmo Wright( The inventor of the TD dance,may he suffer for eternity ),DUANE THOMAS,Alan Page,many from the AFL/AFC( Which was Lamar Hunt's deliberate plan,may he suffer big time ),Bernie Casey,Rosie Grier,the high-fiving,the afro-handshakes,Hollywood Henderson,James Harris,and many others throughout the '70s,up to today( Derrick Thomas, who fathered SEVEN illegitemate children with FIVE different women,two of them White,Deion Sanders,Michael Irvin,the nine Bengals,etc,the endless numbers of University of Miami players also )and their guilt-ridden,self-righteous White/Jewish protectors on the teams,executives,and in the press to save their hides,and the sport has been in the outhouse ever since.

In MLB,within as few years,well hell,Jackie Rbinson was anything but a classy guy;only a couple of years,he was bitching and howling.Then along came Clemente,and Maury Wills,and Flood,and Gibson,Frank Robinson,DICK ALLEN,The black and hispanic SF Giants whining about Alvin dark not letting the play their "music" in the locker room,Joe Morgan,Dave Parker,Doc Ellis,Reggie,Henry Aaron,and their various traitor White teammates and Pavlov's Dogs in the press to save them.

The NBA?....'nuff said.

And,over the last 10 years,tennis,with the entire Williams "family".

There were racially conscious Whites back then,when these evil things happened,and you think they didn't forsee all the evils that would happen as a result?They knew the pathology of black behavior.But,of course,even then,they wre slandered as "racist","bigot",and were more or less run out their sports.And if you don't think it won't happen in the NFL,with black coaches,you're more naive than you know.Yes,the first coaches have been "classy",but it will not be long, bfeore We get a coach acting like Michael Irvin,Deion Sanders,Hollywood Henderson,Warren Sapp,Duane Thomas,Lawrence Taylor,Dexter Manley,Ray Lewis,T.O.,Ricky Watters,Nate Netwon,Doug Williams,James Lofton,Kellen Winslow( And Jr. - apple doesn't far far from the tree ),Ken Norton,Jr.,Shannon Sharpe(ton),....again ,need I say more?
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

Freedom

Mentor
Some black athletes haven't done much wrong. A lot of black players have just cared about playing their game and really don't do anything outrageous. The media and viewers contribute to this behavior as much as anybody. Jackie Robinson certainly didn't do anything worse than Ty Cobb did, sportsmanship wise.
If the media stops talking about race, then teams can start hiring people based on character and how to win. Then, you'd certainly not have many problems that you suggest.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Hey Freedom, the Georgia Peach was the greatest player to every step onto the diamond (bar none)! He's a true legend & icon down this way.

"Cobb held close to 100 records when he retired after the 1928 season and was one of the first five players elected to the Hall of Fame, receiving more votes than anyone (yep, even more than fellow inductee Babe Ruth)."

jcolec02

Mentor
hate to disagree but I think that Ruth and Ted Williams were the best players of all time

GWTJ

Mentor
Cobb was the best, in my opinion. And as a Cobb fan, it gets very tiresome because people keep pulling his name from the hat when looking to describe someone who has lousy character. The guy was a rookie 100 years ago, get someone else already.

Also, almost all of the legendary Cobb stories aren't even true. As Cobb said in his autobiography, "The chinese say that exageration is drawing legs on a snake. With me, they drew fangs, and horns."

I give Ruth a ton of respect for dominating both as a pitcher and a hitter. But Cobb was light years ahead of his competition. Managers and players today still look at how he approached the game and get ideas from the way he did things.

For example, when Rickey Henderson was in the minor leagues, it was clear he was going to be a major leaguer and steal a ton of bases. So the coaches sat him down and had him watch every top base stealer from the past. He watched Cobb, Jackie Robinson, Maury Wills, Lou Brock and others. Rickey's comment afterwards was, "I watched them all, and the only guy to impress me was Cobb. He slid in hard all the time, that man did it right."

Fast forward to 1989 and a book written by George Will called 'Men at Work'. In it Tony Larussa is talking about his teams style of play. He talks about Rickey on first and the batter hits what looks like a routine double play ball but the fielder takes just a second too long holding it and Rickey knocks the guy covering 2nd base into left field with a hard slide. Said Larussa,"That's our style."

Hard clean play was Cobb's signature when he played. Despite the tall tales.

Freedom

Mentor
Tris Speaker or Honus Wagner, in the same era, I think would have been more valuable because of their excellent fielding abilities. Cobb was an average out fielder.

I didn't mean to criticize Cobb as a player; he was very good. However, he did drink a lot and run into the stands and beat up a heckler. Did Robinson ever fight a fan? Cobb was also very much concerned with the business of sports and focused a lot on money, according to one the DiMaggios. He negotiated his protege's, Joe DiMaggio's, contract initially, through letters in Joe's name. The Yankees immediately knew that Cobb wrote the letters and responded something to the effect of, "5,000 for one year is the final offer. Please tell Ty Cobb to stop writing those letters for you."

So he probably would have backed Curt Flood because it would have meant more money.

Cobb wasn't as bad as Artest because he got the right guy by all accounts.

Weltner

Guru
Freedom said:
Tris Speaker or Honus Wagner, in the same era, I think would have been more valuable because of their excellent fielding abilities. Cobb was an average out fielder.

I didn't mean to criticize Cobb as a player; he was very good. However, he did drink a lot and run into the stands and beat up a heckler. Did Robinson ever fight a fan?

You think he didn't want to do that?No,HE didn't,but a few blacks that have come after him have - Jim Rice,Dave Parker(No surprise),Albert Bell throwing a ball at a fan,and several others.Which proves my point.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yahoo is comparing Dungy to Jackie Robinson.

Very similar situations.
smiley5.gif

Robinson was the first black player in a game where he was not wanted and was he forced upon the white population.

Dungy is one of many black coaches that has received almost total public acceptance and uncritical acclaim to the absolute joy of most white fans.

It's not that the media is retarded that angers me, it's that they think the public is.
smiley7.gif

Weltner

Guru
foreverfree said:
Weltner, you forgot Cookie Gilchrist.

http://castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=662&KW=coo kie+gilchrist

When did Parker and Rice go after fans?

John

I was wrong about Parker doing that,but he was still one of the most obnoxious,black a-holes in the history of the game - always whining/claiming racism against him or blacks,not to mention his behavior and attitude,on and off the field,cocaine or no cocaine.So he still more than deserves to be mentioned.

I do,sort of,regret adding Jim Rice.He did once go into the stands to get his hat after some had stolen it,but I don't see that as rotten as other such incidents involving other players,though I've often read he wasn't very likeable.

foreverfree

Mentor
Parker was so into self promotion that, like David "Deacon" Jones of football, he wore a Star of David necklace. And so that no one missed the pun, Parker was quoted one time in SI thus: "I'm David and I'm a star!"

In 1979 my HS class was on our senior trip to Niagara Falls, during MLB's opening week. In the newsstand at our hotel was the SI baseball preview issue. On the cover were none other than Messrs. Rice and Parker, back to back. Rice was looking over his shoulder at Parker, who was putting up his index finger and grinning. I didn't buy that SI (not that I was planning to under any circumstances).

John