DOGS

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I have a black lab mix, she's an "inside the house" dog, so barking is strongly discouraged, but she still will bark at anything that she sees in the yard, and if she's outside, she yap nonstop at everything.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Currently: Two black labs, 9yrs, brother and sister

Previously: A Lab/Dachshund mix

Childhood: Pointer

RW, I grew up with English Pointers. My Dad used to breed them, as we were bird hunters. They're good natured dogs, and did well with us when we were lil' tykes.
smiley1.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Bear Backer

Mentor
DWFan said:
Bear Backer,
You must be a way better dog handler than me. I couldn't ever stop my half-border from chewing up everything he saw--including chewing through a couple of walls. I sure loved him, though.
I've had dogs all my life and my mutt (very stupid dog) is the one I've loved the most of all. It is probably, as I said above, that you are far better at training/handling dogs than I am.

Chewing through Walls? HA HA that's great! I would have probably killed the little SOB for that LOL. Probably not a better handler, I just keep em on a short leash. They both did some stuff that made me pretty mad, but I just refused to let them have the run of the house. Kept closets closed so they couldn't get shoes and wouldn't let them out of the their rooms if no one was home, that sort of thing. Nicky was the most destructive one, he was a little devil when he wanted to be. He was so quick that he stole my grandfathers false teeth out of his shirt pocket once and ran under the bed and chewed them up. He also sneaked and pooped right on my pillow once after I scolded him for getting on my bed. Everybody thought that was just hilarious except for me.

Bear Backer

Mentor
I have always like the demeanor of labs too. My grandparents always had labs. Some of their dogs were almost like brothers to me growing up. I have always wanted to have one of my own, but I have always been apprehensive because they are so big for an inside dog, also it always seemed like by grandparents labs always had a really strong funky odor to them despite bathing. Is that something that is usual for labs to have a smell like that?