DISCUSSION BOARD PROBLEMS

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having advertising added to the board, but something went haywire yesterday when the code was added by a programmer. The ads aren't showing up, but there are several glitches with the board that started yesterday afternoon. One of them is posters get a "data error" message when they submit a post, although the posts are showing up. The "new posts" function isn't working, forums aren't updating, along with other problems. I can't get technical support over the weekend, so hang in there and hopefully it'll be righted on Monday.

I also can't add any articles to the homepage until the problems are resolved. We have a new J. B. Cash article in the hopper, plus a couple of posts from the board I was going to turn into small articles in the right hand column. The homepage will be more active this coming week. Thanks for your patience.

Rebajlo

Mentor
The final post I made last night (in the Happy Hour thread entitled "The Iceman Movie") completely failed to show up, despite the "Last Post" section stating that I was the latest poster in Happy Hour...

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
There is something Extra wrong with the indoor track thread.
It shows that I've posted, and others since me, but when I go to the thread, none of those posts are there......

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Board's a mess

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Same problems here. We can read new posts or read what we have posted ourselves. Let me know if there is anything I can do from my end Don. Probably not but I am here if you need me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a lot of progress was made today in getting things back to normal. Keep pointing out glitches that you encounter. The "new posts" function has disappeared but I'm sure it will reappear in due time.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Posting seems to be working as it should. Without the new posts function, the board is definitely not user-friendly, as you have to go to the main forum page and scroll down looking at all of the topics for new posts.

Advertising is certainly interesting. According to my page, some skanky-looking blonde babe want to meet me, just down the street. :icon_rolleyes:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you click just below "Home," on the black line or just below it, the new posts will show up. When room was made for the ads at the top it must have pushed up new posts and the other functions parallel to it. It should be fixed soon.

uber

Administrator
Staff member
Everything should be fixed now, the navbar problems were because of the vBulletin upgrade, I've taken care of them (there were some style changes between versions). I've made some changes to thread/forum read marking so New Posts should work a lot better than before from now on, also enabled friendly url's.

If there are other problems please post them in this thread, I'll check it later and fix them if there is something that I've missed.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Currently each post has a scroll bar for left-right and up-down, in my browser it compresses the post so that only a small portion of the post box can be read. If the post is one line I can't scroll to see it at all.

uber

Administrator
Staff member
Currently each post has a scroll bar for left-right and up-down, in my browser it compresses the post so that only a small portion of the post box can be read. If the post is one line I can't scroll to see it at all.

I can't replicate this on neither Internet Explorer 9, Chrome 17 or Firefox 10. Try to to a hard refresh (F5) and see if it works, if not I believe it's something related to your computer.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I had problems trying to post yesterday, but everything is working fine now. I think the ads are a good idea, by the way.