Diego Sanchez comments about race

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Diego Sanchez: "I think about my race every time I step in the ring...other fighters should, too."

Well, there it is, the elephant in the living room nobody wants to talk about.

If you have time, take a look at the responses to Diego's comment in this thread on Sherdog

One thing that you will notice is that the posters who claim to be a minority - Hispanic, Asian, etc - say there is nothing wrong with being proud of your race. It is the one's who describe themselves as white who demur and say that they root for a fighter based on his character, reputation, skills, and that race should not matter. A few posters pointed out that it is okay to be proud of your race unless you're white, in which case you are labeled a racist, but they are quickly and sarcastically rebutted.

Some commented that it is okay to root for your race in a sport in which they are the minority, e.g. whites in the NBA for instance, but wrong to root for your race in a sport they dominate, e.g. whites in MMA.

And some Hispanic posters even said that it is okay to root for your race if you are a member of an oppressed minority, like Latinos in the USA.

Its an entertaining yet discouraging read, albeit very eye-opening.

Honestly, I can't blame him. He has a right to be proud, but guess what? SO DO WE. What bothers me the most is that there are still millions of White people in this country that feel racial pride is wrong. And these are the same people that have had their minds poisoned by the media and it's force-feeding of Whitey-hating, minority, athletes and entertainers shoved down their throats.

You would think that at some point, these racially castrated zombies would come to their senses and say, "Hey, if the minorities can be proud, then so can I." But unfortunately, that hasn't happened. And what bothers me even more so, is the fact that there are White men out there raising families, and telling their daughters that interracial dating is accepted.

Don't people read up on statistics? Felonies, drug-use, violence, AIDS, murder, etc. Anyone with a brain knows that these characteristcs are twenty-fold in the black community, so why sacrifice your family to them? I don't even want to think about my fathers reaction to me coming home one day, and saying, "Hi dad, this is Shaquisha, we be engaged."

Anyway, once again I've let my temper get the best of me, and I've veered of topic. Back to racial pride. Let me use 'prison' as an example to stress this quality. Everything in prison is based around race, and the authorities know this because riots will ensue if things go wrong.

When a man enters prison, the first thing inmates see is his race. If he's black, the blacks will approach him. If he's White, the Whites will approach him, etc. This is what these men see: A man who looks like them. It's the purest form of identity known to human kind. In a nutshell, thats all you have in that environment as well as in life in general. Thats why it is totally acceptable and encouraged for White people to cheer for athletes because they are of the same race. Its only normal.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
One thing that you will notice is that the posters who claim to be a minority - Hispanic, Asian, etc - say there is nothing wrong with being proud of your race. It is the one's who describe themselves as white who demur and say that they root for a fighter based on his character, reputation, skills, and that race should not matter.

Oh so true Shogun!I'd like to smack em upside the head with a stick(lightly)tostartle them out of the hypnotictrance, before it's too late for all of us.