De La Hoya vs Pacquiao

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
This was sort of a no-lose match for either man.

If Oscar lost (and he did) he can always point to the fact that he's old as far as fighters go.

If Pac lost he could say he was fighting way outside his normal weight.

It was a good match. I got an automatic recorded call from timewarner cable (my provider) advertising the bout.

Oscar basically sounds like some white nerd from Northern California while Pacquiao sounds like someone who cuts grass for a living.

It's nice to see the Philippines have a better export than bananas and STDs.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Pacman is in the driver's seat. If I am him, I tell Mayweather your next at 140 lbs. No catch weight bs, after I am done with Hatton.

The Hatton vs Pacman fight will be huge. I give Hatton a chance against Pacman especially with Mayweather Sr in his corner. Unlike DLH, Ricky can still pull the trigger. I can't wait for this fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
One negativer aspect of the fight is that now Pacqauio will be a unanimous selction for Fighter of The Year (and he deserves it).

If Pac had lost, Joe Calzaghe would have been Fighter of the Year and the consensus "pound-for-pound" champ in boxing.

The silver lining is that Hatton is now in line for a shot at Pac. Ricky does have a chance though I'd make Pac the slight favorite.

I often root for white athletes, but I'll make an exception:

Even though Joe beat 2 legends in Hopkins and Jones, The Pacman was way more impressive in his victories over David Diaz and the Golden Boy.

Talk about David vs. Goliaths. Manny did it all in one go and came away with way more impressive results: TKO and TKO!!!
smiley32.gif

Calzaghe just pulled off a split and unanimous decisions, good, but not as great as the Pacman's victories. Manny's fights generated a lot more BUZZ than Joe's fights.

So Manny, you are the 2009 FIGHTER of the YEAR!!!!!!
smiley32.gif

Best POUND for POUND, baby!!!!
smiley32.gif

Sean

Mentor
indianwhite said:
I often root for white athletes, but I'll make an exception:Even though Joe beat 2 legends in Hopkins and Jones, The Pacman was way more impressive in his victories over David Diaz and the Golden Boy.Talk about David vs. Goliaths. Manny did it all in one go and came away with way more impressive results: TKO  and TKO!!!
smiley32.gif
Calzaghe just pulled off a split and unanimous decisions, good, but not as great as the Pacman's victories.  Manny's fights generated a lot more BUZZ than Joe's fights.So Manny, you are the 2009 FIGHTER of the YEAR!!!!!!
smiley32.gif
Best POUND for POUND, baby!!!!
smiley32.gif

Not to take anything away from Pac, but Joe should still be fighter of the year.

True Pac, had three good wins in 2008, Marquez (it's still up in the air as to which one of them is beter), Diaz (never really had a chance) and Oscar.

Manny beat Marquez by split decision. Joe beat B-Hop by Split decision due to poor judging. Joe dominated the fight from round 2 on. Pac beat Oscar, who was clearly past his best, Joe beat RJJ who is clearly past his best. I know Joe fought Kessler is 2007, but it was right near the end of the year.

Pac is very good. Joe is better.