David Duke

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Probably because there is a Miss Black America Contestand that is not allowed with white women. It's kind of like how there are black only colleges, Black Entertainment TV, Scholarships for blacks only, etc. There have been several Miss America Winners that were black. So why do they need to have their own contest as well? It's a double standard. If you allow one group of people to do something, you should allow everyone to do the same thing. Edited by: white lightning

Deus Vult

Mentor
GridironGrits said:
Why is it that David Duke cant stand the fact that Ms. America 2009 was black?

Maybe because it's called "Miss America." The contestants should be Americans, not Africans. No?

The Hock

Master
Boy that's a heck of a question. I guess only he could tell you, so you might want to ask him directly if you can.

But while we're on the subject of ethnic beauty queens, does anybody know how many Jewish Miss Americas there have been?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bess Myerson was the first one (1945). She went on to become a game show regular. According to Wikipedia: "She faced prejudice even after winning the Miss America title, with many sponsors and events long associated with the pageant refusing to deal with her. She later campaigned for civil rights, in particular, working with the Anti-Defamation League."

I find the "prejudice" accusation less than credible. I don't know if there have other Jewish Miss Americas since Myerson.