Dale Hawerchuck

C Darwin

Mentor
I always thought this guy was a class act. Great skill, speed,
strength, and his ability to move and create opportunity around the
net were matched by few. I found an interesting quote in the article
from Dale, and thought it might resonate with the members of CF.

Hawerchuck said:
"I've always felt that hockey players were a
different breed of athlete," Hawerchuk said. "Hockey players always
seem confident in their abilities. And for the most part, hockey
players are humble. They just go out and do their job and try to
avoid all the fanfare that goes along with it. That's what I tried to do
throughout my entire hockey career."

LinkEdited by: C Darwin

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Hockey player are the most down to Earth athletes. You can tell during their interviews. Ovechkin show boats but nothing like NFL players.

Bear-Arms said:
Hockey player are the most down to Earth athletes. You can tell during their interviews. Ovechkin show boats but nothing like NFL players.

Yeah, even when he does it sometimes, its still nowhere near the level of idiocy that NFL or NBA players take it to. And the other difference is, that Alexander Ovechkin is probably one of the most talented athletes on the planet. Anyone who has seen what he can do on the ice knows what I'm talking about. When it comes to sheer athleticism and skill, those clowns in the NBA and the NFL couldn't hold his jock.

Hockey players are the perfect mixture of speed, strength, balance, agility, athleticism, class and intelligence. We are the perfect athlete. But, most pro football and basketball players can barely construct a decent sentence during a T.V. interview. lol. Pathetic.Edited by: Ground Fighter

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Ovechkin wears tinted visors and yellow laces. What next dorags? The kid needs to worry about the game and not about what he is wearing. His amazing play on the ice makes him standout enough.

Bear-Arms said:
Ovechkin wears tinted visors and yellow laces. What next dorags? The kid needs to worry about the game and not about what he is wearing. His amazing play on the ice makes him standout enough.

I would hardly call wearing a tinted visor and yellow laces a "problem". When I play, I tuck one side of my jersey halfway into my pants (like Jagr), and I pull one jersey-sleeve up over my elbow pad. I also use skate laces over my socks, instead of tape, to hold my shinguards on. I don't think I'm being out of line at all, as its just my style. I also stickhandle with the toe of the blade (blade upside down) in warmups.

When hockey players start wearing "Wu Tang Clan" apparel and large gold chains...the we have a problem.
smiley36.gif

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Ground Fighter said:
Bear-Arms said:

Yeah, even when he does it sometimes, its still nowhere near the level of idiocy that NFL or NBA players take it to. And the other difference is, that Alexander Ovechkin is probably one of the most talented athletes on the planet. Anyone who has seen what he can do on the ice knows what I'm talking about. When it comes to sheer athleticism and skill, those clowns in the NBA and the NFL couldn't hold his jock.

Hockey players are the perfect mixture of speed, strength, balance, agility, athleticism, class and intelligence. We are the perfect athlete. But, most pro football and basketball players can barely construct a decent sentence during a T.V. interview. lol. Pathetic.

That is why I play hockey and why I detest NBA basketball and am getting really close to turning off the NFL for good. It makes me wonder how these people made it through college.... oh wait!

C Darwin

Mentor
Bear-Arms said:

I think Dino Ciccarelli was the first to wear yellow-waxed skate laces. Dino took some monumental beatings in front of the net during his career. I think everybody should do a shot for Dino tonight!

t_2713.jpg

C Darwin said:
I think Dino Ciccarelli was the first to wear yellow-waxed skate laces. Dino took some monumental beatings in front of the net during his career. I think everybody should do a shot for Dino tonight!

I always hated waxed laces. Just didn't feel right. The fat un-waxed cloth laces that used to come with the Bauer Comp skates ('95 model) were the best. But yeah, I always liked Dino Ciccarelli. Gritty player, reminded me of Mike Peca and Mike York.