Couture/Crocop

guest301

Hall of Famer
Randy always has a chance. He's made a fool out of alot of people who said he didn't have a chance or was too old. That being said, I would favor Mirko.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Big Timmy is no Mirko, but that's why they fight.
smiley4.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Randy has a good chance, as Mirko's ground game is suspect (for that level). However, I'll go on record saying Randy would (currently) have NO chance against Fedor...but I'm sure we'll never see that matchup.

dkr77

Guru
Mirko's best weapon, the left high kick, put's him in a vulnerable position to be taken down by Couture. If Couture get's Mirko down he could potentially end the fight with some ground and pound.

On the other hand, Mirko could just try and chop Couture's leg's out from under him with thai kick's and in the process set up Couture for a fight ending (highlight reel) kick to the head. This one's a coin toss.Edited by: dkr77

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I see the fight developing the way dkr77 laid it out in his second paragraph. Big Tim's conservative style cost him the fight AGAIN. He didn't throw any kicks and only attempted one or two knees from the clinch, and even those got him taken down. Tim did nothing but throw a jabs and crosses all night. He rarely threw uppercuts when Randy came in, he didn't throw punches and follow it up with a kick. Randy would throw punches and back out of Tim's punching range but he was still within range of his long legs!

Mirko isn't as tall as Tim, which I think will actually work to his advantage in stuffing Randy's takedowns. I believe CroCop is stronger than Tim and won't be as easily manhandled in the clinch as Sylvia was. Mirko will throw leg kicks, set up high kicks, and, I believe, eventually KO the Natural.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WS, Pedro Rizzo used some vicious leg kicks quite effectively against Randy years ago. I think Mirko's takedown defense will need to be top-notched & well honed, because I expect Randy to avoid stand-up more than he did with Timmy. Crocop's a better striker than Silvia and Randy used his "ace" of going straight to stand-up to suprise Timmy. I think Randy has a very good chance IF he can be effective in the clinch (dirty boxing, etc.) and successfully take Mirko down a few times. I gotta pull for the American in this one....go Randy!
smiley1.gif