Cornerback

Are there any good Caucasian CBs? What about Rob Lee? He's in Buffalo now. What about Turnbull and Soelberg? They might get drafted? Zamaitis? Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool info hollywoodnorth1. Maybe we will have another Sehorn playing soon, maybe 2 or 3.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Despite his Euro-sounding name, no one will be mistaking Zemaitis and Sehorn as cousins:

Zemaitis_Allen.jpg

As for Lee,if he actually plays in the NFL I'll be happy for him but very, very surprised. It would probably take the same sort of chain of injuries that Green Bay had in '98 that resulted in Travis Jervey starting a few games at tailback, for Lee to see the field even as a backup.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
well, you might see a lot more half/half players with the amount of miscegenation these days.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point, Bear Arms. I hate to see this trend as well.
smiley11.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I was kinda wondering why Wood was sharing this information with us anyway. Are we supposed to root for someone because they have a white, ethnic last name (Zemaitis)? Or because they're half white? Most of the half-black players will never be thought of as less than black anyway.

If we're going to root for a guy based on his last name, I'll start with McNabb. Can't be anything but a true emerald Irishman with that last name!
smiley36.gif

Unless Wood was warning us that, despite the surname and label, they aren't actually white?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Good point, Bear Arms. I hate to see this trend as well.
smiley11.gif

well look at it the other way, if everyone is mixed, half/half player than we have no problem no more ;)

Spooge

Guru
The One World proponents would have the white race watered down so to
speak. Blending second and third world ethnicities with caucasian
stock and arguably breeding out positive,definitive
caractoristics. What ever happened to celebrating diversity
rather than fomenting racial synergy?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Despite his Euro-sounding name, no one will be mistaking Zemaitis and Sehorn as cousins

yeah, i laughed so hard when i watched new The Longest Yard and Bob Sapp's (undeniably black) name was actually Polish...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point spooge. I'd hate to think of a time when we truly are a melting pot, everyone looking the same, and probably thinking the same too. Can we say robots?

G

Asking as a Packer fan I want to know if anyone knows about their latest waiver wire aquisition Jeremy Thornburg DB? My guess is that he is already penciled in as "safety" material but you never know.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just googled Thornburg and see that he's asafety whohas already been released this season by both the Eagles and 49ers.
smiley6.gif
Looks like a sacrificial lamb for the Packers "real" players to bang around in practice. Mike Sherman playing a white safety? Ha, ha, ha.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553196

G

Thanks, all I could find was that he was a DB no specifics. The Pack has not had a white DB since Mark Prior played for them in the superbowl year and since then the caste system has cemented itself in place.

I recently went to draftdaddy.com and it's supposed to be some draft/prospect website. Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

backrow

Hall of Famer
never heard of Turnbull... is he any good? i know he's got great size for a corner, 6'3", 215

EDIT: i think he had 6 interceptions and 2 TDs this season
Edited by: backrow

I saw the Ponsettia bowl last night: Kyle Bell of Colorado State vs. Ballard of Navy. Bell had 122 yards and Ballard 129. Ballard is a senior and I bet he will get little NFL attention despite his abilities. Bell, a sophmore, has a good chance to make it because if his sophomore year is a 1200 yard (12th in NCAA football) campaign, I imagine his junior and senior years will be even better. He is getting some publicity and attention and like I said he is ranked 12th in rushing. Also, I was wondering if CFL star Josh Ranek has gotten any attention in the states. He has 1200 yds last year, he's now a free-agent, and normally the top CFLers get NFL try-outs (Doug FLutie to Bills, Jeff Garcia to 49ers, Ricky Ray to Jets, Dave Dickenson to Chargers, ) so I was wondering if you heard any rumours of him getting a NFL tryout? What about Jesse Lumsden? They are both tearing up the NFL, especially Lumsden. I heard Printers (QB) is in KC.Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

foreverfree

Mentor
Bear-Arms said:
well, you might see a lot more half/half players with the amount of miscegenation these days.

Like Rod Woodson (who I believe is retired) for example.

JohnEdited by: foreverfree

backrow

Hall of Famer
hollywoodnorth1 said:
I saw the Ponsettia bowl last night- first time in my life I see two white RBs matched up : Kyle Bell of Colorado State and Ballard of Navy. Bell had 122 yards and Ballard 129. Ballard is a senior and I bet he will get little NFL attention despite his abilities (just how Kyle Eckel has disappeared from the NFL). Bell, a sophmore, has a good chance to make it because if his sophomore year is a 12,000 yard (12th in NCAA football) campaign, I imagine his junior and senior years will be even better.

sorry to jump on you but there are some info in your post that is not exact...

1) rushing yards vary on different websites, they range from both of them getting 126 in game to Ballard 129 and Bell 122...

2) Ballard and Bell are BOTH sophomores

3) Eckel is on military reserve list for Miami Dolphins and the team is looking forward towards his return from what i gathered...

4) Bell's great season unfortunately doesn't match your mentioned 12 thousand yards... more like 12 hundred
smiley2.gif
(i am sure it was a typo)

5) Ballard is even bigger and faster than Eckel so he should definitely get some attantion from NFL - he is bigger than Mike Alstott was at this point of his career -at 6'1 and 241 lbs- and although he wasn't a featured runner this year he still went for over 120 yards in three last games with his season best vs rival Army- 192 yards with two TDs! he has 668 yards with 6 TDs and his ypc is great 6.1... and he is a fullback, used to be a backup to Hall...Edited by: backrow