Conner Floyd

Riddlewire

Master
Foxsports just showed the recap of the 7on7 state championship in which Conner's Lake Travis team (all white) beat an all black Desoto team (this took place a week ago, apparently). Conner, who ended up with 4TD, had separation on every catch except a jump ball in the endzone, where he out-leaped his defender. Since recruiting services (especially Rivals) claim to base so much of their evaluations on these focused passing drills that masquerade as a sport, I would guess that the most dominant receiver in the most talent-laden state would jump to the top of their rankings. Right?
Yeah, I won't hold my breath on that one.

On a related note, this was actually the first time I've ever watched any 7on7 games. I've seen singular highlights before, but really just one throw or catch from players, mostly as 'stock footage' while the sports report talks about specific recruits. After watching essentially an entire game, my opinion is that this whole "sport" is a fraud. I've seen (and played in) intramural flag football games that were just as competitive, with similar plays being made. The explosion of this scam might explain some of the racist recruit ranking that the recruiting services engage in, as they send their DWF evaluators to drool over the loose-hipped affletes in their shorts and tank tops. That's why we end up with such brilliant scouting reports as "He just looks like a football player." It's pretty clear to me that the recruiting services themselves are all fake. They are nothing more than window dressing for their real purpose: To allow their staffs of interracially homo-curious nerd journalists to slobber over teenage negro boys. The only thing that the football players get out of it is some Summer excercise (and not very much of that).