Confederate flag

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Michael, thank you for this post. I had no idea Lynyrd Skynyrd was contemplating not using The Confederate Flag as their backdrop. Lynyrd Skynyrd, are one of my top 1, 2, or 3 favorite rock bands of all time. AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Def Leppard in no particular order. I'm glad they with the help of their fans decided to keep Confederate Flag flying at their concerts.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yes, I saw this story over the weekend, and was actually appalled that Lynyrd Skynyrd had caved it to PCism and stopped flying the flag, until fans protested. As has been documented here many times over, the Confederate flag is not a "racial" thing, it's a state's rights thing. But it also embodies white pride, in a sense, which must be stamped out by the Cult Marx overlords. That's the reason for the big change in attitudes over the last 4 decades in regards to the flag. One needs to look no further than Colonel Reb, the Flag, and Old Dixie at the University of Mississippi to see the wholesale destruction of a once proud tradition.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hardly any of the original members still in the band, they are just a bunch of old farts doing a cover band of Lynyrd Skynyrd, they will blow which ever way the wind does as long as it means they can keep collecting checks for a few hours work a week. It's not like Ronnie Van Zandt is still cranking out tunes for them. I bet Ted "Motor City Madman" Nugent wouldn't have caved like that!!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Skynyrd ain't the only band that embraces the stars n' bars...

rebel-son_N8skrSAvCg8.jpg

Attachments

• b51294.jpg
    b51294.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2
  • l_bocephus-hank-williams-jr-rebel-flag-44b9.jpg
    l_bocephus-hank-williams-jr-rebel-flag-44b9.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1