College Hoops News; Transfers

Phall

Master
CJ Fredrick got out of the pot and into the kettle, leaving Kentucky for Cincinnati. not the kind of place i’d encourage him to go, but such is life. last season was dreadful for the former Iowa standout, and perhaps he regains some of his previous success with his third team.

Fredrick won his high school state championship at Rupp Arena, so I can understand why he wanted to return "home" to be a Wildcat. He also got engaged last year to his high school sweetheart, Blair Green, who did not face (as much) racial discrimination while being recruited as a basketball player to Kentucky. Blair is done with college ball, so all I can imagine is that CJ's opportunity at Cincinnati represents a new start for both of them. Otherwise, you're right: Cincinnati is basically an HBCU, especially for basketball.

220916Fredrick_Green87_CWA-900x600.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Fredrick won his high school state championship at Rupp Arena, so I can understand why he wanted to return "home" to be a Wildcat. He also got engaged last year to his high school sweetheart, Blair Green, who did not face (as much) racial discrimination while being recruited as a basketball player to Kentucky. Blair is done with college ball, so all I can imagine is that CJ's opportunity at Cincinnati represents a new start for both of them. Otherwise, you're right: Cincinnati is basically an HBCU, especially for basketball.

220916Fredrick_Green87_CWA-900x600.jpg

I think he made the right choice if it was for love. Hopefully they have a big family someday. I think woman can make or break a man if you don't choose wisely however I think falling in love young is they way to go. The ways of the past are better along with the morals & values.

Hope if works out at Cincinnati. Would have prefered the AZ Wildcats to the Bearcats but it's for the love of his life so good choice.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
I think he made the right choice if it was for love. Hopefully they have a big family someday. I think woman can make or break a man if you don't choose wisely however I think falling in love young is they way to go. The ways of the past are better along with the morals & values.

Hope if works out at Cincinnati. Would have prefered the AZ Wildcats to the Bearcats but it's for the love of his life so good choice.
speaking of Arizona, it’ll be interesting to see what happens with them in the coming year. they’ve brought in some players that i would NEVER want on my team ...

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Alex Toohey has de-committed from Gonzaga and decided to play pro ball in his native Australia. the sweet shooting, versatile forward with some guard-level passing skills has taken some guaranteed cash ($100k with potentially more) instead of being punished by the college game’s rules on international players regarding NIL money (ie., they can’t get any). he’s a player with a legit chance to play in the NBA in future, so i’m especially sad to not be able to watch him play.

as you may be aware, he’s not the only Aussie to make this jump this off-season, as talented point guard (and Chitwood University team member) Taran Armstrong has also baled from the NCAA’s double standards.

and speaking of talented guards, Kerr Kriisa (who white lightning loves, but i’m not that high on) has opted out of playing for West Virginia. once Huggins got fired for driving drunk yet again, Kriisa decided to play elsewhere. news hasn’t come as to where that may be, however.

Paul Mulcahy, the 6-foot-7 (or thereabouts) point guard with stellar passing and defensive skills, still hasn’t landed on a new roster after deciding to leave Rutgers.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Alex Toohey has de-committed from Gonzaga and decided to play pro ball in his native Australia. the sweet shooting, versatile forward with some guard-level passing skills has taken some guaranteed cash ($100k with potentially more) instead of being punished by the college game’s rules on international players regarding NIL money (ie., they can’t get any). he’s a player with a legit chance to play in the NBA in future, so i’m especially sad to not be able to watch him play.

as you may be aware, he’s not the only Aussie to make this jump this off-season, as talented point guard (and Chitwood University team member) Taran Armstrong has also baled from the NCAA’s double standards.

and speaking of talented guards, Kerr Kriisa (who white lightning loves, but i’m not that high on) has opted out of playing for West Virginia. once Huggins got fired for driving drunk yet again, Kriisa decided to play elsewhere. news hasn’t come as to where that may be, however.

Paul Mulcahy, the 6-foot-7 (or thereabouts) point guard with stellar passing and defensive skills, still hasn’t landed on a new roster after deciding to leave Rutgers.

This rule might stop so many great European and Australian Players from playing in the NCAA in rhe future. It needs to be changed
but maybe this is what they want! Make the game even darker than it already it. Nothing suprises me anymore these days!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
This rule might stop so many great European and Australian Players from playing in the NCAA in rhe future. It needs to be changed
but maybe this is what they want! Make the game even darker than it already it. Nothing suprises me anymore these days!
They probably are doing it because it allows them to appear to be favoring Americans. Of course the favor “Basketball Americans” most.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Mulcahy to Washington! Gives us a West Coast guy to keep an eye on.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
not sure where to put this, so i’ll just drop it here.

Gonzaga finally adds a White guard; it’s been a while. Croatian combo guard Luka Krajnovic earned second team honors playing in Croatia’s top league last season. i've not seen him play, but obviously i hope he’s a good one.

with transfer Steele Venters and true fresh Dusty Stromer looking to play on the wing or in the backcourt, it may finally be fun for me to watch the Zags again.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I wasn’t exaggerating when I said Kenny Payne is one of the worst coaches in Louisville Basketball History. He’s in the bottom 3 with a coach named Apitz, who had back to back 1 win seasons. He was so bad Louisville replaced him with their baseball coach! Who won 2 games and then 7 the following season! Elite company for the schools first black coach!

Now after a summer of being in Louisville, one of his top recruits bounced to Australia. Can’t blame him lol.