Clemens beats purjury rap

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Roger Clemens beats his perjury rap but will still get no break from the media on the steroids issue. I think he probably juiced at some point in his career but was most likely clean for a large part of it. His situation is similar to Bonds, looked for the fountain of youth when other juicers were becoming stars and tried to get even. Bonds however will get a racial pass on his transgressions and be voted into the Hall. Clemens won't. He will join guys like Rose and McGwire, stuck outside of the Hall while obscure negro leaguers get ushered in every year.

We should start our own CF Hall-of-Fame to enshrine those White warriors cheated by the cultural marxists who run our decrepit society.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Man, that Pete Rose was something else. It's a travesty that ol' Charlie Hustle isn't in Cooperstown. I think Big Mac & Roger earned their way in too. I'm no advocate of PEDs or gambling, but (as Jax said) juicemonster Bonds will be enshrined.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There has always been almost no evidence that Clemens juiced, only the claim of one former friend who he had a falling out with. That's a pathetically weak case, a persecution of Clemens by a government which mindlessly wasted millions of dollars on two trials after the first one ended in a mistrial.

Congratulations to Roger. He always worked his tail off and was the best pitcher of the past 75 years. The 2013 Hall of Fame voting will indeed be interesting with Clemens, Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Mike Piazza along with Craig Biggio and Curt Shilling, all eligible for the first time. I would vote for Clemens and Biggio. Piazza deserves to get in but not on his first try.

GWTJ

Mentor
Clemens has the same problem as most of the juicers. While technically there is no evidence that he juiced, he easily fails the eye test. By that I mean one only needs to look at his numbers to see the problem. Until steroids, every single star who played the game saw his talent and his numbers slowly fade until retirement. Nobody beat father time and nobody could play like a 25 year old when they were 40 years old.

Enter the steroid era and the patterns of the suspected juicers show a clear and impossible spike in performance very late in their careers. These guys surpassed not only their previous, youthful stats but set all-time records in the process. Sammy Sosa, who juiced in his prime, went from being a 35 HR a year guy to hitting 60 or more HR's 3 times in 4 years. Babe Ruth hit 60 HR's only once.

For a hitter, using PED's is like corking your bat, for a pitcher, it's like doctoring the baseball. It's cheating plain and simple and should not be rewarded with such a huge honor as induction into the HOF.

Every potential HOF inductee should have his career numbers closely scrutinized for anomalies and inconsistencies by every voter.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Clemens has the same problem as most of the juicers. While technically there is no evidence that he juiced, he easily fails the eye test. By that I mean one only needs to look at his numbers to see the problem. Until steroids, every single star who played the game saw his talent and his numbers slowly fade until retirement. Nobody beat father time and nobody could play like a 25 year old when they were 40 years old.

Enter the steroid era and the patterns of the suspected juicers show a clear and impossible spike in performance very late in their careers. These guys surpassed not only their previous, youthful stats but set all-time records in the process. Sammy Sosa, who juiced in his prime, went from being a 35 HR a year guy to hitting 60 or more HR's 3 times in 4 years. Babe Ruth hit 60 HR's only once.

For a hitter, using PED's is like corking your bat, for a pitcher, it's like doctoring the baseball. It's cheating plain and simple and should not be rewarded with such a huge honor as induction into the HOF.

Every potential HOF inductee should have his career numbers closely scrutinized for anomalies and inconsistencies by every voter.

Clemens went through a dead arm period in Boston where Sox management viewed him as shot. They didn't want to sign him for big money and long term contract so they let him walk and sign with Toronto.

After he hit Toronto his arm revived and had seasons that rivalled what he did when he won his first Cy Young award.

I am 99 percent certain he juiced, but I am not against letting him in the hall as I find the hall voters way to sanctimonous about their abilities to let legends of the game into a glorified baseball museum. With the rampant use of steroids in the 90's through the early 2000's who's to say who was clean and who should be in the hall. Ps I do feel sorry for clean players who's stats seem ordinary compared to juicers ie the 400 to 450 home run guy.