Chicago,The Face Of America

LabMan

Mentor
The search for a new head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers has begun,with the "Rooney Rule" firmly in place,stating that a non-white candidate "must"be interviewed,the Steelers are meeting with Ron Rivera,defensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears.

News outlets brought us pictures of Rivera at work in the Bears coaches box no less than four times on Saturday,a day when more people would be watching because of NFL playoff coverage.

Surronding Rivera,were two other Bears employees,one Asian,and the other African.Not a White person was shown!This picture was worth a thousand words,as the Elite are telling us how America will look in the very near future.

Hockaday

Guru
You know, someday, maybe in the very near future, the "elite" won't be so elite.

Freedom

Mentor
How are the Polish American communities doing in Chicago? I went there and I saw sizable Greek and Eastern European communities.
The area around the University of Chicago was all black and looked dangerous, Washington Park. Some of the other primarily black communities were working class and fairly safe.

Freedom said:
The area around the University of Chicago was all black and looked dangerous, Washington Park.

Unfortunately, this is a common trend among universities that are located in major cities. The campuses are often times surrounded by bad neighborhoods. Three prime examples are Harvard in Boston, Yale in Connecticut, and Temple in Philly. Rutgers' Newark campus in NJ is also a nightmare.Edited by: Ground Fighter

Freedom

Mentor
I have heard that UPenn is in a bad neighborhood. Cambridge, MA is fairly white so I was surprised by Harvard in that category. A lot of NFL players don't come from the black cities and neighborhoods though. Quite a few are country kids I think.

Ground Fighter said:
Rutgers' Newark campus in NJ is also a nightmare.

I heard that tail gunner used to be a legit job on delivery trucks in Newark.
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
Freedom said:
The area around the University of Chicago was all black and looked dangerous, Washington Park.

Unfortunately, this is a common trend among universities that are located in major cities. The campuses are often times surrounded by bad neighborhoods. Three prime examples are Harvard in Boston, Yale in Connecticut, and Temple in Philly. Rutgers' Newark campus in NJ is also a nightmare.
Many are in old city neighborhoods that decayed because of urban flight. Penn is a horrid neighborhood. I think Harvard is in a rich suburb of Boston isn't Cambridge virtually all white and full of old leafy buildings that sell and rent for a mint?

Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
Ground Fighter said:
Rutgers' Newark campus in NJ is also a nightmare.

I heard that tail gunner used to be a legit job on delivery trucks in Newark.
smiley36.gif

I live one N.J.-Turnpike Exit away from Newark, and believe me, having a "delivery-truck-tailgunner" is not a bad idea. lol. I had a friend, who's father used to deliever soda to all the Newark public schools. He said that the most "unfriendly enviroment" of them all, was Malcolm X. Shabazz High School. He used to tell us some horror stories. Some incidents were so crazy, I won't even get into it, because most of you probably won't beleive most of it. Just imagine some of the worst things that you might see in a really, really, bad, black area. But its all true.

I also do a lot a work in Newark with my father, who does construction and some demolition as well. We are forced to go to Newark all the time when we drop off used materials, because that where all the dump-yards are. Westside and Central are some of the crappier districts. I've done work in areas so rough, there were no street signs, because local crack addicts steal them. They then take the metal to a scrap-iron yard and exchange it for money to buy drugs. As you might imagine, because of the drugs, gang-warfare is also rampant in these areas.

Some parts of the city are still in burnt out ruins from the riots in the 1970's. If you drive through the Springfield Avenue district, you see all burnt out buildings that were never knocked down or rebuilt. It looks like the Gaza Strip on a bad day. The mayor, who is black, should be ashamed of himself.

PitBull

Guru
The reason why areas around universities in big cities are surrounded by
blacks is that the areas near the campus have lots of student rental
housing--usually not well-maintained, full of late night parties, music,
goofy kids, etc. Most white people who are not students stay away. Then
the blacks move in, and the process accelerates, until the neighborhood is
surrounded by blacks who prey on the college students. Its all enccouraged
by the liberal atmosphere of most campuses, although the faculty usually
live well off campus.

Speaking as a life long Chicagoan, Chicago is getting so bad, that I have begun to call it West Detroit.

The present Daley, like his father, just loves those black people, and keeps giving them jobs at the expense of white people.

The Polish community in Chicago is increasing. These people are nice. Unlike other immigrants, they like being in America. They are under represented in Chicago, because the present mayor like his father hates them. They don't like being part of a corrupt government. Rostenkowski was an exception.

Jane Bryne was the last white mayor in Chicago. The city is slowly decaying. For the first time in my life, I am thinking of moving.

freedom1

Mentor
A friend of mine who has his own delivery business and has driven in every city in the US said Detroit and the areas mentioned above in New Jersey are worst places in the country.

The guy from Chicago's not exaggerating either. I remember taking a wrong turn in Chicago one time and getting lost. Man, I ended up in this neighborhood that was nothing but empty lots with burned out cars. There were a few burned out buildings left. The telephone poles and signs were knocked down or gone, giving the impression that even city workers won't go into this place. All I saw were black people sitting on cars negotiating what I assume were drug deals. I got myself and my rent a car turned around and got the hell out of there as fast as I could. It was like Lagos on Lake Michigan.

Oh, and don't forget Miami. I walked around one of the bad areas there one time real early on a Sunday morning while all the scum were still sleeping. Geez, there were people living under the freeway overpasses. I mean they had furniture under there and everything.

I'll tell you something blacks are the absolute best at, destroying a white infrastructure.

PitBull

Guru
screamingeagle,

I get up to Chicago quite a bit. I notice too that it is going downhill in a
big way. Daley is one of the worst race panderers I've seen. The huge
influx of illegal mexicans is ruining the city (and some of the surrounding
suburbs too, like Elgin and Cicero). There is quite a bit of immigration
from Poland and the other East European countries, i've noticed. But that
won't stem the corruption and ruin the blacks and hispanics are wreaking
on the city. Cook County is a absolute mess too. thtis must be why the
far west, south (to Joliet), and northwest suburbs are growing rapidly.

What do you think of the Bears chances against Seattle? I'm not so sure
about their D-line, secondary, and Grossman is wildly inconsistent. The
media is making a big deal of the team and, of course, the overrated and
felon-loving Lovie Smith (Tank Johnson and Ricky Manning). I'm kind of
conflicted about rooting for them.

foreverfree

Mentor
Freedom said:
I have heard that UPenn is in a bad neighborhood. Cambridge, MA is fairly white so I was surprised by Harvard in that category. A lot of NFL players don't come from the black cities and neighborhoods though. Quite a few are country kids I think.

I visited Harvard (and MIT, BC and BU) last spring when I was in Beantown. I felt safe on all those campuses and in the surrounding neighborhoods (and in Back Bay where I stayed). I liked BC's neighborhood best.

John

GWTJ

Mentor
Seton Hall University is also in a horrible area. Most people don't realize it until they go there. It is located in South Orange. The joke on campus is, when you leave the University, turn right, not left.

LabMan

Mentor
The University of Pittsburgh,and Carnegie Mellon University are located in an area called Oakland,three miles east of Pittsburgh.The area is being racially transformed,and students from these schools are robbed on the streets,at gunpoint,in broad daylight at an alarming rate.

In Ohio,Youngstown State students face pretty much the same situation.

Gary

Mentor
Isn't Diversity wonderful! Cities that used to be nice are nearly unliveable. I went to Russia 5 years ago and felt safer in Moscow then Newark,N.J where I flew out from.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
UPenn isn't in that bad of a neighborhood, a lot of the area surrounding it has been rejuvenated in recent years. Temple is in North Philadelphia and can be very rough, but they employ I think over a thousand security and most of the area around Temple is surrounded by Temple buildings such as the hospital, etc.

To pitbull:
How will the Bear's do? It depends on how many are arrested by game time. Wait, Lovie will forgive them. after all they are family!

The bears might win against Seatlle, but not against anyone else.

I noticed there is some flaw in the Bear's offense. I noticed that the defenses know when the Bears will pass and where. I do not know what they are doing wrong, but if it is not corrected, the Bears go home early this season.

GWTJ said:
Seton Hall University is also in a horrible area. Most people don't realize it until they go there. It is located in South Orange. The joke on campus is, when you leave the University, turn right, not left.

GWTJ, you and I are definitely on the same page. lol. Seton Hall is situated right on South Orange Ave. in South Orange, NJ which is actually a nice town. However, the school is literally five blocks away from the city limits of Newark, which is when it literally turns into a hellhole. Once you hit Newark, its like night and day. The streets look like crap, loose-dogs are roaming around, and there are homeboys on every corner. That section of Newark is the Vailsburg / Ivy Hill district, which is known for its Jamaican and Haitian gang violence. I've been in stores in that neighborhood, and most business is done with the cashier being behind protective glass.Edited by: Ground Fighter

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Happy hour?

The reason why I fear the future of Chicago is that the Daley's created the myth that they are the only white people that can run Chicago. The media parrots this line constantly.

This myth started when Harold Washington won a three way primary between Daley and then Mayor Jane Bryne (The last white mayor of Chicago and a good one.) Since then, Daley has destroyed any white person who might become popular. Examples are Paul Valus and Jim Lanski. Since 1983, Daley has not faced a white opponent.

To divide the Blacks and Hispanics, he gives them city jobs. The result is that Blacks and the Hispanics gain valuable experience in government, which they will use to gain power once Daley leaves office.

If Daley had cared about the white people, he would have created a pool a white candidates to be his successor. In the first post daley election, Blacks will declare themselves to be the legacy of Harold Washington and win. Any white candidates will not have the experience to even know how to run a campaign. The news media will mock them mercilessly.

Pray for the people of Chicago.

freedom1 said:
Oh, and don't forget Miami. I walked around one of the bad areas there one time real early on a Sunday morning while all the scum were still sleeping. Geez, there were people living under the freeway overpasses. I mean they had furniture under there and everything.

Yeah, I've seen Miami up close and personal as well. As long as you stay within a visible distance of the main strip (A-1A blvd.), its tolerable because its all beachfront property and its expensive. But, if you go ten blocks or more west...forget about it. It looks like Haiti, and the only visible clue that you are still "technically" in the U.S.A., is the occasional police cruiser rolling through the 'hood.

My friends and I jokingly call the city "Mi-jami", because the most of the hispanics who live there, can't pronounce the word "Miami" properly. The funny thing is, they pronounce the word the same way up here in Jersey. Its kind of like a "spanglish" version of ebonics
smiley36.gif
:

Miami = "Mi-jami"
Yellow = "jello"
devil = "debil"...you get the idea.
Edited by: Ground Fighter

Martin Luther King was the best friend that Daley had. King's visit in Chicago in 1966 is considered a failure. After all he was hit on the head with a rock, an action that King provoked. The result of the 1966 visit was the first open housing law. This is the law that destroyed your neighborhood.

In Chicago, Blacks were pro daley. The Black wards tended to vote 90% for Daley. With the open housing laws, Blacks moved into neighborhoods that were anti-Daley or moderately Daley. Blacks were not welcomed in Pro-Daley neighborhoods, and there were many ways to discourage this. From this point one Daley won his elections by landslides.

Daley also realized that new Black leadership was needed. Thus Jesse Jackson was born. That is another story.