Chad Ocho Cinco? HAHA!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Bringing happy to happy hour i found this article on Yahoo! Quite entertaining!
Found the writer to have a good personality as well!
<DIV ="hd blog-theme-nfl">
Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm EDT
<H4>Chad Johnson really wants 'Ocho Cinco' on his jersey</H4>
By MJD
<DIV =bd>

ept_sports_nfl_experts-462908239-1218647665.jpgymxpK2_C19EY5cbn
And since the NFL won't be adopting an XFL-like "Wear whatever you want on the back of your jersey" policy anytime soon, Chad's got two options: 1) Wear "Ocho Cinco" on the back of his jersey and pay massive fines every time he does it, or 2) actually have his name legally changed to "Ocho Cinco."

According to Pro Football Talk, Chad has "taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco."

I don't know what to tell you here. This isn't a normal guy. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad ... I'm in no position to judge. As I've said before, I believe that Chad just likes to make noise with his mouth, and has little or no concern for the meaning of the words that might come out of it (and here's more bizarre evidence of that).

If the name change did actually happen, I don't know if I could bring myself to actually call him Ocho Cinco. On one hand, people have the right to be called whatever they want, but on the other hand, I don't feel like I'm doing Chad Johnson any favors by indulging his megalomaniacal whims.

You know, If your child comes to you one day and says, "Daddy, I want to be called 'Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's'," I don't think it's in the best interests of the child if you enroll him in school as "Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's."

He's a kid. It's a phase. And I'm not sure that we're dealing with any greater emotional capacity here with Chad.
Related: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/players/+/nfl.p.0, Cincinnati Bengals

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-J ohnson-really-wants-Ocho-Cinco-on-his-je?urn=nfl,100528 [/url]

This trend must be stopped. If he changes his name, others will, too. There will be no end to this nonsense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The NFL is slowly starting to pander less to the more infantile behavior of its affletes (and their criminal behavior too), but the only way to really change it is to end the artificial black domination of the league and I don't see any inkling of that on the horizon yet.

Kaptain

Master
Today Johnson said that Michel Phelps isn't the best in the world because some inner city boys from his hood could easily beat him but they just didn't get the chance. No kidding.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Today Johnson said that Michel Phelps isn't the best in the world because some inner city boys from his hood could easily beat him but they just didn't get the chance. No kidding.

I wish Chad Johnson would lose his ability to speak. He is adept at making himself look more and more idiotic.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Kaptain Poop said:

I wish Chad Johnson would lose his ability to speak. He is adept at making himself look more and more idiotic.

There are public pools and swim programs in many schools all over the hood. The movie "black men can't swim" really needs to be made because very few can.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
That was another racist comment by Chad Johnson. I really hate that guy. Hes sure lucky hes in the NFL because if not for that he would be flipping burgers or cleaning toilets with that mildly retarted Iq of his. What if Peyton Manning were to come out and say there could be more white receivers but they are never given a chance? HMM

white is right

Hall of Famer
Name one black swimmer that has swam anything beyond the sprints in swimming? I recall a black female from Jamaica coming 4th once in the 400 freestyle. More idiotic comments from a donkey who doesn't know how good he has it. I hear the Riker's Island Swim Team has guys that could beat Phelps if they only had the chance.......
smiley2.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
white is right,

If the guys at Rikers are so good, then let's see them swim to the Bronx through those waters to freedom. That'll happen sometime around the time pigs fly.

Tom Iron...

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:

I'm waiting for the media to attack him for his comments. No, not really -- never gonna happen. If a white player said something similar about blacks, they woulddemand his head on a platter.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Kaptain Poop said:

I'm waiting for the media to attack him for his comments. No, not really -- never gonna happen. If a white player said something similar about blacks, they would demand his head on a platter.

Thats the great double standard we all have to deal with. Whitey is told to keep his mouth shut and the brothas can run their mouths. Its ok in the end though because whites are privledged and blacks are at a disadvantage.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
white is right,

If the guys at Rikers are so good, then let's see them swim to the Bronx through those waters to freedom. That'll happen sometime around the time pigs fly.

Tom Iron...
The relay team of Hector, Juan, Tyrone and Kebari would probably drown in the shallow end....

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
Tom Iron said:
white is right,

Tom Iron...
The relay team of Hector, Juan, Tyrone and Kebari would probably drown in the shallow end....

Hector and Juan can swim, or at least wade....

white is right

Hall of Famer
To be honest I got fooled by the team's manager,Sheldon(Shelly as known by boys in the communal showers). On his resume he listed he was the road manager of
Three Dog Night and promoted Live Aid.
smiley2.gif

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Michael Phelps is without a doubt among the greatest olympic athletes in the history of the world -- arguably THE greatest. If anything is "racist," it's comparing Michael Phelps to an obvious drug cheat like Carl Lewis.

Chad Johnson is merely an overrated draft bust who never lived up to his overly-generous hype. Mediocre athlete. Even more mediocre man.

Sounds like jealousy to me -- typical childish "I could do that but I don't wanna" whenever an incompetent boy sees the girls ogling a real man do his thing.Edited by: GiovaniMarcon

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
GiovaniMarcon said:
Chad Johnson is merely an overrated draft bust who never lived up to his overly-generous hype. Mediocre athlete. Even more mediocre man.

QUOTE]

I think there's a tendency to overcompensate sometimesin not givingblack athletes credit where it's due as athletes. Chad Johnson is a great receiver. Over the past 5 seasons the lowest number of catches he's had in a season is 87, the least number of receivingyards 1,274. If a white receiver put up those kind of numbers I don't think any of us would call him a bust or a mediocre athlete.

As a person, that's a different story, though I think he's more or less another version of T.O., a simple-minded, selfish personwho craves attention and knows the media will give it to him any time he desires it, rather than the commonplace NFL thug.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
GiovaniMarcon said:
Chad Johnson is merely an overrated draft bust who never lived up to his overly-generous hype. Mediocre athlete. Even more mediocre man. QUOTE]

I think there's a tendency to overcompensate sometimes in not giving black athletes credit where it's due as athletes. Chad Johnson is a great receiver. Over the past 5 seasons the lowest number of catches he's had in a season is 87, the least number of receiving yards 1,274. If a white receiver put up those kind of numbers I don't think any of us would call him a bust or a mediocre athlete.

As a person, that's a different story, though I think he's more or less another version of T.O., a simple-minded, selfish person who craves attention and knows the media will give it to him any time he desires it, rather than the commonplace NFL thug.

You're probably right -- however I stand by my opinion that Chad Johnson will never be even a tenth the athlete Michael Phelps is.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about one-tenth but I agree that Phelps is far and away the better athlete.

Poacher

Mentor
Chad Johnson is a complete and utter blockhead.

Like I said in the Olympic thread...a few days worth of attention and the usual suspects are already bitching. I saw it coming though. No room for white men, ever.

Poacher

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Poacher, Johnson is a racist. If the situation was flipped dont you think the white guy would be finished by now?

Of course.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What a moronic imbecile. Simply incredible that people like him are allowed to become millionaires in the NFL while upstanding and well spoken individuals with just as much talent are ignored year after year.

Menelik

Mentor
People enjoy looking at clowns more then regular people imho.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow. What an piece of trash Johnson is. That video was of a mildly retarted clown discrediting another white athlete.I'd like to see these so called better swimmers he knows.