CF Player of the Week 12

Who was the best white player of the week 1?

• Wes Welker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Cooley

• Tony Scheffler

• Patrick Kerney

• Chad Greenway

• Total voters

backrow

Hall of Famer
1. Wes Welker, WR Patriots: career high (and team record)13 passes for career high 149 yards (second in NFL this week). has 878 yards on the season already and is second in NFl in catches, with 81

2. Chris Cooley, TE Redskins: game high 6 catches for 96 yard and a nice 39 yard TD catch

3. Tony Scheffler, TE Broncos: 5 catches for 82 yards and a beautiful TD catch

4. Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks: another HUGE game for Patrick. 7 tackles (1 for a loss), second consecutive 3 sack game, forced 1 fumble plus an interception

5. Chad Greenway, Vikings: 3 tackles, plus his second interception this season returned for a 37 yard TD!

Winners so far:

Week 1: Matt Giordano, S Colts
Week 2: Barrett Ruud, LB Buccaneers
Week 3: Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles
Week 4: Dallas Clark, TE Colts
Week 5: Brian Leonard, RB Rams
Week 6: Kevin Walter, WR Texans
Week 7: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 8: Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots
Week 9: Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers
Week 10: Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants
Week 11: Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks

backrow

Hall of Famer
just missed a cut: Aaron Kampman, Owen Daniels

looks like this week we will have our first repeat winner, as Kerney and Welker look to be favorites.

EDIT: no cheating this time Kerneyites!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: backrow

jared

Mentor
Kerney heard how me and some others doubted him last week and decided to go on another tear to prove himself worthy of CF player of the week honors. I have righted my wrong.Edited by: jared

Gi-15

Mentor
Just can't help myself, gotta go with the defensive player. Heck, if Welker don't win CF player of the week, he can consolate himself being the horse trailer player of the game this week.
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
All worthy candidates to be sure. I read that Welker's performance was seen by the largest Sunday night viewership in two years. Many expected to see Moss put up huge numbers, but he was effectively contained,roughed up and intimidatedat times. The Eagles were laying some wood on the New Englanders and Bradywaspole axed. The superstarswere reeling and looked very vulnerable and very beatable -- until Welker took over.

Wes stepped up and took the bull by the horns so to speak. After taking vicious hits he bounced back up againand again as if to say "Is that all you got chumps?" He rallied the team and was a HUGE factor in turning a possible / probable defeat into victory.They are still undefeated and their dream of making history lives because of Welker's gutsy game.

He showcased his quickness, durability, and sure hands all night long. The long gainer in particular was really sweet. Even Madden gushed forth with effusive praise. Defensivelineman and tight ends performing well are not a rarity for us, but the night Wes had on the best football team in the NFL outshines all other accomplishments in my opinion. Edited by: Bart

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I voted for Kerney last week, and then I felt guilty for it after I read all the gushing man-love posts for Eckel and Evans. So this week I'm going to vote for Welker and avoid the guilt trip.
smiley17.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I voted for Kerney last week, and then I felt guilty for it after I read all the gushing man-love posts for Eckel and Evans. So this week I'm going to vote for Welker and avoid the guilt trip.
smiley17.gif

smiley36.gif
you were the one voting for Kerney 25 times, probably!

and white afflete, they both won once before.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"All worthy candidates to be sure. I read that Welker's performance was seen by the largest Sunday night viewership in two years."

You're right, Bart.

This happens to be the most important obstacle in defeating the caste system and changing the NFL from the joke that it has become, into what it was about 25 years ago (actual football).

Wes played like the caste-shattering madman that he is on sunday night against the eagles. A few weeks ago I predicted that Welker will win the superbowl MVP award this season....TRUST ME, HE WILL DO IT.

Angelcynn

Guru
I voted Kerney last week but this week I had to go for my faveourite player Welker because he made that game a joy to watch. Would been nice if Feeley hadn't overthrown to Kevin Curtis near the end though.

I wonder if Welkers emergence this season will make NFL scouts take a closer look at Amendola of Texas Tech?

G

HOW ABOUT DAVID GARRARD?

(just joking fellas, don't hunt me down)

backrow

Hall of Famer
TheEnglishman said:
I wonder if Welkers emergence this season will make NFL scouts take a closer look at Amendola of Texas Tech?

i'm sure it will give him a more of a shot. he's not as elusive as Wes, but then again who is. he has great hands, can return punts.

i see Welkerians are ahead!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I forgot the rules, are we not including quarterbacks? I know it's too late anyway, but I think honorable mention should go to AJ Feeley. He was 4th in the league in passing this week, amassing 345 yards, 3 TD's, with 3 INT's. He stepped up when McNabb wouldn't, and kept the game close to the very end. Sinking McNabb's butt deeper into the hot seat ranks him high on this week's list of 'caste busters,' in my opinion.

backrow

Hall of Famer
WS, QBs are too good to be included, but i agree with you, Feeley did great (save for that overthrow to Curtis) showing people of Philadelphia that:
A. their receivers are more than adequate
B. when you come and play instead of complaining, you can give any tem, even Patriots a game
C. McNabb sucks at this point.

on topic: looks like Welker is running away with this one... Kerneyites, where are you?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"A. their receivers are more than adequate"

Very true. You know McNabb has been playing poorly when AJ Feeley can make a total scrub like Greg Lewis shine in an NFL game. I think the fans in Philly do actually like Kevin Curtis (probably due to the Detroit game) and know he could explode any given week. That is, unless you give him a QB who constantly "dinks and dunks" the way McNabb tends to.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if i recall correctly, Kevin Curtis is on pace to have the 2nd or 3rd best receiving yardage mark in Eagles history. so why do so many people insist he isn't any good? white skin has a lot to do with it, i'm thinking...

Kerney had a MONSTER game, but Welker's performance was a caste-shattering performance on national tv. i've got to give him the vote this week.

backrow said:
White Shogun said:
smiley17.gif

smiley36.gif
you were the one voting for Kerney 25 times, probably!

and white afflete, they both won once before.

i believe you are confusing me with white athlete.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It has to be Welker. No question.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Wes Welker it is, our first repeating winner!

Winners so far:

Week 1: Matt Giordano, S Colts
Week 2: Barrett Ruud, LB Buccaneers
Week 3: Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles
Week 4: Dallas Clark, TE Colts
Week 5: Brian Leonard, RB Rams
Week 6: Kevin Walter, WR Texans
Week 7: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 8: Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots
Week 9: Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers
Week 10: Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants
Week 11: Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks
Week 12: Wes Welker, WR Patriots

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sweet! As for your comment Tartan Pride, its too late, I'm on my way to find you!
smiley36.gif