Caste System Math

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was skimming through the latest issue of The Sporting News and found these two interesting contrasts. First was a description of Oregon State's superstar wide receiver Mike Hass in a boxed feature called "Draft Dish":

"Oregon State WR Mike Hass is turning heads with strong performances to start the season. Hass makes razor-sharp cuts and has great hands and the toughness to go over the middle. Though his lack of height (6-1) and elite speed probably will limit Hass to the third round, he could be a great addition as a No. 3 receiver."

I won't even comment on the racism here that already limits Hass to being a third round pick and a third receiver for an NFL team. Just rememberthe "lack of height" comment even though 6-1 is taller than many if not most NFL wide receivers.

A couple pages later in the same issue is a feature called "Scouting Report," which focuses on Eagles CB Sheldon Brown. Cornerbacks of course cover wide receivers. Here's the description of Brown's height:

"Height/Weight: 5-10/200. Strengths: Is a solid athlete with good height and bulk.. . should be a lock to go to the Pro Bowl in 2005."

So Hass is too short at 6-1 to be an elite receiver, but Sheldon Brown has "good height" at 5-10 and is an elite cornerback. I guess that's called "new math," or more accurately "Caste System math."

GWTJ

Mentor
I wish we had a way to throw this crap back in their faces. And if you copied this correctly, Don, how in the heck is elite speed a limitation.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What really kills me is that Haas is not even mentioned in the Heisman Race.All he has done is just about lead the nation in receiving two years in a row despite double and triple coverage schemes to stop him.He is fast,strong,smart, and tall.He cannot be stopped.At least until the NFL gets a hold of him if they even bother to draft him.
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
GWTJ said:
I wish we had a way to throw this crap back in their faces. And if you copied this correctly, Don, how in the heck is elite speed a limitation.

The meaning was that Hass lacks both height and elite speed. But if he's basically uncoverable, then he obviously has elite quickness.

They always have to invent ways to demean whites. A white receiver with 4.5 speed always lacks quickness and big play capability, while a black receiver with 4.5 speed almost always is said to have both. In fact, I've yet to read of a white wide receiver who has big play capability no matter how fast he is or how many big plays he made in college.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What the hell is the right height for a receiver?

Haas is to short at 6'1, Matt Jones is too tall at 6'4, so white receivers should be exactly 6'2-6'3, then?

You know, I get more and more annoyed with this BS everyday, and I didn't think that was possible, given the current state of my frustration and annoyance.

I mean, really, what does a white guy have to do to be given a fair shot? Setting records and winning awards won't do it. Being bigger, faster, and stronger than his black counterpart isn't enough, either. What is?

And to think that some still have the NERVE to complain about a lack of black centers and quarterbacks??

W T F???? AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Okay Poop, that gives white WR two more inches. The established height for white WR is now fixed at between 6'2 and 6'5.
smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And if they are in that height range, every effort is going to be made to see if they can be beefed up into tight end material. Nate Jackson, Denver's 6-3 WRis the latest example,forced to eat his wayup totight end size this past offseason. He's now third on the team's depth chart athis newposition, and being the third tight end on a team is about as meaningful as being the third-team center.Jeb Putzier and Eric Johnson are two other former receiverswho come to mind who alsohad to make the switch in recent years.

So we need to add the qualifiers that even ifwhite receiversare between the magical range of 6-2to 6-5,to avoid going on a 15,000 calorie a day plan to bulk up for a more racially appropriate positon, they must either posses 1.) afast-burning metabolism that prevents them from gaining weight no matter how much they eat and power train; 2.) sub-4.4 speed in the 40;or 3.) stand up for themselves and insist that they are a reciever and are not interested in switching to tight end.

It just gets so complicated at times when you're a lowly white football player trying against all odds to compete against Cultural Marxism's Chosen Master Race of Athletes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That was hilarious Don.Too bad that it's true.Some of these college kids just have to make it to the NFL.Haas,Anderson,and others will be the new wave of stars on Sunday.I can't wait till that day.

Hass is putting up unbelievable numbers without an elite QB throwing to
him. This makes his production all the more impressive. He
has no chance to play in the NFL -- that has been predetermined.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
funny thing about height...it doesn't seem to bother marvin harrison. you know, THE best wide receiver in the NFL. harrison is "generously" listed as 6'0" 175 when it is obvious that he is closer to 5'9". but either way, he is much shorter than Hass . both guys make an unbelievable number of spectacular plays, but somehow the one is phenomenally gifted and the other is a limited-talent and at best a third option.

when are white people gonna wake up and take notice of this stuff! aaarrggghhhhh!!!
smiley7.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Haas could lead the NFL in receiving possibly in his rookie season.He is that good.Put him on a good team as the number 1 or 2 guy and just stand back and watch.This kid just has all the tools necessary.I can't wait to see him play on Sundays.I think he will be drafted but in the higher rounds and will probably sit on a bench as a 3rd or 4th receiver.Look at Standeford,and what has happened to him.He was almost as good as Haas.