Carimi

warhawk46

Guru
Ok, I realize I'm probably plugging my hometown Badgers here but what do you guys think about Carimi on the Browns at RT?<div>
</div><div>He and Joe Thomas (another Badger alum) as book-ends and all they need is to replace the RG. That would be a heck of a line: Thomas, Steinbach, Mack, ?, Carimi... Would definitely help Peyton Hillis' career immensely!</div>

Riddlewire

Master
Carimi is already off to a bad start if he wants consideration for being drafted highly.
He has already made a big deal out of being a devout and observant jew. His religious practices will put him into conflict with the team's practice schedule and possibly cause him to miss games at some point in the season.
The good news for Carimi is that there are a lot of jewish owners in the NFL who are thrilled to hear such things. Which might override the wishes of any coach who prefers not to deal with the hassle.

TheAnimal

Guru
Riddlewire said:
Carimi is already off to a bad start if he wants consideration for being drafted highly.

He has already made a big deal out of being a devout and observant jew. His religious practices will put him into conflict with the team's practice schedule and possibly cause him to miss games at some point in the season.

The good news for Carimi is that there are a lot of jewish owners in the NFL who are thrilled to hear such things. Which might override the wishes of any coach who prefers not to deal with the hassle.

Well as it just so happens the Browns owner is a Jew....

I wouldn't mind Carimi at RT on the Browns line at all. Or Castonzo or Solder for that matter.

warhawk46

Guru
Eh, the Vikings worked around Abdullah or whatever his name is being Muslim. I'm sure they can work around the eight crazy nights.<div>
</div><div>Carimi looks to have elite talent and would make a fine NFL RT.</div>