Cap Casualties 2013

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
As teams clear space for salary cap (and other) reasons, there are plenty of white players on the street. Here are a few that were recently dumped:

Packers - Jeff Saturday-C
Chiefs - Kevin Boss-TE
Saints - David Thomas-TE
Jets - Eric Smith-FS, Josh Baker-TE

This does not include the players, like Austin Collie, who are not being re-signed as their contracts expire.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
As teams clear space for salary cap (and other) reasons, there are plenty of white players on the street. Here are a few that were recently dumped:

Packers - Jeff Saturday-C
Chiefs - Kevin Boss-TE
Saints - David Thomas-TE
Jets - Eric Smith-FS, Josh Baker-TE

This does not include the players, like Austin Collie, who are not being re-signed as their contracts expire.

I'm pretty sure Saturday will retire he's 37 and hes logged a lot of quality minutes over the years. Boss would be a decent pickup for a lot of teams and I'm glad Smith is no longer with the Jets. Maybe the Packers will take a shot on him after seeing absolutely horrid play from their dreaded up Strong Safeties.

Truthteller

Mentor
....and I'm glad Smith is no longer with the Jets. Maybe the Packers will take a shot on him after seeing absolutely horrid play from their dreaded up Strong Safeties.

Several media sources, including ESPN, have been saying Smith will very likely shuffle off to Buffalo, because one of his biggest backers with the Jets recently landed a coaching job with the Bills. No word if he's projected as a starter in Buffalo (assuming he goes there) or if he'll be viewed mostly as a special teams ace/backup DB type?

Also, of course, speculation has already began regarding Collie landing in Denver, for obvious reasons.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Boss failed his physical, after his latest concussion (his 4th). looks like his playing days are done, unfortunately... :angry:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Eric Winston (T) was "fired" by the Chiefs yesterday, which pretty much guarantees that they will select Luke Joeckel with the first pick. They already applied the franchise tag to sumo Brandon Albert, so he's not going anywhere. I, personally, think it's a dumb move. Winston is better than Albert, and now they will have to move Joeckel to RT, where he hasn't played, or move Albert to RT, where he stinks. If they kept Winston at RT, Albert could move to LG with Joeckel at LT, and that would be pretty serviceable. Ultimately, it's a cap move, but Winston only counts $6 mil or so to the cap, while Albert will come in at around $10 mil because of the tag.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Cowboys cut LB Dan Conner after refusing a pay cut. He was on the 2nd year of a 6.5 million deal.

I doubt any team will sign him to be anything more than a backup.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Cowboys cut LB Dan Conner after refusing a pay cut. He was on the 2nd year of a 6.5 million deal.

I doubt any team will sign him to be anything more than a backup.
Fitzpatrick was cut today. The ESPN panel agreed that he wasn't anything more than a spot starter in the league. Polian quickly stated that "Terribillius" Jackson isn't anything more than that either and the team will need another qb by the time training camp starts.........http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9044711/ryan-fitzpatrick-released-buffalo-bills

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Fitzpatrick was cut today. The ESPN panel agreed that he wasn't anything more than a spot starter in the league. Polian quickly stated that "Terribillius" Jackson isn't anything more than that either and the team will need another qb by the time training camp starts.........http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9044711/ryan-fitzpatrick-released-buffalo-bills
Fitzpatrick is Joe Montana compared to Jackson. Perhaps the Bills are hoping that one of the top two QBs in the draft (according the the "experts", natch), affletic wonders Geno Smiff or EJ Manuel will be available for them:yuck:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Fitzpatrick is Joe Montana compared to Jackson. Perhaps the Bills are hoping that one of the top two QBs in the draft (according the the "experts", natch), affletic wonders Geno Smiff or EJ Manuel will be available for them:yuck:

I wouldn't be surprised with that caste follower Nix running the show and AA hire Whaley as his second in command if they went after Smiff or Manuel. They are obviously leaning that way since they decided to sign freaking Tavarious Jackson who has gotten way more than his fair shot.