BYU black-and-white decision

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms, thanks for posting the link. That's a pretty telling article. It's true what they say about the Honor Code at BYU. I had to sign it too. I don't agree that changing the "complexion" will help BYU that much. I doubt they will ever get back to the Elite 8 level when Ainge was there, even with black players. The Mormon lifestyle and influence, plus the Honor Code will keep the best, black or white, from playing in Provo. I grant you one thing. I won't be rooting for their basketball team this year. notice how they missed the tournament again this year, even with more blacks.

okra63

Guru
BYU is not noted as being a basketball school anyway, is it? I don't remember them in the tournament as of recent years. The Cougars need improving quick. The Honor Code may keep the best away,but you have to admire the administration for believeing what they believe and their sticking to it. Whether or not you agree with them doesn't matter.

Good luck Col. Reb at BYU.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
okra 63, They haven't been that great lately, but they used to be known as a basketball school big time in the 70's and 80's. Danny Ainge and Co. were racking up the wins back then. They still put a lot into their program up there. It will be interesting to see what happens.