Bryan Bulaga

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I really like this kid and I stated before that I believe he will be the best rookie linemen this year. He will be slated as Chad Clifton's backup at LT and with Chad's recent injuries he could end up seeing a lot of time this year. He should be an anchor on the Packers O-line for years to come. Here's a recent article on him. http://gnb.scout.com/2/966709.html Edited by: celticdb15

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
His stock dropped prior to the draft because he, or so the draftniks say, has "short arms". Now, I probably need someone to enlighten me on why arm length is important for an OT. I would think that longer arms would increase the likelihood that a player would be reaching outward and be called for holding. I would think Bulaga's blasted short arms would be a good thing, as it makes it easier for him to get his body on the defender (the WORST thing that can happen to a defensive player) and to "legally hold" the defender by getting his hands under the defender's pads.

I also notice that a black players underperformance in bench press numbers is due to their "long arms", wouldn't it be better to have "short arms" as an offensive lineman to be more effective in shovinga defender backwards when run blocking as well?
To me, it sounds like they were just doing their best to marginalize a great OT prospect because he is white.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Bulaga is definitely better than Anthony Davis and Trent Williams, and, although I don't watch very much Oklahoma State football, Russell Okung looked "soft" in highlights that I've seen of him.

I don't care how much weight a player bench-presses.. They can still be soft and mentally-slow ON the field.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Bulaga is definitely better than Anthony Davis and Trent Williams, and, although I don't watch very much Oklahoma State football, Russell Okung looked "soft" in highlights that I've seen of him.

I don't care how much weight a player bench-presses.. They can still be soft and mentally-slow ON the field.

The knock on Bulaga is that he has short hands. That sounds pretty ridiculous to me. That's supposedly why he fell a bit lower in the draft.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Bulaga has had a stellar career when healthy as a RT. Looks like his "short arms" weren't much of an issue in the NFL.