Bruce Springsteen (OLD MAN)

j41181

Master
Dude (60 years old) must be getting old, seriously!
smiley36.gif

'Hello, Ohio!' (Psst! Boss, we're in Michigan)

He CAN'T tell the difference between OHIO and MICHIGAN!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I've seen him in concert and he puts on a good show, but as far as music- he's got to be one of the most overrated classic rock guys of all time. He's pretty good, but I'm sick of him being mentioned as a possible GOAT classic rock artist out of the 70s and early 80s...Not even close! I heard that discussion a lot when I was down in Jersey. He's a hardcore democrat too- and will sometimes make his concerts political..."shut up and sing!"

Edited to add: Funny stuff J41181!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
Yeah, a great 70's and 80's rock legend! I love his music, I hate his politics!

Time for me to do some "Dancing in the Dark"!
smiley2.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah I kinda like the Boss's music during the 80's but to consider him GOAT in rock music?......Please.

Once he started to seen as liberal democratic with the likes of John Kerry and BHO, I started to think Hey Bruce sit down and shut up!

Bronk

Mentor
Reflecting his age, Springsteen has a new song coming out called, "You Damn Kids Stay Off My Lawn."

guest301

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I've seen him in concert and he puts on a good show, but as far as music- he's got to be one of the most overrated classic rock guys of all time. He's pretty good, but I'm sick of him being mentioned as a possible GOAT classic rock artist out of the 70s and early 80s...Not even close! I heard that discussion a lot when I was down in Jersey. He's a hardcore democrat too- and will sometimes make his concerts political..."shut up and sing!"

Edited to add: Funny stuff J41181!

Tough J, you posted "shut up and sing". Was that a Laura Ingraham reference because she wrote a book about liberals in entertainment with that title?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's just another grotesque byproduct of the '60s and '70s that so many of these rock acts are still going. . . and going. . . and going. The idea of men still recording rock music and touring while in their 50s, 60s and 70s would have been ridiculed back then ("hope I die before I get old" sang The Who), and have to say I agree. Most are rich beyond what they can spend; it's ego and vanity that keeps them going. It's creepy seeing Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Roger Daltry, Pete Townsend and the rest still singing songs written for the young by the young. Though Springsteen always gave a great concert and still looks good for his age.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don, It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess. I don't really mind seeing old acts like Lynnard Skynnard, Def Leppard and Van Halen cranking out old tunes and a occasional new one. I especially like seeing old acts getting over with the young crowd. I agree that Mick Jagger is creepy but he always was.
smiley2.gif

DWFan

Mentor
guest301 said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

Edited to add: Funny stuff J41181!

Tough J, you posted "shut up and sing". Was that a Laura Ingraham reference because she wrote a book about liberals in entertainment with that title?

Sounds like it might be an interesting book. Have you read it?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Yes I read it a few months ago. You could probably find it at your local library.

Heavy Henry

Don't get me started on Springsteen!

Remember this so called 'man of the working people' refused to let his roadies unionize!
smiley7.gif