Blonde Sports Heroes

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As a golf fan who is soaking up the Masters coverage, themajor focus of attentionat this year's eventis Jack Nicklaus' Masters win 20 years ago in 1986. Nicklaus was and is the greatest golfer ever. He was also very blonde, sporting a buzz cut and chubby-looking in the '60s until he transformed his look by losing weight and growing his hair out circa 1970.

Blonde hair is highly valued in white women, but not among men. Hollywood and the media have done its best to demonize blond men as "nazis" or as effeminate or otherwise in a negative manner. Besides Jack Nicklaus, who are other blonde American sports heroes?

bwc_708

Football - Paul Hornung
Baseball - Mickey Mantle
Basketball - Dirk Nowitzki
Wrestling - Rick Flair (Just kidding)Edited by: bwc_708

Bart

Hall of Famer
Before Arnold came along, skinny teen-agers wanted to look like -The Blonde Bomber- Dave Draper.

biceps-13.jpg

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Don, there are actually many in Hockey but Hockey doesn't have almost any blacks so it must be of poor calibre.
Soccer has many blonds but the U.S. media must support U.S. businesses first.
Canadian Formula 1 pilot Jaques Villeneuve dyes his hair bleach blond.
Swimming, Waterpolo, Volleyball, Equestrian and many, many other sports have blond stars.
But the ones that really get the attention, the ones that really get the photographers chasing them, are the black athletes that dye their hair in that bizarre blond...some of them even wear blue contact lenses.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Larry Bird
Joe Montana - blond, but not very blond
John Elway

bwc_708

Don, I'm not so sure blonde hair is that highly valued in white women anymore. "Blonde" jokes are about the only ones you can get away with without being considered an ignorant racist. It's ok to say blonde women are stupid, but don't DARE question the intelligence of a negro of either sex.That means YOU are stupid.

Kaptain

Master
From tennis - Boris Becker, Stephan Edberg, Agassi, and Borg.

Magnus Samuelsson as well as most of the world's strongest men.

Terry Bradshaw

White_Savage

Mentor
Thanks for mentioning the strongest humans on Earth Kaptain.

What about,

-The Greatest fighter on Earth, Fedor Emeliankenko

-The second greatest fighter on Earth, Mirko Crocop

-The greatest non-HW fighter on Earth, Matt Hughes.

--Klitscko, Liakovich, as far as I can tell most of our champion and up and coming Russian boxers have blonde or light brown hair. My tagline ain't just whistling Dixie, so to speak.
smiley4.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another golfer is Greg Norman, who's Australian but was extremely popular in the U.S. during his checkered prime.

Poacher

Mentor
Chris Evert (sp), Matt Jones (not quite a "hero" yet), wasn't Mickey Mantle blonde? I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Brian Urlacher comes to mind. I went through my copius files of white athletes and posted some.

urlacher.jpg

joshmcnown.jpg

sharapova2.jpg

dokic4.jpg

dirk.jpg

richards.jpg

rentzel.jpg

42_millerzach2.jpg

hermanndunk.jpg

elenadementieva.jpg

nataliegulbisgolfer.jpg

gibson_.jpg

konrad2.jpg

kasper.jpg

Edited by: jaxvid

Phil Simms (and now his uber-blond son, Chris, who is showing some promise at Tampa Bay).

Bjorn Borg and Kevin Greene looked like Thor when they played their respective sports.

And thanks for the shots of Sharapova and Gulbis, jaxvid -- much appreciated on a Monday morning.

Gary

Mentor
Bobby Hull-The Golden Jet[Hockey], Svend Karlsson, Riku Kiri, Magnus Samuelsson and Jon Pall Sigmarsson all winners of the Worlds Strongest man contest, all coming from Nothern Europe [home of the world's most beautiful women and smartest people on earth] which is why Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Sweden have the best standard of living in the world. Tom Platz and Dave Draper two of the top muscleman of all-time. I believe Johnny Untias had a blonde flat top while leading the Colts to football greatness. Kiri came in 2nd in the WSM contest so did another blonde from Denmark named Flemming Rasmussen. Who can forget Sigmarsson proudly yelling "I AM A VIKING"!! While lifting a 400lb rock over his head!!Edited by: Gary

JD074

Master
As a blonde man myself, it's nice to see us finally get some respect!
smiley17.gif

kirilenko-rusia.jpg

Andrei KirilenkoEdited by: JD074

Kaptain

Master
Nothing is more hated in our PC ethnicity loving world than the blonde haired blue-eyed white man. Everytime you hear anyone in the media refer to the blonde haired blue eyed male it is with deep-seeded contempt and jeolously.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Josh McCown is an athletic quarterback with a strong arm and very good mobility. In limited playing time with Arizona he was very productive. Will the Lions give him the opportunity the Cardinals never did?

d5d31921cf09ba1a40f0a493b51311f6.jpg