Black invention myths

Kaptain

Master
I agree Colonel reb. Rock and Roll is just another black invention myth. Most of the first songs considered to be rock and roll were simply redone country music songs with a faster tempo. Of course, country music was and is almost purely white music. Even the first black rock and roll artists like Chuck Berry and Fats domino stole from white country music. Yet we'll never here people crying about those guys stealing music. Here's a link if you want more details.

[url]http://www.cdaddy.com/FormatArticle.cgi?file=Issue23&ind ex=3[/url]

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Great article, Poop, thanks for the link.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Really good article. He's right, all you have to do is listen to the music and you can tell what he's doing. I know Little (The ****) Richard has always been ticked off because Elvis was crowned King instead of himself. He had a few good songs, but mostly they were purely sexual, with little musical invention in them. Speaking of Elvis, Bill Black was an unreal upright bass player. I saw a kid imitate him a couple of months ago and he did a great job. I like that sound better than any other from a bass. Bill Black and Scotty Moore, the Blue Moon Boys, never got the credit they are due for creating Elvis early signature sound. They were both almost completely influenced by country musicians.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Lonnie Johnson invented the Super Soaker

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley22.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley11.gif
Man was that funny!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Country music is invented by blacks as well.

Found this on wikipedia:

While country music has had only one real African American star (Charley Pride), the innovators and originators were strongly influenced by the sounds and songs of black musicians. Country music has also influenced the work of black musicians such as Ray Charles and Keb' Mo'.

nordic_miler

Man, this "black invention" stuff is pretty funny. I recently went to a list of inventions that black people came up with. It was on some black pride website.

Basically, this is what it resembled(except both lists much longer).

Blacks

-lemonade
-library table
-door knob?

Whites

-internal combustion engines
-gunpowder
-guns
-nuclear reactions
-nuclear everything
-every law of physics
-mathematics
-flight
-space flight
-the list goes on baby....rocketry, calculus, paper...you name it(the IMPORTANT stuff)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nordic Miler, good post and welcome to Caste Football. It is unreal what revisionist and black supremacist historians are propogating these days. The only thing music wise I know of that blacks invented was the banjo, and I'm not even sure of that. Country was inspired more by traditional folk music than anything, certainly not the blues, I mean the blues wasn't around until 1900-1910. You could make the exact opposite argument and probably have more evidence.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
What's the difference between a library table and a regular table?

America used to be booming with new technologies, but now it seems that Asia has taken over again. I'd love to hear some of your comments why this is or why you disagree.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Didn't the Chinese invent gunpowder? Although all they did with it was make fireworks, whereas the white men made a weapon of it.

nordic_miler

Library table and a regular table...the difference? No clue.

nordic_miler

Gunpowder

The first written reference to gunpowder - and how to make it - appears in the writings of the 13th century English monk Roger Bacon, belying the oft held theory that it was developed in China and exported to Europe.

A 14th Century German monk, Berthold Schwarz, was the first person to use gunpowder to fire a projectile, and can rightly be given the title of inventor of the firearm. Gunpowder factories had been established in England and Germany in 1334 and 1340 respectively.

Guys, here is a site of all or most of white inventors and white inventions. It's pretty...lengthy.

http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr58.htm

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Leave it up to some good ole white religious guys to make guns. Yeah!
smiley32.gif

surfsider

Guru
Folding legs...is that the diference? I'm going to make three guesses as to who is pictured in your avatar nordi_miler: John Walker, Steve Scott or .... no one else is coming to mind that I think it could be so I'll say Tom Byers since he did have a long flowing mane.

nordic_miler

Well, Bear-Arms, I really have no clue as to why countries like Japan have come out withe the extremely advanced technology...maybe it has something to do with the European and American cultures opposed to Japanese culture? Well, even though I am quite young(17) I feel that American has seen it's best days, and we used to bebooming with new technologies...but something in the past 20 years or so has stagnated us maybe? Most likely the result of a lot of things.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

nordic_miler

surfsider...you are right it is John Walker. 1976 1500 meter Olympic Champion, first human being to run the mile under 3:50(2nd place was 100 meters back), guy was a friggen stud. In my opinion, the second most talented miler in track history...most talented miler ever, white or black, was Jim Ryun(USA).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jim Ryun, another Christian guy who was truly an incredible athlete. Thanks for bringing his name up Nordic.

surfsider

Guru
Quite agree nordic_miler. Walker was the first man to run 100! sub 4s. Man, how many guys wouldn't give a body part to have just one of those?

I'm curious! Was it a Black man who first added menthol to cigarettes to
make mentholated cigarettes? I read that Blacks often altered an early
invention by Whites. I think a White invented the first cigarette, but it could
have been a Black who first added menthol to cigarettes ultimately resulting
in Kool Filter Kings and Newport Filters. This would make sense because
mentholated cigarettes are very popular in Black communities. Please tell
me any information you can find about mentholated cigarettes!
smiley7.gif

remark22

paper and gunpowder are Chinese inventions...not to take anything away from the "black invention myths," but give credit to the chinese where credit is due. they also had more uses for the gunpowder than just fireworks.Edited by: remark22

Chinese did use gunpowder as bombs and to shoot flaming arrows out of a iron tube. Europeans perfected gunpowder, created cannons, muskets and the tactics to use them.

Tom Iron

Mentor
The Chinese also invented the wheel barrel. Another thing Marco Polo brought back from the Orient.

Tom Iron...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nonsmokerallen said:
I'm curious! Was it a Black man who first added menthol to cigarettes to
make mentholated cigarettes? I read that Blacks often altered an early
invention by Whites. I think a White invented the first cigarette, but it could
have been a Black who first added menthol to cigarettes ultimately resulting
in Kool Filter Kings and Newport Filters. This would make sense because
mentholated cigarettes are very popular in Black communities. Please tell
me any information you can find about mentholated cigarettes!
smiley7.gif

Yeah, thanks for that input.