Beauty pageant

Bk21

Guru
Happy hour in the Happy hour forum:

a light thread to relax a bit; had to show our new Miss France ;) you're welcome. Nothing philosophical here about feminism or the real value of beauty.. If anybody want to post local or national beauty contests, it's here.

So back to Miss France, here's the two finalists: Miss bourgorne vs miss Tahiti (oversea french island)

31707-miss_bourgogne_et_miss_tahiti.jpg

MISS TAHITI

tahiti_w350.jpg
miss-tahiti-230612-350.jpg

and MISS BOURGOGNE:

7755631038_miss-bourgogne.jpg

81810029_p.jpg

and the winner is:....

MISS BOURGOGNE!

(the usual tears)

Miss-France-2013-Marine-Lorphelin-Miss-Bourgogne-est-couronnee_portrait_w532.jpg

werewolf

Hall of Famer
And the winner is...the lovely Miss Lateesha Bongobongo from Paris!

lip_plate.jpg

"Omigod! This beez the most happiest days of my whole mother****in lifes!"

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

lip_plate.jpg

Are we really that far from specimens like those above being considered "beautiful"?

It's seems like the tatooing, the piercing, strange hair, and other body altering are getting ratcheted up every day. That stuff looks horrible to me yet everyone else I hear raves about it and talks it up. How long before everyone is "pressured" into considering that thing beautiful? I mean really. If RGIII can be called "handsome" with a straight face, why can't she be called pretty?

Arend

Guru
Miss France slammed for being 'white as snow' :

A black rights group on Monday slammed the latest Miss France competition for producing a "white as snow" winner from a field it claimed was unrepresentative of the country's ethnic make-up. Marine Lorphelin, 19, a brunette medical student from Burgundy, was on Saturday crowned Miss France 2013, having edged out Miss Tahiti, Hinarini de Longeaux, in the final round of judging. Louis-Georges Tin, the president of the CRAN (Representative Council of Black Associations), on Monday lamented the lack of contestants from France's African and north African communities. "The failure to represent the contemporary French population in an event such as this is obviously serious," Tin said in a statement issued jointly with Fred Royer, the creator of Miss Black France. "It amounts to denying the very existence of French people of African origin." Of the 33 finalists in Saturday's contest, eight were from ethnic minorities with six of those coming from France's Pacific or Caribbean territories. "In the antiquated world of Miss France, blacks apparently can only come from overseas departments," the CRAN statement said. "As for Frenchwomen of north African heritage, they were 'represented' by only one candidate who was quickly eliminated (too Muslim perhaps?). "France is home to around five million Muslims, most of them of north African origin. The statement wenton to express regret that "Miss France is as white as the end of year snow on the steeples of an eternal France."
http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/miss-france-slammed-for-being-white-as-snow#.UMcwNnf1CWN

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Bk21

Guru
I've heard about this controversy and the lack of blacks in Miss France, the CRAN forgot that the selection doesn't rely on ethnical proportinos, but only beauty criterias, with a public vote.
"Miss France is as white as the end of year snow on the steeples of an eternal France."!!
Imagine the same statement on the opposite side if a black african was elected: "Miss France is as black as residues of coal in a fireplace on a winter night" - and you got a huge public outcry with racist accusations which will end up in court

Bk21

Guru

lip_plate.jpg

Today was the prize awards of the GERARD'S TV, which are humoristic anti-awards, for worst tv shows and TV presenters; one of the award winning categories is entitled:

Gerard of the show where they explain to you that you have everything to learn from pygmies of 1m40cm, frisbees in the earlobes, fishing rings in the nose, cafeteria trays in the lips, tits banana-shaped, no more teeth and the dick in a bamboo tube: "Rendez-vous en terre inconnue" with Frederic Lopez.

"original title: Gérard de l’émission où on t’explique que t’as tout à apprendre de pygmées de 1m40 qui ont des frisbees dans les lobes d’oreilles, des anneaux de pêche dans le nez, des plateaux de cantine dans les lèvres, des nichons en forme de banane, plus une dent et la bite dans un tube en bambou : Rendez-vous en terre inconnue avec Frédéric Lopez (FR2)"