Bass Fishing 2008

Capt. Larsen

Most folks won't consider bass fishing a sport, more or less, a past time. But around here we do. Especially, with all the tournaments we hold on KY Lake. I don't know if anyone wants to, but I thought it'd be fun to share photos of our catches this season. I know how fisherman lie, and with photo programs, the sky's the limit.
smiley36.gif
Plus, to share tips on technique & equipment is always a plus. It's ever changing. What worked last year, or even last week, might not tomorrow.I'll start it off with my biggest of 2008. A 22", 2.8 pound large mouth, caught off my friends dock last night. No lie!
smiley4.gif
Bass.jpg
I got this little sweetheart using a Carolina Rigged, Zoom lizard (green pumpkin) in about 6 feet at an hour before sundown. They're getting ready to spawn right now, so get out there!!You deep south anglers can dominate here, 'cause the sizes Bass get to down yonder are way bigger.

The price of fuel now will really put a damper on fishing this summer.
smiley7.gif
So make friends with someone who has a boat!
smiley2.gif

Edit: I must add that I'm in no way an expert or pro, so I'm always wanting to learn from experienced vets.Edited by: Capt. Larsen

SteveB

Mentor
Fishing is my passion and is definitely one dominated by white and asian (on a global scale) men. I am not an avid bass angler, but here is one I caught recently.
stevebass.jpg

My real passion is saltwater.
stevewarsaw1-small.jpg

25 lb Warsaw Grouper
mexdorado.jpg

20+ lb DoradoEdited by: SteveB

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nice catches
smiley32.gif

Fishing may not be a sport but it does require skill and brains. Along with hunting it's a good physical activity and some of the best athletes I've known are outdoorsmen. Also consider how many good white athletes are avid hunters and fishermen.

white tornado

Mentor
Green pumkin zoom worm is a good way to go. I used to fish now that summers here Im going to go fishing more.

Capt. Larsen

white tornado said:
Green pumkin zoom worm is a good way to go. I used to fish now that summers here Im going to go fishing more.
That's what summer is all about, and some damn good chow too! They're bitin' on crawfish too! Because of all the rain, and flooding, I think, depending on where you fish, (I fish exclusively TVA) the habitats have remained relatively normal this year. Which is good for us!

Catch & Release......unless your hungry!
smiley2.gif

SteveB said:
Also consider how many good white athletes are avid hunters and fishermen.
All the good ones, and I'll tell you why.....Because they had FATHERS!!

Nice haul!!
Those Crank Baits are 3X the size of anything I would ever think of using!
Hey Steve, last time I was down by the gulf, they said there was a ban on grouper. Is that still on? Also, is the ban just for commercial fishermen, or everybody??

SteveB

Mentor
Capt. Larsen said:
Hey Steve, last time I was down by the gulf, they said there was a ban on grouper. Is that still on? Also, is the ban just for commercial fishermen, or everybody??

There are many species of grouper and the only one that is banned is the Goliath Grouper (fomerly known as a "jewfish" but was changed for PC reasons). They can grow to over 500 lbs. You can catch and release them, just can't keep them. All of groupers have various seasons, minimum sizes, and bag limits depending on species.