B/R article, The Death of the White Running Back

G

Thats a freakin travesty Butch Davis must be a complete lunatic. If only one person would call him out on junk like that. Well at least Danny caught a shuffle pass and looked like a pro, even the announcers were on his side, no caste speak.

StarWars

Mentor
Jordy Nelson: "Won 3A track titles in the 100, 200, 400 and long jump at the 2003 state meet... Set division records in the 100 meters (10.63) and 200 meters (21.64)." wikipedia

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Fox is an incredible athlete who should have stayed at corner and not safety.  He has a 43 inch vertical and ran a 4.45 40 time.  Since Jason Sehorn has been out of the league the NFL refuses to allow any whites to play the position.  By the way Soelberg had a chance to run the fastest 40 time in combine history had he been invited.
<div> </div>
<div>you are correct with this entire post, whiteathlete33.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>in case anyone is unaware, Nate Soelberg is a former Mountain West Conference champion in the 100 meters, with a personal best time of 10.34. he might be the fastest player in the entire NFL, were he actually in the NFL of course.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans, he of the "world class speed" as we're told time and time again, and who claims he can outrun Usain Bolt, has never even dreamed of running an official 10.3 100-meters ... although he did run a hand-timed 10.38 once in high school. world class my ass.
smiley2.gif
</div>
Strange how he even didn't get a camp invite. Even if his technique was raw you can't coach speed. Also teams always need corners.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i know that i've complained that not enough White kids go out for track (for example, the three fastest verified 40 times last year in Arkansas belonged to White kids whoplayed baseball instead ofrunning track). but even with the small number who do, there are some impressive performers.

Brian Hartline, wide receiver for the Dolphins, ran track (hurdles) at Ohio State.

Jerheme Urban, the never-used wide receiver for Arizona, was the best track athlete to ever attend Trinity University and was named conferenceTrack &amp; Field Male Athlete of the Year in each of his four years!

Between 2000 and 2003, Urban earned an SCAC-record 12 individual titles in six different events at the conference championships, including four consecutive victories in the triple jump. He also won titles in the 400-meter hurdles (2002, 2003), long jump (2001, 2003), javelin (2002, 2003), 400 meters (2001) and 100 meters (2003). He still holds the conference record for the triple jump (47 feet, 8inches), which he recorded at the 2003 meet.

according to Wikipedia Urban's best times were: 10.6 100-meters; 22.16 200-meters; 48.33 400-meters; 52.89 400-hurdles; 23'02" long jump; 47'08" triple jump.

just imagine if he had some affleticism.
smiley2.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

backrow

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Both Dustin Fox and Steve Gregory are free agents (since late 2008). Don't expect any NFL team pick them up anytime soon. Fox was also an outstanding defensive back in college.

Steve Gregory plays free safety for the Chargers, he is usually a starter as well. He also played spot duty as their nickelback, basically the third corner.

Fox was f**ked over in the way that a few have, he played at major school, went pretty high in draft and even that didn't help him...

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
White RBs and 100-yard games: 2000-2009

Since our few white RBs probably won't get enough carries the last couple of weeks of this season combined for 100 yards, let alone as an individual accomplishment, I'd say we can just about wrap up the decade.

1) Mike Alstott: 4 (with 3 others in the late '90s)
2) Brock Forsey: 1
3) Peyton Hillis: 1
4) Brian Leonard: 1
5) Brad Hoover: 1

(Thanks for the Brad Hoover reminder, Cassiodorus.)

Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think you got everyone Van Slyke. I was going to say Jervey but that was 1998 when he made a few starts in place of an injured afflete.

G

Made the last post there under Simmons. Four sentences, the first included the phrase "Caste System" the second and third dealt with the facts and the fourth dealt with the conclusion "Give him the darned ball!"

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
You are right Cassiodorus. It was in week 13 against Green Bay he ran for 117 yards. I checked his game logs on NFL.com for the 2000 season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
wile said:
Made the last post there under Simmons. Four sentences, the first included the phrase "Caste System" the second and third dealt with the facts and the fourth dealt with the conclusion "Give him the darned ball!"

wile, what happened to your one sentence arguments?

White Power

Mentor
Nick Goings is considered white because now who hears of him and does he even play. I would consider him white enough to be a caste victim.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
White Power said:
Nick Goings is considered white because now who hears of him and does he even play. I would consider him white enough to be a caste victim.

I ended up having a conversation with a DWF once about my local team the Giants. One game that the Giants played the Panthers the DWF said something like "The panthers were starting some white guy at runningback." That white guy was Goings of course even though he is part black. He said it in such a sarcastic tone of voice that you could tell he was completely brainwashed by the media.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It seems like Nick Goings is considered White by everybody that barely knows football. He himself as stated he considers himself "mixed". But he doesn't consider himself "Black". Traditionally somebody even that light is considered Black in North America.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Like I mentioned before he is probably a quarter black or so. Idiot fans just see his skin color on the field and think he is white. Looking at his facial features you can tell he is a bit mixed.

G

The first included the caste system, if they read past that fine if not I still got our talking point in. Sorry to upset you.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
wile said:
The first included the caste system, if they read past that fine if not I still got our talking point in. Sorry to upset you.

Wile are you refferring to the blog on Dillon Romain?

G

whiteathlete33 said:
wile said:
Wile are you refferring to the blog on Dillon Romain?

Someone up thread counted my exact number of sentences I made in a response at BR and wanted to pick nits.