B/R article, The Death of the White Running Back

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here'sa new article on the Bleacher Report that looks to be penned by someone here at CF. It's nice to get this information out to more of the mainstream. Of course, the article could have easily been twice as long, just to put a nick into the caste-thinking out there.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
aside from several noted errors, like mis-spelling the name Mike "Alstolt" and claiming Danny Woodhead played at Division III, it was a decent article. it left out a LOT of pertinent information, however, such as the 40 times of the White athletes he talked about in comparison to the blacks who are above them on the depth chart, that would have made his case stronger and more impactful.

still, not a bad piece for a guy who has apparently just begun to see the truth of things.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Like I noted, it's woefully short on details and content. It could easily be 2 or 3 times longer and barely scratch the surface. I'm looking forward to some good posters to "fill out" the story, like the story on Gerhart being robbed (or not, according to the author).

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
BTW, JC, I really enjoy your insightful, well-researched posts here on CF.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thank you, sir. i appreciate and enjoy yourposts, as well.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Good to have more exposure of the caste system. I forwarded the article along to some buddies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice article. We will take any publicity we can get. The word is slowly getting out there. The fans will wake up one of these days. Some already are. Thanks for posting this. Toby Gerhart will shock people if he is allowed to start on Sundays.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
We have already seen what Hillis can do and Gerhart is a faster and more athletic version of Hillis. He could be a monster in the NFL if given an opportunity. He needs to land on a white friendly team for sure. If he can at least split carries with someone like the Giants do with Bradshaw and Jacobs that wouldn't be bad.

backrow

Hall of Famer
here's another article from Bleacher Report:

Th NFL White Cornerback, officially extinct!

by Ed Sheahin Ed Sheahin
Featured Columnist

38 articles written
67 comments written
11 fans
View Profile

Written on December 18, 2009 Ezra Shaw/Getty Images It has been six years since the last of its kind was spotted. The last reported sighting was on field turf in urban St. Louis. The seldom seen white cornerback remains secluded. Some would even say the rare species no longer exists.

When former NFL cornerback Jason Sehorn retired from the St. Louis Rams in 2003, little did we know it would be the last time professional football fans would witness a white cornerback.

Although Sehorn played his final game a few years ago as a safety, he was truly the last full time white cornerback to man the position in a league focused on equality.

Equality is something the NFL has strived for in recent years. In 2002, Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney spearheaded the NFL Committee for Workplace Diversity. Designed to promote diversity in coaching and front office positions, the committee instituted a policy that is now known as the "Rooney Rule." The rule calls for one minority candidate to be interviewed for every vacant coaching or executive position in the NFL.

The policy worked as planned, as the number of minority coaches in the NFL jumped from six percent to 22 percent in a five year period.

But the word "equality"Â￾ is often used as a matter of convenience, rather than its true meaning. If the NFL truly wants equality throughout, it has to be a two way street. The league encouraged (albeit, not publically) teams to give more African-American quarterbacks a chance in the early 1990's. Today, nearly a third of all starting or reserve quarterbacks in the league are African-American.

So when does the push come from the league to encourage teams to give white cornerbacks a shot?

With the exception of a handful of shut down cornerbacks the league has to offer, there are very few who play the position at a high level week after week.

The white cornerback is not fast or quick enough. They lack the make-up speed or leaping ability to excel at the position. Stereotypes college/NFL coaches and general managers have developed over time.

It all sounds very similar to the stereotypes which often accompanied budding African-American quarterbacks; they aren't smart enough, they don't work hard enough, they aren't good leaders.

With the cornerback play in the NFL in recent years, one would think half the league's corners were drafted from college track teams rather than football squads.

Give me former Redskins cornerback 5'9"Â￾ Pat Fischer, over current rookie corner Kevin Barnes any day. Fischer, who probably ran a 4.7 40-yard dash at best could cover the likes of former Eagles receiver 6'7"Â￾ Harold Carmichael and former Olympic star turned Cowboy receiver, Bob Hayes.

Although speed is an important aspect of the game, a hard-nosed knowledgeable athlete is hard to pass on. One who is willing to stick his helmet in an opponent's chest, should be preferred over a track star whose ideal method of tackling is to dive at the feet of a receiver.

Now this isn't a cry for the NFL to change its rules or open the flood gates for white cornerbacks in the league, but find a few out of the estimated 50 or 60 million white males between the ages of 20-35 in North America and make equality truly equal.

j41181

Master
In memory of Jason Sehorn, the NFL's last starting White Cornerback:
smiley20.gif

blogSpan.jpg

Jason Sehorn's Awesome Interception
Jason Sehorn & Shannon Sharpe Charles Schwab Commercial

Check out this questions and answers in Yahoo Answers. It's really depressing how many (whites especially) agree that whites aren't athletic or talented enough to play the position.
smiley18.gif

Why are there no White cornerbacks in the NFL?
The Demise of the white cornerback?Edited by: j41181

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the notion that it is "speed" that prevents White athletes ... even ones who play cornerback in college ... from being given a shot at playing cornerback in the NFL is laughable.

the fact is, even White cornerbacks who are blazing fast get ignored by the NFL in favor of slow-footed negroes. a prime example is former BYU cornerback Nate Soelberg. the 6-foot Soelberg was THE fastest defensive back eligible for the 2006 Draft and didn't even get invited to a camp as a free agent ... much less get drafted.

the facts prove the caste system.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the notion that it is "speed" that prevents White athletes ... even ones who play cornerback in college ... from being given a shot at playing cornerback in the NFL is laughable.
<div></div>
<div>the fact is, even White cornerbacks who are blazing fast get ignored by the NFL in favor of slow-footed negroes. a prime example is former BYU cornerback Nate Soelberg. the 6-foot Soelberg was THE fastest defensive back eligible for the 2006 Draft and didn't even get invited to a camp as a free agent ... much less get drafted.</div>
<div></div>
<div>the facts prove the caste system.</div>

Yep. Only a few schools would allow Soelberg to play cornerback in college and BYU was obviously one of them.

j41181

Master
Both Dustin Fox and Steve Gregory are free agents (since late 2008). Don't expect any NFL team pick them up anytime soon. Fox was also an outstanding defensive back in college.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Both Dustin Fox and Steve Gregory are free agents (since late 2008). Don't expect any NFL team pick them up anytime soon. Fox was also an outstanding defensive back in college.

Fox is an incredible athlete who should have stayed at corner and not safety. He has a 43 inch vertical and ran a 4.45 40 time. Since Jason Sehorn has been out of the league the NFL refuses to allow any whites to play the position. By the way Soelberg had a chance to run the fastest 40 time in combine history had he been invited.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Fox is an incredible athlete who should have stayed at corner and not safety. He has a 43 inch vertical and ran a 4.45 40 time. Since Jason Sehorn has been out of the league the NFL refuses to allow any whites to play the position. By the way Soelberg had a chance to run the fastest 40 time in combine history had he been invited.

you are correct with this entire post, whiteathlete33.

in case anyone is unaware, Nate Soelberg is a former Mountain West Conference champion in the 100 meters, with a personal best time of 10.34. hemight be the fastest player in the entire NFL, were he actually in the NFL of course.

Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans, he of the "world class speed" as we're told time and time again, and who claims he can outrun Usain Bolt, has never even dreamed of running an official10.3 100-meters ... although he did run a hand-timed 10.38 once in high school. world class my ass.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jimmy I have a feeling even if Soelberg did play in the NFL he would have been moved to safety based on skin color alone despite his incredible speed. Jason Sehorn was also one of the fastest players in the league.

Sehorn was always called a "great white hope" at the cornerback position but the fact is there could be quite a few white cb's in the league if they were given the same opportunities as the bruvas. There are quite a few black cornerbacks in the league that run in the 4.5 ranged and have had successful careers. I am pretty sure Ty Law ran in that range and so did Patrick Surtain. Anyone who tells you that cb's all run in the 4.3-4.4 range is full of s--t.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is some more info on Nate just to show you what a monster this kid is.

*Ranked 79th in the World and 30th amongst Americansprinters in the 60m dash with a time of 6.68 seconds (2003).</font>

*MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE CHAMPION in the 100m with a time of 10.34 seconds. Ranked among the top 60 Americans (2003).</font>

StarWars

Mentor
Who are some other white players with a track history? I know John Riggins, Jake Sharpe, and Lance Alworth were all 100m/ 100 yard speedsters.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tim Dwight was a track star in college and actually ran much faster on the track than he did at the combine. I know Don Beebe also ran track in high school but I am not sure about college. He could run a 4.21 40 and a 4.3 in full pads.

G

Commented, which will always include the words "caste system." Its great to ramble on with fact after fact, but for our purposes they must be hit with a zombie wacking talking point up front and in the chops. Caste system.Caste systemCaste system caste systemcastesystem.

StarWars

Mentor
dwid said:
yep, Jake Sharp ran a 10.5 in high school I believe. He also ran a 4.5 in high school and got that down to 4.3, I wonder what he could have gotten his 100 meter time down to.

He would've had to start cutting weight. But he could've conceivably got it down in the very low 10s assuming he is PED free. Ben Johnson and Justin Gatlin were about Sharpe's speed before they beame WR setting PED abusers.

There was another RB being recruited to UNC as a safety this year but I forgot his name, and he was a track star also.

As we all know though, only functional speed matters. 40s are BS and the 100 meter doesn't directly relate to football. We all bring it up just because it is counterintuitive evidence that whites not only are better at football, but are pretty darn fast too.

I read somewhere by someone on CF or stormfront that the rules in football help blacks a lot. Sports like soccer and rugby (also these are international sports and the affletes are exposed) are more closely suited to whites because of the lack of a 30 second break between plays. In this same sense, the 60m, 100m, and 200m are almost the perfect race for blacks. If the race was a 55m at that level even, more whites would thrive. Still, whites are consistently within the top 10 in the world for both the 60m and 200m, and always for the 400. The 100 is a different story but let's just say the affletes winning that race aren't exactly the most honest people in the world.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
StarWars, the running back for North Carolina is Hunter Furr who was a freshman this year (and got jerked around all season). he was the fastest athlete at UNC the moment he set foot on campus out of high school... even faster than the top sprinter on the track team.
despite his speed, UNC head coach Butch Davis initially wanted him to bulk up to play fullback.

StarWars

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
<div>despite his speed, UNC head coach Butch Davis initially wanted him to bulk up to play fullback.</div>

Sad. Hunter Furr has some real speed. If he lost 50 lbs he'd challenge the 10 second barrier. He already does I believe at well over 200, haha. Sometimes I wish these guys would just do track. Even if it takes steroids to compete at the highest level (unless you're Lemaitre aka "Pepe LeFlew"), at least your fate is in your hands.

Furr should never of went to UNC. I hate to say it, but it's his and his parent's fault for not realizing that he'd be discriminated against. He might not even know now.
smiley6.gif