Australian Teenage Sprinters to watch in the future!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Australia has alot of talent in both the mens and womens sprints. We first saw Jack Hale, Rohan Browning
and Trae Williams burst onto the scene around 5 years ago. Now the next set of young guns are here to
stay. I think at least a few of them will be just as good at the senior level of sprinting.

Jai Gordon 18 years old Personal Best Time of 10.28 wind legal
iu

Aidan Murphy 18 years old Personal Best Time of 10.35 wind legal
iu

Calab Law 18 years old Personal Best Time of 10.36 wind legal
iu

Then you also have 21 year old Tiaan Whelpton with a p.b. of 10.18 wind legal.
iu

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
This Aussie kid(Dylan Hull 16y) won the 100m final in a wind legal(-1.0) 11.03 ..moving for a 16 y old.

mastermulti

Master
Dylan Hall finished strongly there - he's actually only turning 15 this year. And he has a slightly windy (2.3) 10.81 from last month at 14 years old. Looks like an early maturer.

sprintstar

Mentor
10.81 wind aided at 14 is extremely fast. He looks older than 15 physically. Lets hope he continues to pr0gress and hasn't topped out at a young age.

freedom1

Mentor
Does anyone know if Tania Van Heer, from Sri Lanka, mother of Aiden Murphy is of Sinhalese extraction?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know if Tania Van Heer, from Sri Lanka, mother of Aiden Murphy is of Sinhalese extraction?
From what I remember she had the Dutch surname because she is descendant of Dutch settlers and native Sri Lankans. I think I read somewhere these people tended to be in the upper crust of Sri Lanka and ran the country.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
it's strong team

I agree and many of these young men and women will easily transition to the senior level very easily. They have so much talent. I just hope they don't
have success early like many(Jack Hale) and then slowly go back to mediocrity. You never know with sprinters. Hoping they all stay hungry and focused
while being driven the compete with the best in the world.

I haven't given up on Hale but he needs to change things up a.s.a.p. I will continue rooting for him!