Athletes are on a fifth grade reading level

I'll never forget Dexter Manley's story.. a guy who graduated high school, received three dozen scholarship offers, maintained 4 years of college eligibility @ Oklahoma State, and was illiterate (by his own admission). These stories of athletes that don't belong in a university are sad & shameful, but not surprising.
Lots of smart people participate in college sports, but there are always high profile dopes who aren't true student-athletes.. Or I guess as Ray Lewis describes 'em, student-ath-UH-letes..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Let's be honest it's black male athletes reading at the 5th grade level, to bad the media has to sugarcoat the truth.

Let's be honest it's black male athletes reading at the 5th grade level, to bad the media has to sugarcoat the truth.

They sugarcoat it, but everybody knows. Liberals will look you in the eye and lie about it, but they know. They will try to excuse with "racism" or something else, but they know.

I was surprised that they are that smart. When you recruit from a group that has an average IQ of 70, you get results like this.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Not just afroletes, but most AA hires are probably between borderline illiterate to a 5th - 9th grade reading/writing level. It's painfully obvious that their brutal butchery of the King's English is a testament to this fact.