Arlovski vs Rogers

guest301

Hall of Famer
Arlovski in a easy knockout of Rogers. Arlovski was giving Fedor a fair amount of trouble before he got flattened.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Arlovski in a easy knockout of Rogers. Arlovski was giving Fedor a fair amount of trouble before he got flattened.

Agreed...AA walks thru Rogers.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Rogers fought total cans and scrubs in Elite XC. I've never been that impressed by Arlovski but unless he lost something in the brutal KO to Fedor he should stop Rogers.

By the way, whatever happended to the supposed boxing debut of Arlovski?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
AA has all the physical tools to be the world's greatest heavyweight mixed martial artist - except one. A chin.

Rogers could win this thing easily, with a one punch haymaker. I don't think it will be a cake walk for AA, it's worth watching.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
AA has solid ground skills too (via Sambo), just rarely seen in his fights. He's quicker, better pure striker & athlete than Rogers. I fully expect an AA victory.

Poacher

Mentor
AA should take this to the ground rather than risk the flash KO.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
AA does have a questionable chin. However, he has 3 sub wins (including 1 over Sylvia) & 11 KOs/TKOs including some pretty fair opponents like Roman Zentsov, Vladimir Matyushenko, Paul Buentello & Big Ben Rothwell. Sambo wise, AA won the European Youth Sambo Championship and the World Youth Championship plus a silver medal at the Sambo World Cup and another silver medal at the World Sambo Championship. Whereas Rogers has 1 sub (due to strikes) & has fought primarily cans...so I'd definitely agree he should shoot on "The Grim" & sub him. Rogers is heavier (looks sloppy) & might be stronger...BUT AA has the speed, skill & athletic advantage. Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Blue Devils

Mentor
Andrei should win this match.

The only thing that worries me is his punch resistance. Especially after that brutal KO defeat to Fedor.

Poacher

Mentor
Cryin' out loud. What happened to you AA?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I can't believe he lost to that fat Brett Rogers.

Rogers is 10-0 with 10 KO's. Might have beaten some cans but has a 100% finish rate.

Have you heard of Roy 'Big Country' Nelson? He's 13-4, he lost his last two fights to Jeff Monson by decision and to Arlovski by KO in the 2nd, but the guy is a decent fighter. Don't let the flab fool you.

roynelson.jpg

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
Cryin' out loud. What happened to you AA?

Fedor happened. I know, it's armchair fan psychology at it's worst but I think it's in Arlovski's head that he can be knocked out easily - so he is.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I agree with that. It's in his head now and Arlovski may be a mentally shot fighter now which is sad because athletically he's still in his prime.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
whiteathlete33 said:
I can't believe he lost to that fat Brett Rogers.

Rogers is 10-0 with 10 KO's. Might have beaten some cans but has a 100% finish rate.

Have you heard of Roy 'Big Country' Nelson? He's 13-4, he lost his last two fights to Jeff Monson by decision and to Arlovski by KO in the 2nd, but the guy is a decent fighter. Don't let the flab fool you.

roynelson.jpg

Nelson was solid in Bodog Fight. He's a tough hombre. Fyi, as I've mentioned before...a fight isn't a bodybuilding or powerlifting contest. Being in shape & strong are very beneficial to a fighter, but aren't the end-all-be-all. There's been plenty buff cans or monsters with no skill or glass chins. Have a look at the best fighter in the world (Fedor)...he's not shredded or a beast (like Lesnar), but has an iron chin, heavy hands, world class Sambo, killer instinct & ring intelligence!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Maple Leaf said:
No chin, Arlovski has to go back to school and start a new career.

He could put on that famous fang mouthguard of his and star in vampire movies.
smiley2.gif

Dr_JMC

Anybody with even a rudimentary knowledge of the science of phrenology would have known years ago that Arlovsky would not have a chin. Even before he ever got hit, this could have easily been predicted. Just look at the similarities:

http://www.5thround.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/aarlovski.jpg
http://static.boxrec.com/wiki/thumb/b/bb/87Jul.jpg/180px-87Jul.jpg

this kind of stuff could have easily been avoided if the science of phrenology was given more credit:
http://www.mma-core.com/images/fights/full/Fedor_Emelianenko_vs_AndreiArlovski_1000070.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoePu0dpUxM

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I imagine that "Dr JMC" is Nevada?

Don edited one of his comments on the boxing forum.

If so, shouldnt he be oiking with the rest of the 12-year old, media-loving piggies at the "bleecher report?" Shouldnt he be making fake screenames with his chums...and then arguing with them AS himself?

I hope I'm wrong.Edited by: Thrashen

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
AA should've shot on Rogers & kep him on the mat. He has zero chin. Rogers still ain't jack & would be owned by Lesnar, Mir, Couture, Carwin & Nog...and (of course) obliterated by King Fedor!
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
For some reason Arlovski wants to be a stand up fighter. He even said after the Fedor fight that he went for the flying knee because it was 'flashy.' He is too caught up in looking good rather than kicking ass.