Anti Morrison/Redick Culumn

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a complet idiot that writer is!Who cares what he thinks anyway.They will need to prove it at the next level which I believe they will.It might take a couple of years though for them to make a bigger impact.Morrison reminds me so much of Larry Bird.

guest301

Hall of Famer
He compares Redick to Jon Barry and Morrison to Dennis Scott. Oh please! Redick will be a better version of Jeff Hornacek(agood player in his won right) and Morrison will either attain Bird like status or be at least as good as Detlef Scremph.

Bart

Hall of Famer
You really have to wonder about this writer's motivation. These two players are getting a lot of hype and media attention, which is not a good thing for the Caste system. Kevin Hench is working on his resume in hopes of bigger and better job opportunities, I suppose. He cut their NBA hopes to ribbons, cleverly throwing in a little bit of praise here and there to seem objective.

I like this line: But as I've watched more and more Duke basketball down the stretch, including Redick's 11-point struggle against Temple, I've become convinced that the occasional NBA-level flash of quickness and athleticism is aberrant.

I think he's just coined a new term to be used like-deceptively fast- for whites. JJ Redick has occasional quickness and athleticism! What does that mean?How is it possible to be occasionally quick and athletic? What...he's usually slow and unathletic but at times he can be quick and athletic? How goofy.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hey...Morrison has got the same mustache!!

Morrison is not Larry Bird, nor does he play anything like Detlef, who was
a 6-11 all-around player. Morrison best case scenario would be a Reggie
Miller type.

Kaptain

Master
GreatLakeState said:
Morrison is not Larry Bird, nor does he play anything like Detlef, who was
a 6-11 all-around player. Morrison best case scenario would be a Reggie
Miller type.

And worst of all he's not from Detroit! Damn him!! He's such a sorry loser!!!
smiley7.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I like Reggie Millers game but Morrison is taller, plays forward and has much more of a post up game than Miller. If he ends up having a HOF career like Miller I will be more than satisfied. I disagree with you about Detlef, Morrison often brings the ball up the floor just like Detlef and plays the point forward position when the game is on the line just like Detlef. I think JJ Redick has more of Reggie Miller's game than Morrison does except I think he will be more of a high percentage shooter than Reggie. I think the comparisons we search for get kind of old and lame after awhile, they will both be very good players and maybe great.

pt.guard

I too dislike comparisons of Morrison to Larry Bird. Morrison should be a very good NBA player, but Larry Bird was a once in a life time player. In fact, although Jordan was a better individual player, you could make the argument that Bird did more things better than almost anyone who ever played (I would put Magic in this category as well) in that he was not only a great shooter, but the best passing forward ever, a tenacious rebounder and an under appreciated defensive player (made 2nd team all defense several times in his career). He also raised the level of his team mates to another level (as did Magic and eventually Jordan) and was one of the greatest clutch players ever - who alwaysseemed to find a way to win.

I just think it is unfair to compare any kid to Bird (or Jordan or Magic for that matter) as it just sets up unrealistic expectations.

However, I do feel that Morrison should and will excel and am looking forward to watching him on the next level......

Edited by: pt.guard

Alpha Male

Mentor
They used to compare Tom Guggliotta to Larry Bird, and we all know he didn't live up to his reputation. Although he had a few stellar seasons and was an All-Star.Edited by: Alpha Male