Ann Coulter

Menelik

Mentor
Did anyone catch the program where Ann made these "antisemitic" remarks?

Oy vey!

guest301

Hall of Famer
I like Ann Coulter and those comments were not anti-semitic at all. She just repeated the standard belief that most evangelical and fundementalist christians believe that Jesus is the only way of salvation and that Jews who accept Jesus are in her words "perfected jews" or my words "completed jews". This is a manufactured controversy and a complete non-story and Coulter should know better than going on that douche bag's show.

White_Savage

Mentor
Coulter's troubles are a perfect example of why any intellectually honest Gentile is anti-Semitic. An even higher commandment of our totalitarian media than "Thou shalt not criticize a *******" is "Thou shalt not even LOOK like you're criticizing a Jew".

But then again, is she not "anti-Semitic" in her own way?

So let me get this one straight.

I'm considered to be anti-Semitic, because I believe Jews have a certain bias against White culture, because they have used their influence to undermine the White race, and because I believe they should admit as much and knock it off!

For this I am named a wicked anti-Semite.

Yet I don't believe that Einstein or Von Neuman or Isaac Asimov are in Hell. I don't believe any virtuous Jew (or virtuous anything else) is going to be punished for their religion, which, let us face facts, is decided by by how one is raised as much by choice.

So the doctrinaire Christian, who believes the observing Jew's religion is a mistake and his soul is bound for the wrong side of the afterlife, is the Jew's buddy.

And I, who simply want Jews to quit tinkering with his society, why am I considered the greater evil here?

I actually thought that Ann Coulter was jewish! She talks like a lot of Jewish babes I have met.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ann Coulter = conservative man's Howard Stern.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Any christian worth his/her salt has to wish that everyone should convert to Christianity.If you hold that Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life"; and you wish everyone to be saved, you must wish that everyone should convert to Christianity.

I don't like Coulter for other reasons...but she is simply being faithful and logically consistent in her beliefs.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Solomon Kane said:
Any christian worth his/her salt has to wish that everyone should convert to Christianity.If you hold that Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life"; and you wish everyone to be saved, you must wish that everyone should convert to Christianity.

Well put and exactly my thoughts.

White_Savage

Mentor
But every Christian also believes that whoever dies not a Christian, for whatever reason, (Such as: coming from a religion just as unilateral as Christianity, never having heard much about Christianity, or having noticed the absolute lack of evidence of any supernatural phenomena whatsoever), inevitably is shut out of the kingdom of heaven, and is bound for eternal punishment. (Eternal punishment in hell is the most scripturally defensible position in the afterlife and the view of the majority of Christians. Do not allow appoligists who are embarrased by the barbarism of this belief to persuade you it's non-doctrine.) And they are FINE with this situation.

Einstein in Hell? Karla Faye Tucker* in Heaven? Absurd and unconsionable!

*(Vile pick-axe murderess who tried to use her gender and a jail-house conversion to get out of execution.)

When a jew says they're g*d's choosen people and Christ is in Hell burning in sh*t (according to the Talmud) that isn't hate.

When a Muslim talks approvingly of the rape of non-veiled women or killing Muslims that convert, that's not hate.

It seems the only religion capable of being "intolerant" is mainstream white Christianity.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I maintain that the attack on Christianity isn't necessarily and only a religious one as much as it is racial. Christianity, in the United States at least, is identified as a white man's religion. Ergo, attacking Christianity can be seen as synonymous with attacking the white man and his traditional values like marriage, family, honor, respect, and so forth.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I maintain that the attack on Christianity isn't necessarily and only a religious one as much as it is racial. Christianity, in the United States at least, is identified as a white man's religion. Ergo, attacking Christianity can be seen as synonymous with attacking the white man and his traditional values like marriage, family, honor, respect, and so forth.

Exactly my thoughts, Shogun. I just wish more Christians would see these attacks as just not a religous persecution but a racial persecution as well.

White_Savage

Mentor
Right on brother.

Understand, my theological differences with Christians are a seperate thing. It is ridiculous that Christians are the ONLY religous group in this country that are "targets" for so called comedians and what have you, when Islam is still ten times more barbaric than Christianity ever was, and Judiasm, which contains any number of truly ridiculous notions, is That-Which-Cannot-Be-Touched-Upon-Even-In-Fun.

White Shogun said:

White_Savage

Mentor
Really? Okay, how about Eric the Red? Vercengetorix? Bouidicca? Archimedes? Homer?

jaxvid said:
White_Savage said:
Einstein in Hell?

I'm OK with that.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
Really? Okay, how about Eric the Red? Vercengetorix? Bouidicca? Archimedes? Homer?

Wouldn't be heaven without them!
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
White Savage said:
But every Christian also believes that whoever dies not a Christian, for whatever reason, (Such as: coming from a religion just as unilateral as Christianity, never having heard much about Christianity, or having noticed the absolute lack of evidence of any supernatural phenomena whatsoever), inevitably is shut out of the kingdom of heaven, and is bound for eternal punishment. (Eternal punishment in hell is the most scripturally defensible position in the afterlife and the view of the majority of Christians. Do not allow appoligists who are embarrased by the barbarism of this belief to persuade you it's non-doctrine.) And they are FINE with this situation.

But every Christian does not believe this. It is true that this is the 'mainstream, Evangelical' view, but there are other Christians who do not believe this. Many Christians today do not believe in Hell; others believe that all men will eventually be saved; and still others believe different things than these.

There are many different definitions of what it means to be a Christian, although I'm sure your rebuttal is meant and intended for the mainstream view, and as such I agree and see your point.

Even my own view is outside the mainstream, but I don't want to hijack this thread and turn into another one of those theological arguments that we used to love so much around here.
smiley36.gif

If anyone is interested in discussing this further, feel free to PM me.

White_Savage

Mentor
Now his is the interesting bit.

Saw a pro-Israeli Jewish author on the "Daily Show" once. He had written a book along the lines of Evangelical Christians support the Jews, Jews should recognize the friendship of Evangelical Christians.

John Stewart asks him, "But...how do you feel about the whole they think you're going to Hell thing?" And the author responds, that's okay, as long as they help us on Earth, we'll let the afterlife take care of itself.

I find that degree of pragmatism slightly disturbing
smiley5.gif

White_Savage said:

My understanding was always that Hell is for those who rejected Jesus as savior. Those who never got the choice will get to decide sometime after the Rapture(hence Christianity's efforts to spread the gospel to everyone in every language). I was also always taught that the Jews have a special place in all of it, too, as 'the chosen ones' or whatever they decide they want to be called today.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I believe in the annihilation viewpoint of hell as well and that goes outside the mainstream view of Christianity. I believe it's the most scriptural interpetation and I think the current mainstream doctrine on hell makes God to be out a sadist. Like Shogun, I don't want to hijack this thread and I think we had a thread on this subject several months ago where alot of us posted on this extensively. Read theologian Clark Pinnocks "Four views of Hell" book for more info on this doctrine or just type those words in your search engine.Edited by: guest301

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks Shogun for your informative pm. I edited the post above with the actual book title.It's been so long since I read it.

White_Savage

Mentor
Every night I go to sleep. During that time (excluding dreams) I know nothing, feel nothing, I guess in alot of ways I am nothing during that time. It is not unpleasant, I do not fear it. Seems like an eternity of that condition would be an awful light punishment for say, Stalin, though still a rather heavy punishment for virtuous Jews, Buddhists, Pagans, atheists, etc.

guest301 said:
I believe in the annihilation viewpoint of hell as well and that goes outside the mainstream view of Christianity. I believe it's the most scriptural interpetation and I think the current mainstream doctrine on hell makes God to be out a sadist. Like Shogun, I don't want to hijack this thread and I think we had a thread on this subject several months ago where alot of us posted on this extensively. Read theologian Clark Pinnocks "Four views of Hell" book for more info on this doctrine or just type those words in your search engine.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
Every night I go to sleep. During that time (excluding dreams) I know nothing, feel nothing, I guess in alot of ways I am nothing during that time. It is not unpleasant, I do not fear it. Seems like an eternity of that condition would be an awful light punishment for say, Stalin, though still a rather heavy punishment for virtuous Jews, Buddhists, Pagans, atheists, etc.

guest301 said:
I believe in the annihilation viewpoint of hell as well and that goes outside the mainstream view of Christianity. I believe it's the most scriptural interpetation and I think the current mainstream doctrine on hell makes God to be out a sadist. Like Shogun, I don't want to hijack this thread and I think we had a thread on this subject several months ago where alot of us posted on this extensively. Read theologian Clark Pinnocks "Four views of Hell" book for more info on this doctrine or just type those words in your search engine.

White Savage..So you feel nothing when you go to sleep at night and I guess that is bliss to you. What's bliss to me is knowing Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour and knowing I have a purpose in this life and a eternal reward in the next life. I am not trying to be a smart aleck and disrespectful to you, but you can continue to look forward to eventually feeling nothing and I can look forward to feeling so much more. I pray you have a better fate than that. What we do in life echoes in eternity.Edited by: guest301

Solomon Kane

Mentor
In my view one may be a Christian explicitly and formally or implicitly and virtually. Catholic doctrine (I am Catholic) at any rate does not automatically consign someone to Hell if he has not *explicitly* heard of Christ. If the proverbial "Pagan on a Desert Island" is ignorant of Christ but truly follows God's will to the best of his ability, then God will provide him with the necessary light and grace to make a justifying act of Faith in God, and in His Christ. He would therefore be transformed from Pagan to Christian. God is all-powerful so he can convey grace without the immediate use of a missionary or a sacrament.

Only the wicked go to Hell (in the strict sense of Hell). If a Christian goes to Hell (and many do), it is because he turns away from his baptismal promises and the graces he has received from God. If a pagan goes to hell it is either because he *heard the gospel and refused to believe it*, or because he *failed to do what he could have done* to lead himself towards a hearing of the gospel. Both of these are serious sins

Sorry for the theology, but like Guest301, I am greatly interested in these issues.

Peace to all.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Well, since we've hijacked the thread after all, I'll throw my two cents in:

As far as theology goes, I believe it is more important to be Christ-like than to believe certain things about Christ. However, I realize I am not a shining example of my own ideology, and admittedly my theology often breaks down when confronted with rude beggars and people who cut me off in traffic.

This does not mean (obviously), that I believe that being Christ-like means being a panty-waisted namby-pamby who is a milquetoast pacifist.

There is a lot more to be said about on this topic though, and I'm not sure this is thread or the place. Perhaps we can start a 'Religion' thread in Happy Hour where those who are so inclined can discuss this topic to their hearts content? Moderators, what say you?