Andre Gautreaux and Turner Petersen

Mike

Guru
Rice commits. Peterson is a 6'2, 205-lb WR/S/ATH who runs a 4.51/40 and will be used like James Casey was over the last few years. Gautreaux is a 6'1 WR out of Texas who runs a sub 4.5 and chose Rice over Navy, Army, and Wyoming.

Gautreaux Profile

Peterson Profile

Rice also has a number of notable defensive commits for anyone interested.

SteveB

Mentor
Gautreaux is a stud. He played at nearby (to me) Friendswood HS and was a dominant WR and kick returner. Having seen him play, he is faster than 4.50 in the 40. In the La Marque game, he ran past their black DBs all night long, to the tune of over 400 yds in receiving and return yds.

With McGuffie coming in plus the other good white Texas high school players, Coach Bailiff has it going on at Rice.Edited by: SteveB

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Rice is now my team. Too bad they are not in a major conference and I won't get to see them much.
smiley19.gif
. I also like Rutgers with Martinek and Nebraska with Burkhead!

I also believe both Wegher and Trumpy will play in the Big 10; they're just too good to hold off the field. If we're lucky Blankenship and Dierking might get some carries too in the Big 10! Go White RBs!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wheeww what a long day! 7 AM to 3:30 PM and as you guys may have noticed I keep posting late at night because I keep waking up every night. That is probably why I mis-stated that; I was real tired it's that time of year. I shouldn't be awake at 3 AM, but often am. Yeah Iowa State is Big 12, but it's confusing because Iowa is Big 10.

Do you guys think Blankenship will ever get playing time at Iowa State? They played Todd Blythe there for a few years as their go-to WR. I think they'll probably use Blankenship as part of a dual threat backfield if he gets playing time. He'll be like Maurice Jones-Drew to Fred Taylor in Blacksonville; or Derrick Ward is to Brandon Jacobs in Giant-town. What is your guys opinion, will he play?

Mike thanks for posting the profiles of these two guys; I had never heard of them as they weren't highly ranked by Scout or Rivals, but that is expected with those haters.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tough J i like Blankenship a looooot. He is short but built like a truck and has awesome speed to compliment it. Unless Iowa State finds another super athlete to replace him i find it hard for him to not get a legitimate ammount of touches pper game.