American People : Becoming "Foreigners" In Our Own Land

werewolf

Hall of Famer
When they got their canon fodder to fight all their "good wars" for them, particularly WW1 and most especially WW 2, they forgot to tell them that they were fighting for a non-white America for their grandchildren.

Last edited:

devans

Mentor
Quick quiz question.

There is a country in Africa called Namibia, and the capital city is called Windhoek.
Largest city in Michigan USA is Detroit.
Out of these two cities which one has the highest percentage of white people living in it? (2010/11 figures)

Tom Iron

Mentor
This is a very interesting thought. One that I've pondered for quite awhile. As a walker, I see much more than most people. Not because I'm smarter or anything like that. But just because I'm moving slower. I observe things and maybe might even stop and ponder them. When we drive, which most people do most of the time, we see much less of the surrounding area through neccessity. It wouldn't do to be skylarking all over the place when we're driving. But, on the other hand, we drive far too much. People (especially children) don't evercise their senses. They don't understand cold, heat, rain, snow, wind, etc. Nor do they understand their surrounding terrain, not having trversed it. Many young people have no idea even if the area they live in is hilly, flat, has a lot of rivers, etc. These are things people used to know at a very young age. When I walk, 90% of the time, if I see another walker, it's a foreigner. They, at least have an idea of the area they inhabit. Mostly of course, it's because they don't have a vehicle. Otherwise, they'd live like us. I've said this before, but I'll say it once more. As a native of NYC, I never knew people lived like this until my wife and I left NYC and came to the Jersey Shore to live because of a family situation (this is where my wife grew up and went to school). As far as us becoming starngers in our own land, well yes. If a person isn't familiar with his own area, doesn't that make him a stranger? In years past, people may not have traveled much, but they knew every square inch of the area they inhabited for a 25 mile radius. I'm not being critical of our people. Just stating facts. There's enough criticism of our people without me criticizing us. I love White people and I'm just an older man now and don't understand the new way of living. Time has more or less past me by.

Tom Iron...